It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rise of Latino population blurs US racial lines

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Originally posted by Night Star
Would there be that signiicant an amount of latinos if there wern't millions of illegal ones?

Would White people be the majority if they didn't come over bring their diseases, ravage and commit genocide on Native Americans?

None of us alive today have anything to do with that. I have Native American ancestors who were almost completely wiped out by another tribe, not the white people.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack

Would there be that signiicant an amount of latinos if there wern't millions of illegal ones?
Your bigotry is showing. There's a difference between Latinos and Hispanics.

Illegals come in all colors and cultures. What we have had over the years is an influx of illegal spanish speaking people. So many in fact that we have had to cater to 'their language'. In many places around the USA, it is now required that we speak spanish in order to get hired for something as simple as a factory job. Legal immigrants learn and speak the language of their new country.

Sorry if I get Latinos and hispanics etc mixed up.

Lately all we hear about is what the Latinos want, what the Latinos need, what the Latinos demand... What ever happened to what Americans want and need and demand? We come in all colors and cultures here.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

You still don't get it. Puerto Ricans are Latino, and Puerto Rico is U.S. territory. Get it now?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

Who else is considered Latino? Sorry, I'm learning.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Hey, I apologize if I came off like a jerk. I thought you knew the difference. I'm sorry about that.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I personally feel that all of this affirmative action stuff should just be done away with. Things should be based on qualifications not just because somebody is a minority.

There's no need.
It's utterly useless anyway.

Why do you think Black unemployment is twice that of White?
It's been double the number of their White counterparts since 1972!

The number for Black males and youth were even worse by comparison.

If affirmative action was ensuring jobs for even the unqualified Black Americans, there wouldn't be so many without one by contrast to their White counterparts.

What exactly has affirmative action done really other than give people something to talk about?

- Lee

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack

Hey, I apologize if I came off like a jerk. I thought you knew the difference. I'm sorry about that.

No problem.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Reply to post by Night Star

This isn't about race it is about culture, which often gets conflated with race. Civilizations die when they fail to produce a distinct culture. With no common heritage, cause, and symbolism to rally around the incentive to raise armies, be loyal to governments, or participate goes to null. We overlook that the Soviet Union and Rome fractured (it was easier to conquer a divided Rome) along the various new cultural lines.

So, the big question is are these Hispanic embracing Americanism (I can already here the liberals booing this) or are they brining their own culture to replace Americanism?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267

Originally posted by ANOK
reply to post by Phoenix267

There is no justification for any of it, two, or many, wrongs don't make a right. This thread happens to be about the US, and the racial "blurring". No article to read, so I made a point based on what the OP claimed. Don't like it, don't read it.

Oh anther point, there is no race, we are all the same race. The dividing of "races" also came from colonisation and imperialism. Can't indiscriminately uproot, and outright kill people off, steel their land, without first making them appear subhuman, don't you know?

I edit and inserted the article. But you're going on a pointless rant about imperialism of different people. This thread is about the future diversity of America and how it will effect all of us in different ways. Relax and enjoy a glass of water.

Thanks for the clarification.
Thoughts:
What I hope for is that as the shift is more visible, the latino grows positively, in a contributive way. Yea? Im really hoping that more of us will pick our selves up. Quit holding each other back, sitting in prisons and #. I need to see more architects, doctors, teachers and engineers, stuff like that. What I don't need to see is more violent bull#, bad attitudes and criminal behavior. Thats all I can really hope for.

We dont need more negative. Not from anyone, its nothing to be proud of.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join