It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1919 Jackson, Michigan giant

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
While browsing through an archival newspaper, I happened upon an article (posted below) about a 12 ft. tall mummified giant discovered in a Jackson, Michigan rear yard during an excavation in 1919. I haven't been able to find any follow-up information about this discovery.

Is anyone else familiar with it? Did it turn out to be a hoax? If not, was this yet another giant's body that has mysteriously 'vanished' from public view and access?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GoneGrey

Is there any more information you can offer on this publication? If so, we could look into the credibility of the source. It is possibly a really old tabloid article.

edit: from what I can see, the name of this paper has been changed several times, now known as Windsor star. I can see no references to it being a tabloid paper.
edit on 07/17/2009 by Mumbotron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

It's not that surprising to find that some ubber tall person existed. Just Google "'Real' tall people" and hit images. You'll see that tall people do happen naturally. Their existence is documented. They're not from outer space or half human, half demon, or something.

edit on 16-3-2013 by windword because: Add pic

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Yeah but above 12 feet tall is a little out of the ordinary, wouldn't you say?
line2

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Great find!

I wonder if it was found near some Hopewell Indian mounds?

Sounds like another one of those red-haired giants from some of those 1800s "yellow journalism" articles.
edit on 16-3-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: finished last sentence

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

TextIt began as the weekly Windsor Record in 1888, changing its name to the Border Cities Star in 1918 when it was bought by W. F. Herman, to the Windsor Daily Star in 1935 following the amalgamation of several small communities, and finally to the Windsor Star in 1959.

Couldn't find any other articles relating to this one ( I looked quickly).

link   
reply to post by Mumbotron

The Border Cities Star was a legitimate publication that served as the main newspaper for the communities that eventually amalgamated into the City of Windsor (Ontario, Canada). The proximity to Michigan would have made this discovery newsworthy to the readers.

link   
Looks fake considering the inconsistencies in type / font...

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Must be something about 1919 and Giants. Found another article about one found in Texas during that year.

______beforeitsnews/alternative/2013/02/18ft-tall-giant-human-skeleton-found-by-oil-prospector-in-texas-2566292.html

I'm leaning to my leg being pulled.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by allstarninja

Not sure what you mean by that.

Look up The Border Cities Star in Google News Archive. You can see the date of publication from my posted image. The article is on pg. 16.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Mumbotron

I didn't say that it was "normal." LOL I said it's natural.

Gigantism

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Anyone know why Michigan newspapers aren't in the Library of Congress?
I thought I would just check the Jackson Citizen Patriot for that day...but I didn't see Michigan listed?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

No 12ft people on record though.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Come to think of it, the Adena Indians were the first mound builders in the Ohio Valley and the later Hopewell were associated with the Michigan mounds hundreds of years before the Europeans came

Many giants were found in mounds around the U.S. and tribes in Michigan that were still around during contact with Europeans had a myth about a war with evil giants that inhabited the prairie lands, who were driven out when their tribes came into the area.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Please listen to stone mason Jim Vierra. He accidentally found evidence of ancient giants in America. He seems to me to be an honest man.

video

Interview
edit on 16-3-2013 by 1questioner because: no edit

edit on 16-3-2013 by 1questioner because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoneGrey
While browsing through an archival newspaper, I happened upon an article (posted below) about a 12 ft. tall mummified giant discovered in a Jackson, Michigan rear yard during an excavation in 1919. I haven't been able to find any follow-up information about this discovery.

Is anyone else familiar with it? Did it turn out to be a hoax? If not, was this yet another giant's body that has mysteriously 'vanished' from public view and access?

Take a closer look at the top of the article and the capital "g" in giant .
At the the top of the article you will notice some lines.

And the G is different then the rest of the paper.
It was add to that paper ,like Photoshopped in.

Not to mention it's in the want ads.
edit on 16-3-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Also if you pay attention the ad is smack dab in the middle of the classifieds. Top of the page they are asking for ads. Odd place for find.
edit on 16-3-2013 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Damn. I wanted to believe. Oh well, back to the next one...

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

What Kdog said.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Do a Google Search with
"Border Cities Star", "1921", "Oren Nierman", "Michigan", " Giant" and you get zilch.

As kdog pointed out, it could be a photoshop hoax.
edit on 17/3/13 by coredrill because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join