It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Irish and Real Scots....you are tricking yourselves....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I have to take a moment here and set a few things straight. My origins are Scott-Irish. Seeing how it is St. Patricks day, I felt it was a good time to set the record straight.

My mothers side were the McClures….well that is a funny name, there are a ton of us…but.…it is not what it seems. The McClure we know today come from a long line….
It was once known as the MacClure….which is Scottish/Irish…before that, it was known as MacCleod…..yeah, that is right….the Highlanders…..suck it…the truth is painful. The family name comes from a Viking incursion around 700 a.d….It comes from a Viking chief…Leod….he had two sons….they were called Macleod….which means “son of Leod”….Leod is pronounced “loud’ for the stupid that don’t get it….so now you know….

My fathers family….up to now assumed to be Irish…is Stephens….is not purely Irish.

My fathers family were the rustler…the attackers, the fighters. They did everything they could to shine the truth. The Stephens actually had a family member that fought as a captain for William the Conqueror in the battle of Hastings in 1066…we have been around for a very long time….we will not go quietly into the night.

If it is time to stand…we will stand. I am a Libertarian…I believe true freedom is the only answer to our problems…but I am here…I will fight. My family history demands that I do not now lie down… we stand…even if you do nothing else…just “stand”…..I know many that will seek to tear down the foundations of freedom…but we must not let them….they think they are doing good but bring evil inside a handbasket…..

We must stand for what is right…..those that do not understand are free to leave….there is a big world for them to land on…..

edit on Sun Mar 17 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Scot not Scott in title

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It's Scot.

Scott is someones' name.

Carry on.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
my ancestors are irish and i am scots through and through, i want to know, what is your point here?
also. your spelling is way off, we are Scots and not Scotts as you put it
edit on 17-3-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Given that my surname is related to the MacLeods, it's fair to say that we have some common ancestry.

...God help me.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWrightWing

Correct....it is scot....

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
A quick question (or 2) what is freedom and where does its boundaries lie?

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1
my ancestors are irish and i am scots through and through, i want to know, what is your point here?
also. your spelling is way off, we are Scots and not Scotts as you put it

My point?....that we...as a people that have overcome so many things...do not need to lie down now. We have a serious political problem staring us in the face and we have chosen to do nothing...this is not the way of the Scots....we are generally much more vocal and loud....we generally stand for something.

Go ahead....bash me...tear me up and generally distract from what I am trying to say.....that is of course the usual weapon.....I am trying to say...if you look at our family history...both sides for me.....we generally do not fall for the crap we seem to be falling for.....

for the love of freedom....to embrace why both sides of my family made it here....stop....do not yield. We are bigger than thin this.

Be free.....live free.....share the idea with everyone around you.

I will now have to suffer a ton of lip from the haters....those that do not want to see freedom. I can let it go. I will not argue with stupidity....ever. I am sure there will be tons of hate but do not let that stop us...be free my friends....be free until they clamp the bracelets of society on you...just be free for here and now....

I am not going to argue over family history....

I am not going to argue over what geneology has shown me...want more info?...spend the cash.....I did...now it's your turn....don't like what is said?...too damn bad...spend some cash.....

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Someone has been at the whiskey/whisky today.

I'm unsure of what record the OP is setting straight?
And how are we tricking ourselves?
Will we see the OP covered in woad galloping across our tv screens swinging his claymore?
Anyway well done OP, for the battle of Hastings et al.

They may take our posting priviledges,
But they'll never,
Take
our........

Freeeeeeeedoooooooooom!

'guess what movie has just started on tv right now?'
edit on 17-3-2013 by HumansEh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
i agree with you and you wont get any bashing as you put it from me anyway. think most of us scots have an irish connection if they look it up. only the other week my brother found my great great grandfather and grandmother were born in northern ireland and came over to settle in scotland only 5 miles from where i live now.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
We have a serious political problem staring us in the face and we have chosen to do nothing...

Which serious political problem?

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

reply to post by HumansEh

Thanks for bringing n the Gov voice....evem if you don't know it...you have ust done it....proves a great point....FREEDOM is a mindset that most trolls do not understand...and you just proved it....

