It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lupica: Morbid find suggests murder-obsessed gunman Adam Lanza plotted Newtown, Conn.'s Sandy Hook

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Lupica: Morbid find suggests murder-obsessed gunman Adam Lanza plotted Newtown, Conn.'s Sandy Hook massacre for years

www.nydailynews.com

Law enforcement reportedly discovers a sickeningly thorough 7-foot-long, 4-foot-wide spreadsheet with names, body counts and weapons from previous mass murders and even attempted killings. 'It sounded like a doctoral thesis, that was the quality of the research,' an anonymous law enforcement veteran said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Few things. This thread is not for any kind of debate on a conspiracy. It wasn't, nor do I care to hear how this was in your eyes. If you think it was, great, move on.

But this article sheds some major major light on lanza. He kept what looked like a score sheet. Pretty sick. I don't like the video game excuses though. People are just stick. Sick people have killed for centuries. But the detail in which he planned this is quite disturbing. It shows a level of sadisticness, that I can't even fathom. The article shows this wasn't just s kid who snapped, this was the work of pure evil. I debated even sharing this. I checked the search and didn't see anything. But felt it should be shared because the only way to try and prevent this is to understand it add much as possible.

Thoughts?

www.nydailynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I don't think people are any more sick or evil then they ever were, but it seems something is giving them the nudge they needed to carry out these acts.

Or maybe we are just hearing about it more do to the saturation of information these days?
I don't know.

I don't doubt that the dude was kooky, but this level of planning sounds like a person being practical and efficient. Which might make this even worse. That such a disturbed person was capable of such clear rational thought to plan it out so well.

I just don't know.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I just don't buy it. After all this time, this is just being discovered. How convenient. This guy was no efficient, methodical killing machine. He was an autistic patsy, and as we all know, dead men tell no tales. I call B.S.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

That's what gets me. The planning and intricacy makes it even worse, and I didn't think that was possible.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

Or they are just releasing it now...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Shooter had common sense and rudimentary planning skills, big deal why?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
Shooter had common sense and rudimentary planning skills, big deal why?

If you dont get what understanding the enemy gets you, I can't help ya.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Understanding the enemy
He was a retard with a hit list big whoop.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

If you don't care move on. But dont act like an ignorant person. Trying to understand the psychology behind a killer like this Is paramount in understanding how to try and prevent future murders.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

The ability to methodically research, and study previous murders and murderers, coupled with the ability to meticulously plan, and execute a methodology of murder of this scale should not suprise ANYONE. BTK, a murderer whose exploits are well documented, was a serial murderer, not a spree killer. But he aquired legal education, with the intent of making himself more aware of the sorts of forensic details that he would have to be aware of, in order to evade justice.

Having had a rudimentary education in that field myself, I can attest that it is likely to have consisted of a fair amount of case history, attendant forensics reports, the results of any psychological profile that may have been assembled as part of an investigation, and details of the way the police and legal representatives of the state operate, with regard to thier limitations, and thier strengths.

He stalked his victims, learned thier habits, thier routines. He would cut telephone lines to a property, before entering to do his foul deed, and all while married with two children, active in his local church (in which he posed one of his dead victims in order to take photographs for his own gratification) and a leader of a local scout group or similar (the outdoor events of which, he used as an oppertunity to go off into the brush, or the woods, and perform auto errotic asphyxia routines on himself, while photographing himself in the process).

He was able to get away with these crimes for so long, PRECISELY because of his attention to detail, his research on each victim, his studious nature.

Obviously Adam Lanza is a different kettle of fish to Dennis Rader. The most obvious difference, is that although Adam Lanza has been found to have researched the crime of murder to a significant degree, he either lacked the patience or imagination, or desire to evade justice for any length of time, as evidenced by the fact that he did not even escape the scene of his crime. With the level of precision suggested by this article, he could easily have organised an escape if he had so desired.

However, precision and a methodical approach are actually quite common in some manifestations of autism, a condition suffered by Lanza as far as I am aware. Also, this level of precision may be rare in criminals whose crimes are barbaric in nature, but far from unheard of.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
It seems to me that the greatest fear some have about vidio games like Black Ops and others, is that they are high quality combat simulation. Word to the wise there.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack
He was an autistic patsy, and as we all know, dead men tell no tales. I call B.S.

A person that is slightly autistic can be infatuated with charts, counts, lists, etc. Also he did have known mental issues, so why not sociopath tendencies with no mental capabilities to understand or have empathy in anyway.
edit on 19-3-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

But the detail in which he planned this is quite disturbing. It shows a level of sadisticness, that I can't even fathom. The article shows this wasn't just s kid who snapped, this was the work of pure evil.

Excuse me Sir, where have you seen the spread sheet? I can't seem to find it?

I need to see it first and then i need scientific/lawful proof the writings on it are the same as all the other Adam's handwriting's .. only then could i make such a statement as you have made in your OP.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Few things. This thread is not for any kind of debate on a conspiracy.

On a conspiracy site.
I think, you sir, should move on.
All you do is argue and call people ignorant who's views don't correspond with yours.
So, ill say it again:
You sir, should move on.
And take your arrogant self righteousness with you.

I still havn't formed an opinion with all of this as I really don't trust most media. But when I do, Ill be sure to not argue about it with you.

edit on 19-3-2013 by AnimositisominA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I agree, but as you said. That type of planning is typical and expected of serial killers.
I admit that I am not very knowledgeable about spree or mass killers, but I don't remember every hearing about one putting so much planning into it. As far as I know they kind of just show up and blast away.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

How are you going to post a thread on a conspiracy website where people debate topics and post that this is not up for debate nor is it a conspiracy? Then add that you do not wish to hear opposing thoughts and then ask for thoughts? Seems to me you should have just not posted this at all then.
There have been, and are now, and always will be major controversy surrounding this topic. I for one will continue to voice concern over this.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

But this article sheds some major major light on lanza. He kept what looked like a score sheet. Pretty sick. I don't like the video game excuses though. People are just stick. Sick people have killed for centuries. But the detail in which he planned this is quite disturbing. It shows a level of sadisticness, that I can't even fathom. The article shows this wasn't just s kid who snapped, this was the work of pure evil.

Ok, here is where I say, so do I and I don't plan on killing anybody. I don't think my spreadsheet is 7 feet long and it doesn't include weapon types (unless they were numerologically significant) and mine include over 1000 data points taken from wikipedia.

Why do I have this you might ask? For the purposes of doing statistical analysis to see if the occultically significant numbers 3, 7, 11, 13, 33, etc show up in a statistically significant way (which they do.)

So, having a speadsheet of such information does not automatically make a person sick, nor does it make them suspect.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Didn't Lanza remove and shoot his hard drive?

He pretty much destroyed it so that authorities could not read it.

How can anyone read a hard drive that a hole or several holes in it? One can't. Lanza knew that.

So where is this so-called spreadsheet coming from? I really doubt that Lanza had it lying around his room. He wanted to destroy evidence and that would have been included. (Burn the paper and shoot the drive!)

-E2

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

reply to post by zonetripper2065

If you don't care move on. But dont act like an ignorant person. Trying to understand the psychology behind a killer like this Is paramount in understanding how to try and prevent future murders.

It isn't really, and they will continue- in my opinion they occur more frequently now than, say, 50 years ago, due to drug use, both legal and illegal

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join