It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'How Americans Live Today': Fake North Korean Propaganda Video Punks The Internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

An English-dubbed version of an apparent North Korean propaganda video that went viral online this week turned out to be a big joke.

The video, titled "How Americans Live Today," features an English voiceover purportedly translating the original Korean narration. The phony translation describes hyperbolic scenes of Americans being forced to live in tents and eating melted snow in order to survive.

The man behind the farce? British travel writer Alun Hill, who doesn't speak a word of Korean.

Hill told The Huffington Post over the phone Wednesday that he received the original video from North Korea's official Korean Central News Agency, which said it depicts the failure of European democracy.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I found this quite funny as I have seen a few people eager to accept this video as NK propaganda.

However, I guess I now have to stop eating birds on Tuesdays..

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Catalyst317

ROFLMAO. Yes, I love to wake up every morning for my fresh cup of hot snow and birds.

This is the most hilarious political HOAX I have ever seen.

edit on 15-3-2013 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

ROFLMAO. Yes, I love to wake up every morning for my fresh cup of hot snow and birds.

This is the most hilarious political HOAX I have ever seen.

edit on 15-3-2013 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

I always wondered why he said "hot snow" instead of "hot water.

I have to agree, this is an amazing HOAX... not the video itself, but the fact that so many people jumped on it as real. I guess the MSM's brainwashing is more rampant than we realized.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Canada's new #1 export to the US is....SNOW!!

I am going to be rich. Please form an orderly line.

edit on 15-3-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
Canada's new #1 export to the US is....SNOW!!

I am going to be rich. Please form an orderly line.

edit on 15-3-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

What is your bird/snow exchange rate? I would trade a house, but they blow down easily and I do not want to start an international war.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

What is your bird/snow exchange rate? I would trade a house, but they blow down easily and I do not want to start an international war.

2.45 American Eagles/lbs

Snow can also be used as building material to replace your damaged homes
Snow prices just skyrocketed upon acknowledgement of this...

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
LMAO, get your own Eagles... I want to eat mine! I can always sleep in a bus station after I wake up on heroin. LOL

Seriously, this is amazing that so many people bashed NK solely for this vid and made so many comments on it when it was posted, but have yet to say a word about it now that it has been debunked... Deny Ignorance huh?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lothran
LMAO, get your own Eagles... I want to eat mine! I can always sleep in a bus station after I wake up on heroin. LOL

Seriously, this is amazing that so many people bashed NK solely for this vid and made so many comments on it when it was posted, but have yet to say a word about it now that it has been debunked... Deny Ignorance huh?

So many NK haters..... no one on here will admit cause... it's the American way.

Blame someone else..

edit on 15-3-2013 by Catalyst317 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I didn't think it was real, and it was hilarious. I hope the producer and writer make more vids on lots of topics. It reminded me of the "Wonder Showzen" show.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister

I didn't think it was real, and it was hilarious. I hope the producer and writer make more vids on lots of topics. It reminded me of the "Wonder Showzen" show.

I agree, it was hilarious... MOAR MELTED SNOW.... HOWEVER, I am still surprised that no Americans came on and showed support...
I guess america is only ineterested in doom and gloom...

Maybe if I started the thread with "Banana Republic declares war", more Americans would be interested.... We are o interested in our products to even care...

I am going to patent, sending our reality TV stars to an fight to the death on a TV Island... to wake up the American Audience..... REALLY.... Maybe I will have them work at a "normal job" for a week or two.... CLASSIC... *patent pending*

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Here is a real, and pretty good NK flick on Western Propaganda. Gotta hand it to them-they are not wrong in this video. In fact, they've got quite a bit right on. Well worth the time to watch if you want a different perspective on NK and it's relationship with the west as well as the west's relationship with the world than what you get fed in the MSM

edit on 15-3-2013 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

new topics

top topics

join