Yup that's me,
I'm the government alright

You do know that Scotland is part of the UK still?
It is seeking devolution at the moment.
But it is still not 'free'.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Part Irish, mostly Scottish, 100% Celtic.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I have to take a moment here and set a few things straight. My origins are Scott-Irish. Seeing how it is St. Patricks day, I felt it was a good time to set the record straight.

My mothers side were the McClures….well that is a funny name, there are a ton of us…but.…it is not what it seems. The McClure we know today come from a long line….
It was once known as the MacClure….which is Scottish/Irish…before that, it was known as MacCleod…..yeah, that is right….the Highlanders…..suck it…the truth is painful. The family name comes from a Viking incursion around 700 a.d….It comes from a Viking chief…Leod….he had two sons….they were called Macleod….which means “son of Leod”….Leod is pronounced “loud’ for the stupid that don’t get it….so now you know….

My fathers family….up to now assumed to be Irish…is Stephens….is not purely Irish.

My fathers family were the rustler…the attackers, the fighters. They did everything they could to shine the truth. The Stephens actually had a family member that fought as a captain for William the Conqueror in the battle of Hastings in 1066…we have been around for a very long time….we will not go quietly into the night.

If it is time to stand…we will stand. I am a Libertarian…I believe true freedom is the only answer to our problems…but I am here…I will fight. My family history demands that I do not now lie down… we stand…even if you do nothing else…just “stand”…..I know many that will seek to tear down the foundations of freedom…but we must not let them….they think they are doing good but bring evil inside a handbasket…..

We must stand for what is right…..those that do not understand are free to leave….there is a big world for them to land on…..

The majority of Scots are 1. Protestant. 2. Monarchist.

However if its Rome you want to fight count me in after all it is Roman invaders were have been fighting off since the days of Calgacus
edit on 17-3-2013 by newpopeislast because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I have no idea.

Pog mo thoine...

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I digress....I am not going to fight with anyone today....this is my ancestors day.....we made a difference....else there would not be a St. Patrick's day If you look back across history and who wrote what bills...you will find it was the Irish and the Scots who tried to make a better world...but most of you will not even bother to look....

I am not going to argue,,,I am not going to try to deal with each and every hater that steps up....you hate and that is why we have a broken system...haters...just like you.

I am proud to be Irish...I am proud to be of both Irish and Scottish descent....if you do not "get it"....you never will.

If you want to respond as a fellow Irish/Scotsman....please do...if your purpose is to unravel that which cannot be broken....go for it. I will not see or hear you.
edit on 3/17/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I am not going to fight with anyone today....this is my ancestors day.....we made a difference....else there would not be a St. Patrick's day If you look back across history and who wrote what bills...you will find it was the Irish and the Scots who tried to make a better world...but most of you will not even bother to look....

If you want to respond as a fellow Irish/Scotsman....please do...if your purpose is to unravel that which cannot be broken....go for it. I will not see or hear you.

I just wanted to know what you were objecting to. Your OP didn't make it clear.

You are absolutely correct that the Irish and Scots were greatly over represented when founding the great US nation.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Oh, give me a break. In one sentence you brag how your ancestor was a Captain for William the Conqueror and the next you're going on about "freedom." I'll tell you what: William the Conqueror was the antithesis to "freedom." He conquered an unwilling people, starved and burned them off their lands so he could have private hunting reserves, and taxed the hell out of people who were unfortunately left alive. Remember the "Domesday Book"? It's an inventory of all English property that he took after arriving. By any measure you care to take, he was a guy you "freedom-loving" people ought to be fighting against.

And even if you are related, so what? Most of us are. My ancestor was a Montague, who was a general in William's army, outranked your captain ancestor by far. If you go back 1,000 years, say to 1066, you have about a trillion ancestors (2 to the 40th power figuring 4 generations a century) Obviously there weren't that many people back then. (Only 110 billion people have ever lived and the population in 1000 AD was between 250 and 350 million) so that makes us all cousins several times over. The idea of "freedom" and "nationalistic fervor" in the same sentence is just a contradiction in terms.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join