It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Paedophilia not criminal condition' says Durban cardinal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk

The Catholic Archbishop of Durban, Wilfrid Fox Napier, has described paedophilia as a psychological "illness, not a criminal condition".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
My friends,

I awoke to the sound of BBC Radio 2 news this morning and could not believe my ears. I actually thought I was hearing it wrong and was just sleepy. How wrong was I, I had to check out the BBC website to confirm this horrible statement from a South African Cardinal.

Please see the link for the full info.

This cardinal was one of 115 cardinals that voted the new Pope in.

Ok, we all know [well I do] that the Catholic Church are well into abusing young innocent children but for them to come out in to mainstream media and openly admit it NOT being a crime, well, this confirms it for me that they are now trying to cover there 100's of years of abuse.

Sickening, just sickening.

Be safe be well

Spiro

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
And while I agree that it IS an illness, I will NOT accept it as not being a criminal offence.

Sickening

Spiro

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I can't believe people still support this church..

If there is a victim, then it's a crime. They destroy these kids lives.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me, the filth that spews from some of these "religious" leaders mouths, especially but not limited to that religion. For those of us that are spiritual it seems like a disease of the soul that anyone with half a conscience could speak about children in such a way or try to justify the sick nature or the most horrendous of crimes. Good thing his followers will turn against him and correct the imbalance... oh wait, they probably won't.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Finally a legitimate reason for a drone strike... Sigh!

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiro

Yeah.(sarcasm)

That's why one Catholic priest convicted of abusing children just killed himself in his misery.

The ones that don't wind up miserable are abuse victims who very likely didn't use force or intimidation and repented fully abandoning the behavior.

God withdraws His spirit from molesters and internet sex offenders unless they repent COMPLETELY, and they wind up miserable and kill themselves or kill other people then themselves.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
It may well be a 'sickness' but we still put people in prison for the 'sickness' of being so mentally unstable that they are dangerous to others.........and we never allow them out again.
It appears that pedophilia should fit in the same catergory if it is a sickness of life in prison meaning life in prison then.
edit on 16-3-2013 by Elliot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
That's just sick. Anyone found guilty of molesting children or even worse murdering them should be immediately sterilised so that they never have the capability to have children of their own. They should also be put in prison and not released until they are in their old age when they are less likely to be of a threat to anyone. And on release from prison they should be placed in "sheltered" accomodation, in other words a place where they can be monitored. And all pedos should be kept on a sex offenders register. One pedo recently went to court recently and managed to get himself off it arguing it infrindged his Human Rights. I'm sorry but the pedo ruined the human rights of his/her victim(s) so they should not have any rights of their own! Same for murderers too. I am sick and tired of those happy clappy brigade who harp on about their rights but dont think for a moment about the rights of the victims involved.

Jimmy Saville got away with it. I do hope he is burning in Hell right now. I know of someone who was abused by this vile disgusting man. I think any child of my generation who watched Jim'll Fix It will also feel "used" when the story broke. We loved the show and dreamt of getting a badge. And it was like a blow to the stomach to be told he was a pedo. So sick.

We must not let anyone else or indeed any organisation get away with this insideous CRIME. Anyone who thinks it is not a crime needs their head examining.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

"Now don't tell me that those people are criminally responsible like somebody who chooses to do something like that. I don't think you can really take the position and say that person deserves to be punished."

...What? How is this guy serious? Pedophiles who prey upon children are not responsible for their actions and don't deserve to be punished?
I understand talking about the psychological condition of being a pedophile, but the above is nothing short of an excuse to try to take the weight off of the actions of those who harm children. He's literally attempting to make pedophilia excusable.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I honestly can't believe people of their religion can even respect their church when it's filled with people like this. How they have any followers/supporters is baffling unless they too secretly think it's no big deal.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
This is sad.

What I wonder is, why is it governments are not prosecuting offending priests?
Do they have some kind of magical church immunity that goes along with tax exempt status?

If the church is harboring criminals, seize the criminals, put them on trial, and prosecute those directly responsible for knowingly harboring the criminals.

Strike any and all 'sanctuary' laws. Just run up in the churches, drag the perverts out of their lairs even if they're in the middle of saying mass, throw them in holding cells without bond, and send them to court like any other criminal.

