It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'This was UFOs - I saw them': Mystery surrounds strange contrails that appeared over Grimsby

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RAY1990
reply to post by MysterX

Agreed that it is a UFO so far

My problem with Parachuters is the scale of the contrails, never parachuted before so I'm not speaking from experiance but wouldn't it be hard to make contrails on that scale without some kind of propellent on their back?

I have seen plenty of display parachuting in my time as I'm lucky to live in the city where the biggest European (free) airshow is held and the contrails look nothing like that

Here is an example of what I have seen in the past:

It just doesn't quite fit, too high and too spread wide for a group of parachuters, as I said though I'm no expert

I've jumped before, and i've seen others jump a fair bit. You can pull quite tight arcs and circles, so much so that you're more than horizontal, instead of vertical.

It's like being on a fairground swings, but at 3 or 4 times the speed. You swing right out relative to the canopy, and pull G's!

Smoke on their legs, would create these effects.

It might not be chutes, i don't know if it was or not, just that it reminded me of something that could have been.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Nice stuff

wish I had the balls too but I got a fear of heights, I know from mates that it's an awesome experiance.

wind ofcourse would effect these contrails and height would effect how they sit in the sky and also the Estuary would also have an effect on this too.

The sheer size that they appear to be lead me to the idea they may have been hand gliders with engines on but as I said I'm no expert and I'm judging on experiance, contacting local clubs could clear this. At the same time we can rule out military, explore the possibility that they were civilian aircraft (doubtful though) atm I'm struggling to find any info tbh... google isn't being my freind

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

Nice stuff wish I had the balls too but I got a fear of heights, I know from mates that it's an awesome experiance.

..you also have to be ever so slightly mad too...not a complete raving loony, but a little unhinged helps!

When i first did my training on a short course, the day before our first jump the instructor casually told us a little story of how one of her fellow instructors died when he slammed into a field on a failed jump, (Main chute didn't deploy and he got too low to use reserve) at the same airfield only a few weeks earlier...only 3 of us turned up to make the jump the following day

It was a pretty nervy jump i can tell you, but it was a great experience in a scared witless kind of way!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
hey all. i dont think they jump around grimsby cleethorpes and as they were being made it was faint then just appered lol.. it was really weird as they just apperad from faint to big and bold...

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

what direction was it estimately? North, East, South or West? also where abouts were you standing when you seen them and yeah I have never seen parachuting around those parts while I was there just the odd hand glider, so far I have found nothing new except that your local paper likes to run stories on UFO's

The first ever sighting I remember seeing was on the Humber, on the beach next to the Butlins site I think it was, it is an active spot. BTW I have never seen aliens just been lucky enough to see multiple UFO's as in I could not identify them, on multiple occasions too.

On ATS you kind of have to spell it out that you have seen no aliens and UFO means UFO and not a bunch of green men, sad but true

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
i was driving back to work it was in the east... as i said we have got a testing/bombing range near where the clouds were seen

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Any weather satellite photos of the area at the time?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikgrimsby
hey all. i dont think they jump around grimsby cleethorpes and as they were being made it was faint then just appered lol.. it was really weird as they just apperad from faint to big and bold...

Must have been a pretty surreal sight.

Wish i'd been there.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

Originally posted by rikgrimsby

Must have been a pretty surreal sight.

Wish i'd been there.

just said to myself "thats #ing weird"

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
There is both Paragliding and hang gliding affairs in Grimsby, there is a school for light aircraft. I don't see that it could not have been anyone of those with a modulated smoke trail, although the trail does look more of a contrail in appearance.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
At least one person says they were watching as fighter jets made them.

by fatjuzzyFriday, March 15 2013, 3:59PM
“i was at cleethorpes country park watching this and you could clearly see the fighter jet and hear the noise. so what is all this UFO nonsense about.”
Read more: www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk...
Follow us: @thisisgrimsby on Twitter | thisisgrimsby on Facebook

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Look at the video I posted on the first page, see how far away the contrails originated from.
Is this a testing of a multi-storage warhead gone wrong?

I don't know but it looks strange, I think the nearby bombing range the OP mentioned is Donna Nook though I'm not certain anyways I do know a lot of the local area is protected for wildlife preservation reasons and also this is or has been used in the past for military experiments/tests, plus from what I read the military respects the ecological situation there.

So all in all I don't know what to make of this... I'm stumped

Any ATS members who could shed some light on this?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I agree. I watched a plane sky writing over Melbourne the other day. I could only see the plane now and then as the sun glinted off it, the rest of the time all I could see was the writing appearing as though out of thin air. I know it was sky writing as the word "cloud" apeard up between the clouds. Either that, or the aliens are practicing their English language skills lol But for most of the time no plane was visible, just occasionally when the sun caught it from the right angle and there was a small white dot with a smoke trail behind it. So that would be my explanation.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

reply to post by MysterX

Agreed that it is a UFO so far

My problem with Parachuters is the scale of the contrails, never parachuted before so I'm not speaking from experiance but wouldn't it be hard to make contrails on that scale without some kind of propellent on their back?

I have seen plenty of display parachuting in my time as I'm lucky to live in the city where the biggest European (free) airshow is held and the contrails look nothing like that

Here is an example of what I have seen in the past:

It just doesn't quite fit, too high and too spread wide for a group of parachuters, as I said though I'm no expert

Agreed by whom ?
How can you pompously proclaim that it is UFO when clearly all evidence states that nobody saw what made the contrails????

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

So all in all I don't know what to make of this... I'm stumped

Any ATS members who could shed some light on this?

Yeah it was an aerobatic display team , as suggested earlier . Unless of course you think aliens are relying on the combustion engine to propel them around the galaxy hahahahahahahahahaha

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Not any planes we know about.

If something comes out like this in the papers, I personally belief its a government craft being used to make us 'think' there's something out there.. and they're here!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
IMO they look a lot like these ones:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

How nice to see another poster from my home town!

Technically, however, those are smoke trails, not contrails.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Hi - this post reminded me of something I saw while I was visiting UK in early January while staying with my parents in Louth!
We had actually just visited Donna Nook to see the last of the seals and while travelling in car on way home we spotted, over on the Grimsby coast line, something very similar to the contrails shown in your video. The ones we saw were much closer to the horizon but making large loops in the sky. To be honest, although we couldn't see the actual plane that was making the loops ( assuming, of course that it was a plane! ) we assumed it was the Red Arrows. Did your enquiries rule this out?
I remember thinking it was strange but being a bit of a UFO sceptic I wrote it off as being Red Arrows practicing and didn't think any more of it - until now! On that occasion there was definitely no activity at Donna Nook itself.

Interesting post - and great to see some posters from my near to my home town here on ATS! Was born and bred in Louth and spend a lot of time in Grimsby when I visit!
L x

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Hi Rik,

Nice find - regardless of what caused them!

Did anyone notice the object in the video which comes in around 0:01 near the top left of the screen, quickly dropping down then swooping left? Don't know if it's connected to these trails or not.
Could possibly be a seagull or similar?

See still from the vid below

cheers
GTD

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join