It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA's Wayne LaPierre lets it rip at CPAC... and says what so many of us have been thinking

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Why does an equalizer need to be lethal? Can't you use pepper spray? A stun gun? A baton? A baseball bat? Why always go first for the thing that's most likely to kill someone and can easily kill innocent bystanders?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
reply to post by randyvs

Why does an equalizer need to be lethal? Can't you use pepper spray? A stun gun? A baton? A baseball bat? Why always go first for the thing that's most likely to kill someone and can easily kill innocent bystanders?

Because none of those alternatives you mentioned are equalizers to a firearm. How would you like to join a war-zone armed with pepper spray, and everyone else has machine guns?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

Blah blah, I'm right and you know it. You can't handle it, so you're gonna keep dodging every time I own you. YOU ARE OWNED.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

reply to post by bl4ke360

Blah blah, I'm right and you know it. You can't handle it, so you're gonna keep dodging every time I own you. YOU ARE OWNED.

You're right because you linked me to fake youtube videos that don't represent reality in any way? Yeah that makes sense. With every post you make it that much more obvious you're just a troll in need of attention. I could have realized that just going by your username.
edit on 3/16/2013 by bl4ke360 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

reply to post by randyvs

I could perfectly well. Doesn't mean I should have to, want to, or would even consider it. As the rules of engagement in my book go, you don't point a firearm at anyone and not use it. So if you point one at me and don't use it ? Well then you should be ready to die also, because that's what's gonna happen. I also know a lot of black belts that wouldn't last 10 seconds of the first round against me. So I understand where you're coming from. But those quaint lil moves he's using. Aren't even common place and the opportunity to use any of them, may just as well have zero chance of ever presenting itself.

Just the fact that you're so sure you're right, makes you the most wrong person I've ever seen on ATS.

Any know if there's some kind firearm phobia go'in around and what would be the clinical terminology ?

edit on 16-3-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Actually your points are pretty null.

Non lethal weapons are a gamble, and resistance can and is developed by hardened criminals.

Because guess what? Police use all those things, so do you think it's going to be a shock when someone pulls one out on them?

Nope. But a gun will. Unless you're superman, there's no resistance to be built up against a gun.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

Wayne is correct. These new proposals have nothing to do with reducing violent crime and gun related deaths. There's plenty of empirical evidence that shows what really works and what doesn't. We have guns laws now that the Statists refuse to prosecute and enforce.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Irony, a group a people who claim to be awake being lead around by the nose of a company thats sole reason for existance is to get you to buy guns. Guns owners should have a legit representative not a corporate shill for the gun industry. The NRA is everything that is wrong with America, they buy off politicians, lie and sell fear all in the name of making money.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

The NRA is made up of millions of members just like me. Average citizens. And their purpose for existence is to protect the 2nd Amendment.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Meh. If somebody makes bank while fighting for individual liberty then good for them.

I hope the ACLU, should they ever really fight for individual liberty, makes bank too. Same with NARAL and NORML and any other group fighting for individual liberty.

The NRA got beat over the head when they caved in the 90's to these gun-grabbing groups losing tens of millions of dollars and millions of members.

Let anyone who stands for individual liberties make crazy bank. It's a good thing.

It'd be nice if all these specialized groups could get their heads out of their asses and fight for everyone's liberty across the board. They cant simply mandate people give them money like the government does. They have to earn it.

As a side note the ACLU is making good this week putting the pressure on the militarization of police. Now if only they'd come out swinging for mine and yours' gun rights as well.
edit on 16-3-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by MrSpad

The NRA is made up of millions of members just like me. Average citizens. And their purpose for existence is to protect the 2nd Amendment.

The NRA's original goal (when it was first formed in 1871) was gun safety. Now, the goal is solely to make money, as a lobby group for the gun industry.

The NRA was founded in 1871 by two Yankee Civil War veterans, including an ex-New York Times reporter, who felt that war dragged on because more urban northerners could not shoot as well as rural southerners. It’s motto and focus until 1977 was not fighting for constitutional rights to own and use guns, but “Firearms Safety Education, Marksmanship Training, Shooting for Recreation,” which was displayed in its national headquarters.

www.salon.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Sounds like a man afraid
of less gun sales.

