It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lil Wayne being read last rites, too much Purple Drank?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Rapper Lil Wayne has been hospitalized and is in critical condition at Cedars-Sinai Hospital in L.A.

We're told Wayne is currently "unstable," and has been placed in an induced coma. He is breathing through tubes.

The reason I think this is news worthy is because of this statement;

Sources say there's evidence Wayne went on a Sizzurp binge after being released Wednesday, because doctors found high amounts of codeine in his system.

www.tmz.com...

[snipped]

Here in New Orleans I've heard the kids call it Purple Drank and it is becoming very popular in the Hip-Hop community. So far I have not thought much about it because I haven't heard of anyone getting seriously sick from drinking it but apparently it can kill you.
As you can imagine Lil Wayne is very popular in New Orleans so I hope his experience will be a lesson for the young people who drink this stuff.

For the record I've never been a fan of Lil Wayne but I certainly hope this young man does not die from this poisonous concoction.

edit on 15-3-2013 by tanda7 because: spacing

edit on 15-3-2013 by tanda7 because: recipe removed

edit on Sat Mar 16 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Just to clarify...

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Might want to remove the ingredients to "purple drank". I think there's something in the T&C about that.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PutAQuarterIn
Might want to remove the ingredients to "purple drank". I think there's something in the T&C about that.

It's not actually illegal, but you may be right. I removed the recipe but left the link, mods, do as you see fit.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Cant say Im surprised...

Or sad.

The world is probably better off, TBH.

edit on 3/15/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

They must have changed the wording at TMZ since you posted this. I couldn't find anything about last rites.

Here we have, another young rich rapper, making bad choices, setting bad examples....

All I can do, is wish him well. In hopes, that if he does recover, he'll have the sense to educate his young followers, to not do what he has done.

Des

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Ahhh....Maybe he is being killed so he can never be questioned about his knowledge of the Aurora movie theater killings

edit on 15-3-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

It was in the constantly changing updates. I still had the window up;

5:16 PM PT -- We're told Wayne is being given his last rites ... with his family surrounding him to say their goodbyes.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

Thanks...I totally didn't see that. I guess he's in much worse condition than I preciously had thought.

Des

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
That is sad.
You know whether it's Heroine or Vicodin
Sherlock Holmes' opium or Mr Limbaughs' Oxycotin.
They are ll essentially the same drug and same high.
And extraordinarily addictive.

This time;
Instead of the drug being swallowed, shot, snorted, or smoked,
it's a drink.

link   

Too soon?

+3 more 
link   

Originally posted by tanda7
reply to post by Destinyone

It was in the constantly changing updates. I still had the window up;

5:16 PM PT -- We're told Wayne is being given his last rites ... with his family surrounding him to say their goodbyes.

No tears here.

Goodbye you filthy degenerate, you won't be missed.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
Ahhh....Maybe he is being killed so he can never be questioned about his knowledge of the Aurora movie theater killings

Or, just throwing this out there... he is "being killed" because he ODed on opiates.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by tanda7

All I can do, is wish him well. In hopes, that if he does recover, he'll have the sense to educate his young followers, to not do what he has done.

Des

I hope so too, but before he does that we have to hope he learned for himself. Some people don't learn their lessons even on the brink of death.

OP- I'm actually glad I caught it. Saved me a trip to Google. Just wanted to save a possible mod warning, they tend to see that as informing people who might wanna try it. I'd hope no one would read a cautionary tale and see a personal challenge, unfortunately there are many of those types on this planet.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I read he was released from the hospital on Wednesday and had to have his stomached pumped 3 times that time. That was only 2 days ago. Safe to say, he didnt learn his lesson.....

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus

Originally posted by thesmokingman

Or, just throwing this out there... he is "being killed" because he ODed on opiates.

Perhaps.....Perhaps thats what they want people to think.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
If I can find out how to post images, I already took a few screen shots...not because I particularly care for Lil Wayne, but because I found this too. It's a couple of days off, but this was a prediction for his death:

en.necropedia.org...

It's an anticipated obituary, set for March 17, 2013.

I'll get to posting those pics where it says on TMZ that they were reading his last rites.

(BTW, when I say anticipated, it's just a fictional obit. I don't truly think someone predicted his death...it's just interesting)
edit on 15-3-2013 by Britster1821 because: Added BTW...

edit on 15-3-2013 by Britster1821 because: To add picture. Learning new things daily.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Nobody loved Lil Wayne more I did when I was younger! I still know all the words to his first 10 albums, but I slowly started waking up, and realizing what the symbols in his videos, Rihannas, Drakes, Jay-z's and Beyonces, Ke$ha, etc meant...take a look at Chris Browns clothing line... and on his clothing meant...I miss listening to his music, it used to not be "THAT" bad when I was younger, had no idea what the Illuminati was or what Satanic Messages were...either way, its sad and I hate to see someone so young be sick. Someone with seizures normally has to stay on meds, take care of their body and not overdue it, but the life of a mega super star doesnt warrant any of that.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Too bad, looks like it's pulling through.

Billboard

Wayne is alive and well! We watching the Syracuse game...thanks for the prayers and concern..he will update you all soon. #love

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Darwin Award Contender.

The Darwin Awards are a tongue-in-cheek honor, originating in Usenet newsgroup discussions circa 1985. They recognize individuals who have contributed to human evolution by self-selecting themselves out of the gene pool via death or sterilization due to their own (unnecessarily foolish) actions.

Warning - Do Not Drink!!!

Darwin Awards

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yngvarr
No tears here.

Goodbye you filthy degenerate, you won't be missed.

Can't say this wasn't my first thought when I saw this thread based on what I know of him and what I've seen - but then again I didn't know him and might have a different opinion if I did (and I stress the word 'might'). Anyhow, c'est la vie..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join