Any government not seeking out, jailing, and prosecuting these loathsome creatures is just as responsible for their inaction as those protecting them.

edit on 16-3-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
My friends,

If I am reading this right, which I believe I am, then what he is saying is that EVERY priest, monk et al who have been abusing children should then be sent to a psychologist to get there heads examined.

Yea right, like that is going to happen

They need more than their heads examined....

Sickening

Be safe be well, love and loved... [you wont hear the catholic church using that quote]

Spiro

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

They actually must believe that the masses are so stupid we all just believe what ever they say goes ? When an adult has perversely defiled himself to the point he ruins a young child's life.

IT'S MURDER !

The child can still be breathing and yet be just as dead. Pedophiles are murderers period.

And I think it's time they got treated that way. No better example of something that should be dragged behind a car.

SnF OP
edit on 16-3-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

There appears to be growing 'lenience' amongst TPTB for this crime. Why?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

That's what progressive new age priests say.......why Benedict was seen as an enemy for being traditional and serious about his purpose.

It is also why they chose as progressive and modern a Pope as possible. You think that Jesuit heathen will clean up the church? You think he isn't himself rotten with questionable acts?

Keep pushing for the church to abandon its traditions and values to reflect new age BS humanism. This is what you get.

I wish Benedict would have just arranged to have them assassinated if they gotten uppity.

He had the right direction but not the resolve to face wicked men. He capitulated and lowered his head in fear.

Me? I would have gone to war to save the church.

Give no aid and comfort to wicked men.

edit on 16-3-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Pedophiles are murderers period.

It's this broad-spectrum thinking that confuses people.

Unless I'm missing something, all the cardinal said was that pedophilia is an illness. He did not specify what magnitude he was talking about. Not even single pedophile on the planet is active. There are those in their 60s, 70s, even 80s who have dealt with pedophilia all their life and not once engaged on any of their impulses or ideas. They have lived healthy, normal lives, with families and friends like everybody else. Pedophiles who can control their disease are not criminals. It is those whose desire is to the point they can't control themselves that need professional help. Those who act on their desires either did not receive enough help or are too immoral to care; both of these cases should result in either solitary confinement or jail time. If they are incurable, they shouldn't be let near children, period.

Taken from Wikipedia:

In popular usage, pedophilia means any sexual interest in children or the act of child sexual abuse...

Source

The uncontrollable subconscious sexual interest in children is not a crime.
The controllable conscious act of child sexual abuse is a crime.
edit on 3/16/2013 by SonicInfinity because: Fixed Capitalization

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Sadly, This does not surprise me at all.

Pedophilia not a crime? the judicial system says it is. But it's understandable why some of these Catholics have no idea, they base their morals around archaic text from a time long gone.

People like these have their heads buried so far into their scriptures and beliefs that they've lost all touch with the modern world.

Pedophilia is immoral, criminal and an illness. And if it indeed is an illness, there are a lot of disturbed people in the Catholic church, since hundreds of priests are guilty of this crime. They somehow manage to give a helping hand to protect themselves, and with the other hand they wag their finger in gay folks faces, because it's 'wrong'.

"And for today's sermon, we'll be reading from the book of hypocrites..."

edit on 16-3-2013 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

those in their 60s, 70s, even 80s who have dealt with pedophilia all their life and not once engaged on any of their impulses or ideas

i believe you are missing just a little something.

Obviously, a person who does not act on the weird perverted urges, going on in their totally screwed up mind can't be a murderer. So it's a sickness ! A disease that renders them for the most part, a totally worthless piece of crap, who must seek protection and shelter in some kind of convent, because he can't possibly ever provide it for himself. Lucky for them, there are places like the Catholic church that are sympathetic to the plight of these poor sick bastards. So are we supposed to feel sorry for them ? Which ones do we feel sorry for ?

The ones who fought off their urges, or the ones who didn't. ? Call me heartless, but I don't feel anything for 'em at all. If they have enough love in their heart not to hurt a child, why do I even have to know their a pedophile ?
But if their own selfishness, means more to them to the point, they ruin a child forever? That's when I will become heartless.
edit on 16-3-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
It seems like almost all, if not everyone responding to this thread seem to have a very strange and scary look on law.

Why should Pedophilia be a crime?
I don't think people have much control of what will turn them on, be it homophilia, pedophilia, zoophilia or anything else weird that may or may not be seen as an illness. A crime it is not, unless you live in a country that has serious issues with the set laws.

In a normal country, rape and molesting are crimes, not feelings, fantasies nor the "will" to do something.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join