It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks To Anonymous: GUILTY VERDICT in Steubenville Rape Case

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

Which is why, in my opinion, rehab is a much better choice than prison. I'm allowed to express my opinion, just as you and everyone else is, as long as it is in compliance with the T & C's on ATS.

I in no way "support" those involved in the crime and did not, in any way-shape-or-form, show them any sort of support or compassion. In fact, I went to one of the Occupy Steubenville rallies, to show my support for the victim and her family. Additionally, I never SAID they were "pedophiles" or that they committed acts of pedophilia, I stated that I doubt any of them are "that type of sex offender" which, in turn, supports my opinion on rehab versus a prison sentence. In other words, I feel that they will get a lot more out of a rehabilitation program (designed for those who have committed sex crimes) than a lengthy prison sentence and the judge that sentenced them does as well.

Next time you want to bash someone's comment, make sure you are comprehending what was written before you try and pick something apart. Otherwise you'll fail, miserably.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2

Originally posted by lovebeck
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Rehab is just what they need. While I do not know them personally, I doubt they are what you would call serious/pedophile type sex offenders. Rather they're young men who cannot handle their liquor, have always been told "yes, son", and were so flamboyant in their total disregard for this girls welfare and safety that they'll always be known for "this" first, every thing else after; for the rest of their lives.

edit on 18-3-2013 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

They ARE the serious type sex offenders. I disagree liquor was a major factor. It was planned BEFORE the party, the were sober enough to know how to drive and work a camera, and they violated her by posted it after they sobered up.

What case are you even talking about? Have you read/researched any of the reputable pieces that have been written? All the parties that these kids attended that night were alcohol fueled. That's what the majority of high school kids do at parties, they get completely s*it faced wasted. They binge drink mixing hard liquor and beer after beer after beer. The victim was not force fed alcohol, there has been absolutely no evidence presented to suggest she was drugged, either. She is a 16 year old girl who apparently has very little tolerance for consuming that much alcohol, especially mixing shots of liquor, vodka "slushies" and beer. Just for the record, it has been reported that this was not her first time drinking, so she has experienced the effects of alcohol in the past prior to this night. I am NOT condoning what they did to her, not at all, I am just sharing the FACTS about the case.

What exactly are you implying when you state it was "planned" before the party? Where do you get your information that states they were driving? In the NY Times article (published in December, 2012) they clearly state that when one of the videos were taken (that was deleted by the boy who filmed it) he was in the BACK seat with Mays and the victim in a VW Jetta...If Mays was driving, that gives new meaning to the term "back seat driver". And, BTW, you don't have to be SOBER to drive, drunk idiots do it all day, every day.

As far as your comment "and they violated her by posted it after they sobered up", I don't even know what you're trying to say here...Try cleaning up your grammar a bit to make your statement understandable.

Again, I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT NOR DO I REMOTELY, IN ANY WAY, MEAN TO EXCUSE THE ACTS AND CRIMES THAT THESE BOYS COMMITTED ON THE NIGHT IN QUESTION. I do, however, support the judge's sentencing for rehabilitation versus a lengthy prison sentence. Neither one of the perps had a history criminal activity/rape, both were 16 years old at the time the incident took place, and both had character statements written on their behalf by upstanding members of the community. These events unfolded during a night of heavy binge drinking by all involved. You mix immature teenagers (16 year old brains are not "adult" or fully developed brains, btw) alcohol, cell phones, and multiple instigators or "witnesses" you get nothing but trouble.

I would bet that if any of them (the perps and the victim) could go back to the night of August 11, 2012, they'd ALL make different choices. Maybe she wouldn't have drank herself into oblivion, putting her at heightened risk for all types of crime, including rape. Maybe they wouldn't have assaulted, degraded, photographed, or video taped their actions that night.

Also, I feel it necessary to mention that there is ONE person who should get the majority of credit for bringing these guys to justice, and no it's not anyone from Anonymous. The blogger who caught wind of this story, bit by bit, was the one responsible for getting this case prosecuted. Her name is Alexandria Goddard and her blog is called Prinniefied.com. She's the one who blew the cover off this tragedy and her efforts were written about in the NY Times article. Anonymous brought their own style of awareness and organized the Occupy Steubenville rallies, but Ms. Goddard is the one who deserves credit for blowing the lid off this incident.

Links to NY Times article/Goddards blog:
NY Times article about Ms. Goddard & the Steubenville case:

Alexandra Goddard's Prinniefied.com

<< 2  3  4   >>

join