It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the HELL are they sweetening Pepsi with?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Aborted fetal cells are sold to American companies and used as "Natural Flavor Enhancers".

Not true.
The article you yourself linked to even states what the reality of the situation is.

I gotta wonder,..
why do you defenfed stuff like this??

I can imagine a conversation a few years back...
LilDrummerBoy: Saddan Hussein has weapons of mass destruction!
Me: erm.. no, he doesnt.
LilDrummerBoy: Why do you defend stuff like this??

Same reason. I'm one who believes that people should be prosecuted for the crimes they have *actually* committed, and not on the basis of internet legends.

If somebody claimed that Hitler loved kicking puppies, I'd defend him.
If somebody claimed that Pol Pot's favorite hobby was biting the heads off kittens, I'd defend him.
If somebody claimed that Monsanto grinds up new born babies whole, for use as fertiliser, I'd defend them.

Its called "denying ignorance", and finding out how the world really is.

Evildoers have done enough already that the truth should be enough to hang them.
Some people, like yourself, appear to be of the mindset that it should be "hang the bastards, any fabricated excuse will do!"

edit on 19-3-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Dud, probably 70% of what you eat and drink everyday,you have no idea what is in it....and you'r worrying about a soda drink. You should be consuming them anyway if you want to be healthy!

Let the obese worry about the contents of Pepsi.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
A friend once said to me 'If these big companies making Coke and Pepsi have to spend millions of pounds/dollars on advertising to get you to drink it, what the hell is in it?!'
And it's a point I had never thought about before. If you have to brain washed into consuming these products, then there is clearly something wrong.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I stopped drinking these drinks when I saw on bbc news that Coca Cola and Pepsi had to remove a chemical in their drinks in the state of California because California passed a law making the producers of these drinks add a label saying this chemical could cause cancer.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
So its the amount that determines whether or not an ingredient must be reported?

If its a small enough amount, it does not have to be reported?

I wonder what that amount is, because we as a species have discovered, and created a multitude of substances that are lethal in extremely tiny amounts. And I would have to deduce that there are a great many more that, while not lethal in these small amounts, can still be toxic, and can cause irreversible damage to the body... so, going by the amount isn't exactly um, I dunno, sane...

I think I'll go down on the corner and smoke ONLY A VERY SMALL AMOUNT of crack. Or Maybe I'll go and have unprotected sex with ONLY A SMALL AMOUNT of prostitutes. Or maybe I'll just start a turff war with only a few street gangs.

Maybe I'll take a gun, aim it at my head, and pull the trigger and maybe it will be ok if there is only a few bullets in there...in fact, I'll be like Pepsi and prove that I'm better than the competitor. I'll only use one bullet. One teeny tiny little bullet...what could that hurt? It's only ONE, and everybody knows, only a little bit of something can't hurt you, so only one of something definitely can't hurt you. In fact it will probably help you... Makes sense to me! If a little bit won't hurt you, one probably helps. Yep. That's solid science right there. God-damn bulletproof!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Cheers for sharing. Anyone notice in pepsis ad there is a "baby" dancing? lol coincedence? I think not. BOYCOTT!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
i heard on alex jones that in china they use dead babies to make the flavoring or something. But dont take this as fact though.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by eisegesis

Why don't they just stick to cane or agave sugar...oh ya, what's good for us isn't what's good for them. $$$$

Stevia, a natural plant with zero side effects (other than an incredibly sweet taste), and zero calories is a fast growing, easy to cultivate plant which is part of the Sunflower family of plants.

It has been used for centuries as a sweetener in South America, and for around 40 years, Millions of people in Japan have been using it as the primary alternative to Sugar since the 1970's, when many artificially created sweeteners were banned there.

It's derived compounds are up to 300 times sweeter than sugar, but without the real or perceived negatives and health concerns and controversies associated with sugar or artificial sweeteners, so is ideal for weight loss, calorie controlled diets and diabetics to use in place of both natural Sugar or artificial synthetics of sugar.

With compounds 300 times as sweet as sugar, or unprocessed leaves and plant materials picked right off the plant being up to 45 times as sweet as sugar, it's logical to say that Stevia could offer a vary profitable cash crop for farmers, all but replacing sugar beets and canes as the primary source of plant material for natural sweetener use.

As it will supply, after processing, the same amount of sweetness as sugar but deliver it using 300 times less farm land, 300 times less fertilisers, 300 times less pesticides and crucially in some areas of the world, 300 times less water and other resources, Stevia is the natural choice for delivering the sweet taste the world craves.

It ticks all the right boxes, health-wise, economically for the farmers, environmentally for the planet (up to 300x as much 'sweetness' for similar farm area and resources as sugar) and ethically, as it's a natural no-Franken-junk chemical invention.

It's insane to continue with controversial artificial sweetener products or even sugar as a primary sweetener in todays world of finite resources and an ever increasing line up of artifical chemical food and drink additives.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Well I'm gonna stick with STEVIA !!!!!

Since giving up aspartame and nutrasweet and the other sweeteners and just using stevia exclusively, my head is a lot clearere and I have a ton of energy. The Stevia In the Raw is good, I like the flavor and it doesn't make me cray-cray.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

Stevia, a natural plant with zero side effects (other than an incredibly sweet taste), and zero calories is a fast growing, easy to cultivate plant which is part of the Sunflower family of plants.