He doesn't give a crap about your liberties.
All these moves are straight out
of the big tobacco play book when they were,
"under attack ".

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

Fear works. We let ourselves be ruled by it every day. Dont think the PTB dont know it. Both sides go right to fear in the fight over guns.... Because it works

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
Sounds like a man afraid
of less gun sales.

He doesn't give a crap about your liberties.
All these moves are straight out
of the big tobacco play book when they were,
"under attack ".

I still dont get why it matters.

I dont give a crap about my job or the people I serve but if I do it I get paid. If I do it well I get paid better.

Wayne can be a tyrannical satanist who secretly dates Feinstein for all I care as long as I see the results I like.

BTW, the NSSF is the organization that represents the companies and trade groups.

All the NRA has to do is exist. The politicians with their ridiculous bills are doing all the fundraising for them.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

ALL within arms reach. ALL stuck straight out, conveniently in an easy position to grab. When they set these demos up, it's all choreographed to make it look easy.
Try that on a person 5 ft away, with the gun pointed from the hip. This ain't the movies.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Any know if there's some kind firearm phobia go'in around and what would be the clinical terminology ?
reply to post by randyvs

It's called ' I'mabadassninjaaslongasI'minmybasement " syndrome.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64

reply to post by randyvs

It's called ' I'mabadassninjaaslongasI'minmybasement " syndrome.

Your very close but its actually called "Pussification" when their generation gets old enough to play man sports they'll be picking daisies on the football field and watching butterflies fly around, "Coach look I found a flower for you".
edit on 16/3/13 by Aliensdoexist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
I'd rather be an elitist than a lunatic asshat like Pierre and the reset of the NRA. The NRA are terrorists as far as I'm concerned.I can't believe anyone pays any attention to CPAC anymore, it's a bunch of ultra right wing psychotic morons.

Great addition. Asshat? Where is the psychotic episodes to which you refer? Fear????

Every day, there are 1000's of violent crimes. They are not all done with guns. However, almost every time, if the one attacked is armed it ends with them alive.So you think banning guns will stop violent crime?

Pot is illegal. You can go to your local high school and get it...
Cocaine is illegal. You can go to your local corner and find it
Rape, Murder and Robbery are illegal. You can find it anywhere.
Those are banned and still happen. Take arms from regular citizens and these rates will soar.

The day the government is allowed to tell you 'what weapons' you can own and which you cannot is the first step to disarming a nation. A foot in the door. Precedence. That asshat is trying to promote a culture that would protect you. All of the 'left wing nut job granola munchers' would be the first robbed, raped and killed with their thinking. Passive slaves who would sell someone out to feel they were helping only to have their throat slit be a friend. This is the real world not Leave it to Beaver anymore.

I will never understand how someone can think they can reason with someone who is crazy, or a criminal. They came there to do one thing not find salvation.

It creates chaos. It then allows the government to come in and rescue us with those purchased tanks and weapons. We as a whole as a country are then indebted to the ones who 'saved' us from their created situation. Do I need to name the other countries this has happened too?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad The NRA is everything that is wrong with America, they buy off politicians, lie and sell fear all in the name of making money.

Replace NRA with Unions and say that sentence out loud a couple times.

Funny huh?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

The NRA isn't forcing anyone to buy guns, or even trying to convince people they should buy guns, they are trying to protect the people's right to own guns. That is the difference between the two sides in this debate. One side says, "I dont' agree with you, but I support your right to bear arms as per the 2nd Amendment." The other side says, "I don't like guns, so I don't want you to have one." Of course, "you" does not include themselves or their own hired goons.

If someone decides they only need fists, batons, and pepper spray to protect themselves, then that is their choice. They do not have the right to make that choice for others.

The anti-Constitutionalists would look less hypocritical if they first disarm themselves, their bodyguards, and law enforcement. If owning guns is so wrong, why do they need them?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join