It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks To Anonymous: GUILTY VERDICT in Steubenville Rape Case

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

I live in Texas. I'm a parent of two young girls. Mama bear tends to get a little over heated on such topics. I try to push the more animalistic, brutal thoughts I feel towards those sadistic creeps out of my head, because quite honestly, I realize it puts me on their pathetic level. Most parents have this innate protective sense over all children in general.

Regarding your comment, "had this taken place in Texas they would've been found innocent", oh I think not! A court would never had a chance to deliberate the matter. There was an incident several months ago in south Texas where a man happened to walk into a horrifying situation. His young daughter was being molested by a man! This father swiftly jumped into attack mode and beat that child molester to his justified death! The community stood behind his actions. He not only saved the state of Texas a lot of money, he prevented his daughter from further trauma in the courtroom.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

We have a fundamental difference of opinion and entire worldview about crime and criminals. You're still, with that, thinking of the animals who raped her and what may happen to them. I think, as an opinion, that's either dangerously naive or the sign of a very giving and warm person. I don't know you so I don't know which that may be. My wife is the latter...and it's hurt her in life. Physically and mentally, more than once. Looking for the good..despite all signs that you're dealing with an animal..can make YOU dinner. She's experienced it, altho not like the poor girl they did this to.

So, it's with that as part of my mindset that I say I don't care if they rehabilitate or not. That's not my problem. I hope THE VICTIM rehabilitates and finds a way to really get past this. She was molested, raped and toyed with in a room full of people (in parts) and while totally unable to do a thing about it. That isn't the worst of it, after the crime though. They made a video...which is out there if all the blurred areas I did see are any indication. I feel no need to verify that.

They may as well have kidnapped an unsuspecting soccer mom off the street for the level of raw violation done to this girl.

If they make it out of prison and don't rehab? Well... They'll be back and it'll go worse for them the next time. They're getting off easy this time. If they come out having learned? Well.. Good.. I'm happy for the next victim who won't be, thanks to that.

If they die in prison/jail? So much the better. The world will have two less thieves running around, stealing all my valuable oxygen.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

You're absolutely right that rape doesn't solve rape.
However, these boys have a hard lesson to learn about people, power and violation of personal boundaries. Karma's a B***h, i hope their fellow inmates don't go easy on them. I hope, should anything happen, they're awake for the entire experience of being unable to say no. Some people need some tough love in order to learn basic rules about how to be civil and decent towards others.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

i am none of the things you said i was (i wish i was more kind and giving but am working on it) im just some one who was almost raped in jail after getting arrested for being drunk in public(walking home instead of driving) so im kinda biased in the matter,dont get me wrong im glad the monsters are off the street and in jail(for the pitifully small time it seems they are getting as punishment) i just really and truthfully disdain the double standard of rape being bad outside of prison but that those in prison some how deserve it(kind of how some idiots say girls "deserved what they got" for either getting too drunk or wearing revealing clothing or being in a horrible place at the wrong time) makes me greatly angerd as i think ALL rape is bad and that no human deserves to be raped regardless of what they did.i really hope people did not misconstrue my statements as being supportive of the rapists as that was not my intent just to point out how hypocritical those saying that the girls life got ruined but its ok for these 17 year old(i think thats how old they were right?)kids get raped in jail as being a good thing just because they are criminals, its the same argument idiots use to say that women or men who get raped when they were drunk deserved it and its a false and dangerous view to take

same thing comes up when ever some comedian makes a rape joke every one is outraged and offended....unless they are talking about an inmate in a prison as those jokes (evidently) are deemed hilarious by some(the i hope bubba is your cell mate jokes that are ever so popular)...its the double standard i protest as it just reinforces the belief that in SOME cases rape is apparently justified when it NEVER should be and perhaps addressing that issue will lessen the cases of rape in the world

sorry if this comes off as hostile to you as that was not my intent and in no way wanted to single you out but as i stated for me this is a personal issue so i may be a bit biased on the matter

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by B1rd1nFL1ghT

yeah i apologize for the barb against Texas it was not ment to pick on Texas as a whole but for how (in my opinion) some crimes committed by those who were football players are ignored or pushed aside as the players may or may not be "star football players" and from my limited experience in texas football is 3rd only to god and guns in that state

was commenting in an angrier mood earlier then i normally am when on ats and if i am incorrect as to my perceived football knowledge i would love to be corrected as i try to learn something new every day and if im wrong on the matter id love to be corrected so i don't spread ignorance

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

oh their time will not be fun either way as they most likely will get a few beat downs just due to their crimes(there is a weird code among prisoners even scum has rules some times) the only other option is for them to try to get into adseg (administrative segregation) that will basically put them in solitary/limited population for their sentences for their protection and even then its not guaranteed

now we can just hope that the victim can start the long and hard road to healing and hopefully get over this traumatic event in her life.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Oh, you're not hostile in the least. In fact, I really appreciate that reply. Your added explanation goes miles for understanding. I suppose I should have added a 3rd category in what your experience was for how people would come to think the way you do on this...but honestly, the possibility hadn't even occurred to me as likely enough within this thread and people to mention.