I can't dispute the potential health benefits of Stevia over existing artificial sweeteners but, in my case, it's turned out to be the first thing I've ever been allergic to and I'll have to avoid anything containing it. Not anaphylactic type allergic, it just makes me briefly ill and I get a nasty rash that requires hydrocortisone ointment to clear up over a few days. So the 'zero side effects' isn't exactly accurate for everyone but I and others affected similarly will perhaps be able to build up a tolerance to it over time if its use becomes as widespread as I believe it will in preference to the nastier alternatives.

I liked the taste of it but just 2 cups of coffee, each with a single stevia tablet as sweetener, made a mess of me for several days. Tried the new Pepsi Next (because it was very cheap) without reading the label first and had a similar but less pronounced reaction to that too so I'm now an avid label reader.
edit on 19/3/2013 by Pilgrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
you would have to be crazy to drink something that you dont even know whats in it. I`m sure there are enough crazy stupid people who will keep buying and drinking that mystery juice to keep pepsi in business.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX
reply to post by eisegesis

Why don't they just stick to cane or agave sugar...oh ya, what's good for us isn't what's good for them. $$$$

As it will supply, after processing, the same amount of sweetness as sugar but deliver it using 300 times less farm land, 300 times less fertilisers, 300 times less pesticides and crucially in some areas of the world, 300 times less water and other resources, Stevia is the natural choice for delivering the sweet taste the world craves.

It ticks all the right boxes, health-wise, economically for the farmers, environmentally for the planet (up to 300x as much 'sweetness' for similar farm area and resources as sugar) and ethically, as it's a natural no-Franken-junk chemical invention.

It's insane to continue with controversial artificial sweetener products or even sugar as a primary sweetener in todays world of finite resources and an ever increasing line up of artifical chemical food and drink additives.

I think that HFCS has actually become so status quo that people are embarrased to admit that their soda is sweetened with stevia or anything else that might make their soda 'differen't' from their group of friends.

I also feel that someone who's body has adjusted to artificial or addictive sweeteners will also have a hard time switching. Most don't realize that a detox must take place before the craving will disappear. Manufacturers will not incorporate stevia into all their products because of peoples inability to get off of their routine or addiction.

Not to mention the corn gangbang that is going on between farmers, regulators and law makers.

Ignorance is Bliss

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
LAst month there were Stevia flavoured Coca Cola bottles in our supermarket.

I Also read about Pepsi using Stevia in Australia....

So they know how to do it.. They just don 't want to ...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

This has been going on for some time and it's not just Pepsi.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Come on everyone, I'm sure a corporation wouldn't put something in their products that are potentially dangerous to their customers....

But really, avoid this crap, when food and beverage companies need to hide the ingredients in their products that is a serious red flag. Some will even list sodium hydoroxolpycolate benzoate in their ingredient list, so if its a secret, its worse than whatever that is.

Just avoid it, support the companies that are actually making food out of...well food, and not some chemical concoction made in a lab. Where did it go so wrong?

AWA

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Can't believe nobody's mentioned Miraculin yet. Remember, the mysterious berries that make everything from garlic to jalapeños taste sweet? If that's what they're using, it's completely natural. But somehow I doubt it... because they're being so secretive about it. Miraculin is hardly a secret. I tried it myself over three years ago. It does work, but not instantly, so your first sip of Pepsi might taste like battery acid. Maybe they're using somethiing similar, to avoid patent infringement. Similar but deadly, no doubt. I sure wouldn't trust Pepsi any more. Never forget Agenda 21 and Codex Alimentarius are still out there. Stick with tea and coffee, and use honey to sweeten it instead of table sugar (which is all now made from genetically modified "sugar beets" instead of real cane sugar for some reason).

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by clairvoyantrose
Aborted fetal cells are sold to American companies and used as "Natural Flavor Enhancers". China is a-okay with ingesting cloned baby matter. It's in anti-aging creams to stamina pills. Enjoy that sweet sweet baby you're drinking.

thanks, I needed to get nauseous right before eating my dinner..
if what you say it's true, how can people be ok with it? how come we don't care about what we ingest? fetuses used as antiaging cream ingredients? what the hell? on what basis? based on the legends of the vampires?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I love Coca cola , i always put a plastic bottle in the fridge for 4 to 5 hours full of Coca cola and it is really sweet when you drink it then.

Pepsi however is discusting and i dont like the sweetening stuff , it tastes like i am drinking a cocktail of different sugar types. and i used to drink Fernandez wich is a sugar explosion.

even a small can i dont even drink halfway down , it just taste like sh@#@t.

TheGreazel.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Just wanted to say, any kind of artificial sweetener is bad. Organic cane and beet sugar in small quantities is the way to go. Mostly consume glucose and avoid fructose.

When you consume artificial sweetener the body releases glycogen however the body does not find any real "sugar". However it starts hoarding sugar in the form of fat because its confused with what is real and what is fake. Hence the reports for people being fatter on diet sodas. A small amount of fruit juice and sparkling water is ideal.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
A while back I stopped drinking soda for a full year. I got my taste buds to start recognizing flavors in food without lots of added salts and sugars. The first sip of soda I had after that was god awful. It tasted much different than i had remembered after I had reset my pallet.

I try to give people I know a different perspective on Soda. To me, soda is not a beverage, Its liquid candy.
Why do parents allow their kids to drink liquid candy as an adequate beverage?

My parents said when they where kids that Soda pop was a once and a while treat and all the kids in the family had to share one can.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join