In THAT context.. oo.. Yikes.. Yeah. I need to clarify something real badly. It may mean little to you but then, maybe it will. It means something for me to be clear with, so either way I'll say it. Indicating I wouldn't mind seeing these two become victims of prison rape was VERY specific. I don't see inmate rape as anything the LEAST bit funny. I have no personal experience and only sat in jail once with nothing like that at the time...but I can imagine.

Oh, I can definitely imagine what it would be for someone in your case, in jail for someone totally unrelated to violating and brutalizing another person ...becoming the victim of violent crime while IN jail. That's a horrible thing to even consider and I know it happens FAR too much. Jail ought to be a place of punishment ...not even MORE crime and new victims.

Having said that...I am sorry if I offended you. I don't take back my sentiments on this case, but that doesn't mean I can't feel something for having caused an issue with your feelings here. It's just these two..or ANYONE in jail/prison FOR rape/molesting another person ..whom I would like to see suffer the very same thing they forced another to survive and live with.

edit on 17-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

What a weak punishment.

What sort of pitiful parent pleads for such over their rapist child?

Isn't there a line where you know how badly you've failed your child and that they are a monster?

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Whilst agreeing that to wish the same for the perpetrators just brings one down to the

same level of them

However how will the perpetrators ever understand the pain and humiliation they

have inflicted on their 'victim' and how it will effect her for the rest of her life??

Especially as I believe one of them apparently said they wouldn't mind if it were to happen

to a daughter of theirs!!

No amount of time, prison, counselling. or other soft options will ever make them

know how badly this girl will be effected.....So what ever happens to them... unless they

do receive the same at the hands of others while inside, they will have got away with it!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Our justice system caters to popularity, celebrity status, the powerful and the elite. If these boys were on a losing football team that wasn't backed by the town, these boys would have had a much heavier sentence. Did they actually need to make a deal with the other three boys to get a conviction, since a lot of the evidence was clearly captured on videos and text messaging? I would really like to know if those three boys who were also guilty, didn't come from families who could afford hiring high priced lawyers that got the deal for their boys.

Sometimes I think in cases where there is an over abundance of evidence, they still cater to the criminal more than they do the victim. If I was the parent of this young girl, I would be appalled by the leniency given to these two boys, in addition to the deal made with the other three.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

i have always respected your opinion and still do (as for some reason rabbit avatars seem to be some of my favorite posters)i had just wanted to make sure i did not come off as hostile and angry as i (knowing how i work) woke up in a wrong mood today and wanted to be a bit more cautious as to the tone and what not of my posts and your post its self did not offend me hell while not exactly a fan of violence fixing violence i do not wish these kids a soft and easy time in jail and hope that this conviction greatly complicates their lives in negative fashion.

i do hope that they are not raped in jail as in my opinion every act such as rape does nothing but lessen our humanity as a whole

if i had it my way every convicted rapist would spend the entirety of their life behind bars in solitary confinement and studied 24/7 to find out the causes of rape and how we can prevent it with medical science ending with the full autopsy of the inmate when they die so we can study their brain

because in my opinion i think such acts warrant them being removed from society,as unlike getting drunk in public for example or getting in a simple fight rape(as well as other serious and horrible crimes) has a much longer lasting impact on individuals then MOST but not all other crimes as it is the that the impact of rape does not go away when your attackers are jailed you can often end up living in fear for your entire life of similar situations occurring and often people never recover from the stigma of the traumatic events. hope that makes my point more clear and thank you for your well worded reply

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This is not a federal prison, this is a juvenile detention center.. They will be with other morons their age... The harder the crime, the bigger props you get in the system.. It is not like these jack ass's will not be patting each other on the back in there bragging about their crimes... This was two kids 16-17 having sex with someone their age, IT IS NOT the same as Penn State scandal with a 60 something year old man sodomizing 12 year old boys... This was a bad judgement call made by kids induced under the influence of booze.. There should be punishment but this is nothing like a Jerry Sandusky case..
edit on 17-3-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The sentences are way too short. Justice was not served.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by starfoxxx
This was two kids 16-17 having sex with someone their age, IT IS NOT the same as Penn State scandal with a 60 something year old man sodomizing 12 year old boys... This was a bad judgement call made by kids induced under the influence of booze.. There should be punishment but this is nothing like a Jerry Sandusky case..
edit on 17-3-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

This is every bit as bad and this poor girl was humiliated to boot. Seems people need a big lesson on gender equality in the U.S.

Ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

To me, an eye for an eye is very fair.
If I were to be unfair, I will cut off their dicks and gouge out their eyes too with a teaspoon.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Glad something was done but not enough IMO. I think EVERY person who stood idly by in one fashion or another should have been sentenced with community work. They should have to spend hours working at a shelter, emptying bed bans of victims being treated in the hospital, tour some prisons - anything to wake these pathetically misled and misguided kids up and foster some kind of humanity in them. ....and these two monsters should also have to do the above X10 after their sentence is served. Sickening.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mypan

and then who would gouge out your eyes and remove your penis? i mean its an eye for an eye that means you loose yours too for taking one but some how i dont think you were going for logic and sense by quoting bible scripture....heres one of the few ones i know j"udge not lest ye be judged". hope you never end up being a victim of an eye for an eye thought process but hey if you wanna live like we did thousands of years ago and ignore the progress we have made since the savage days by all means feel free to de-evolve
edit on 17-3-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
It speaks volumes about the US that prison rape is so high profile and common here in America, while relatively rare worldwide. The fact that many outside prison in the US publicly cheer for prisoners to be raped is also very interesting.

There is something very wrong with our entire culture, IMO, and it is frankly no wonder that we have bred little monsters like the boys sentenced in this case.

edit on 17-3-2013 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
This is the NWO

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

to be fair i have not vetted my sources as i am unfaimler with most links im posting(reputation wise)
only thing at a higher rate of rape by population is females and in rare cases some males that enlist in the united states military (i have no information on other nations as i am unsure if they give it out and in no way want to single out just the usa)

listverse.com... not your standard how to "not get raped" advice

www.loompanics.com... graphic language and ingeneral depressing content you have been warned

Prison rape. I can guarantee you that those two words are the first thing that popped into your head when you heard you were on the way to the slammer. There is no way to sugarcoat this issue. You may be raped when you go to prison. I am not trying to scare you. It is a serious, real issue. Here are some facts: It is estimated that there are over 300,000 instances of prison rape a year. 196,000 are estimated to happen to men in prison 123,000 are estimated to happen to men in county jail. 40,000 are estimated to be committed against boys in either adult prisons or while in juvenile facilities or lock ups. 5000 women are estimated to be raped in prison. Remember that these are all estimates. Most rapes are not reported. Sexual attacks in prison are considered rape when penetration occurs. It is estimated that inmates are approached with unwanted sexual advances over 80,000 times per day in the United States alone.
80,000 times a day and thats just the inmates

www.guardian.co.uk... one of the many links covering rape of female and in this articles case 3 males

Susan Burke who is leading the case. These are likely to be future lawsuits. Right now they are anxiously awaiting a court ruling to find out if the lawsuit will go to trial. The defence team for the department of defence has filed a motion to dismiss the case, citing a court ruling, dating back to 1950, which states that the government is not liable for injury sustained by active duty personnel. To date, military personnel have been unable to sue their employer. Whether or not the case goes to trial, it is still set to blow the lid on what has come to be regarded as the American military's dirty little secret. Last year 3,158 sexual crimes were reported within the US military. Of those cases, only 529 reached a court room, and only 104 convictions were made, according to a 2010 report from SAPRO (sexual assault prevention and response office, a division of the department of defence). But these figures are only a fraction of the reality. Sexual assaults are notoriously under-reported. The same report estimated that there were a further 19,000 unreported cases of sexual assault last year. The department of veterans affairs, meanwhile, released an independent study estimating that one in three women had experience of military sexual trauma while on active service. That is double the rate for civilians, which is one in six, according to the US department of justice.
atleast the prison inmates can legaly sue their rapists unlike those service men and women who are raped in the course of their enlistment

so stuff like this is why im against any and all kind of rape irregardless of what people may think that people did to "deserve it" as some sickos have said in the past

www.huffingtonpost.com... one last link for what its worth and some very troubling statistics

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join