It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'This was UFOs - I saw them': Mystery surrounds strange contrails that appeared over Grimsby

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

'This was UFOs - I saw them': Mystery surrounds strange contrails that appeared over Grimsby

www.thisisgrimsby.co.u k

MYSTERY surrounds the origin of unusual contrail patterns spotted in the skies over Grimsby yesterday – after both the RAF and US Air Force say they were not caused by their planes.

As reported at www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk – where you can view pictures and video footage of the trails being made – the newsroom was flooded with calls about the unusual display.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 15-3-2013 by Rising Against because: You must use the exact article headline..

edit on 15-3-2013 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
i saw these as they appered. i didnt see any planes as they were appearing. it was a fine day and skys where clear.
very strange. we do have a testing range near us "donna nook" but ive never seen this happene before. i wounder if they where testing some thing ect....
as i said it was weird to watch them just appear from nothing

www.thisisgrimsby.co.u k
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

I'm interested as to why you wrote " UFO ??? " .
Surely UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Object and not Unseen Flying Object ?

edit on 15-3-2013 by tpg47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Looks like normal, aerobatic contrails or from a smoke generator on a plane. If they saw the UFO, they would've videoed the UFO making the trails. Not taking pictures and video after the fact.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
i saw theres appearing in the sky from..... ? nothing i could see... as i said it was clear blue skys aswell.
the paper said ufos...

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
A "strange phenomenon" ?

When peopel read things liek this, it makes it easier for them to discredit the real thing. Utter garbage and any person would know that it looks like its been created from a smoke generator from a private plane.

And why call it a UFO when this something isnt even an object which is flying and surley isnt unidentified.
edit on 15-3-2013 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
My initial thoughts were an aerobatic display team practicing for an event .
There are many things "Earthly" that could have caused those contrails .

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This is a UFV an unidentified floating VAPOUR. Lets be strictly factual here. Even rikgrimsby (greetings Rik) claims not to have seen anything in the sky that explains where these trails came from.

edit on 15-3-2013 by TrueBrit because: word replacement.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by rikgrimsby
i saw theres appearing in the sky from..... ? nothing i could see... as i said it was clear blue skys aswell.
the paper said ufos...

I often see contrails being formed but not the jets that are forming them. Especially when they are small, high altitude jets such as military craft and small business jets. To say these are from a UFO is an extreme jump from the most plausible explanation.

This really seems like one of those "society is really dumbing down" threads.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Looks to me like an attempt at the Olympic rings in the sky.

Difficult to judge from the photo, but they look like pretty tight turns for military aircraft, so stunt planes, which are small and thus may not be visible, would be my guess.

Maybe we have just seen the star piece of some Olympic opening ceremony. Winter Olympics maybe?

Or, maybe Aliens are putting crop circles in the sky, having decided that we have not noticed those they have left on the ground?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Can we get a little clarification...

Did you see these things being made, at the time they were being made?
or
Did you see them after?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Saw them being made but I didn't see what was making them. A lot of people are saying it was the euro fighter which I go with as it does test runs ect at the bombing range near us. It was just weird seeing them appear and not seeing what was making them. I guess from where I was and the blue sky and light ect... Didn't show the jets ect....

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Ive noticed an increase in jets/heli's over my area, im in the north east not far from the coast. I can usually see them and if i cant see them i always hear them. If it was any of ours pulling these aerial acrobatics im sure you'd of heard them too.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
AWOL Drone...

The new A.I. in the test drone went a bit loopy. Let's hope it wasn't armed...

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Lets get one thing clear, nobody has identified what made these contrails yet, we can presume that something flying did them so in my eyes a UFO made them. No aliens or anything just un-identified simple.

Thanks rikgrimsby for bringing this up, I like reading things like this especially when they happen in the UK.
I find it very strange that nothing could be seen while these contrails were created and both US and UK governments claim it was not theirs.

The only thing that springs to mind for me is hand gliders, in my youth I used to holiday at Cleethorpes (just south of Grimsby) and did see a few in the summer months, problem with that is they should be visible by anyone with half decent sight and also it's still pretty much winter here in the UK and that looks like some work by the pics... fascinating.

I'll look up see how many reports of this there was and also what they claim to have seen

Star & Flag OP thanks for the thread

Ok I have done some searching so far I cannot find any individual reports but I will keep looking, I did find this though:

As you can see it's a pretty clear fine day, a little darting light too but hard to say what probably just chance a seagull maybe? anyways I'll keep digging see what I can find
edit on 15-3-2013 by RAY1990 because: Youtube Video added

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This is really interesting. You saw it being made, but not what was making it.

I will keep my eye on your thread, just to see if an explanation ever comes up.

Great thread, OP!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Something flying made these trails, until or if the object that caused them is positively identified, it remains a UFO.

I'd guess the culprit would be a deliberate hoax attempt or coincidence...perhaps by a team of parachutists (sky blue chutes blend well with a blue sky)

Thanks for posting.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Agreed that it is a UFO so far

My problem with Parachuters is the scale of the contrails, never parachuted before so I'm not speaking from experiance but wouldn't it be hard to make contrails on that scale without some kind of propellent on their back?

I have seen plenty of display parachuting in my time as I'm lucky to live in the city where the biggest European (free) airshow is held and the contrails look nothing like that

Here is an example of what I have seen in the past:

It just doesn't quite fit, too high and too spread wide for a group of parachuters, as I said though I'm no expert

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Saw the same kind of contrails once when the President visited my town. Relatively high altitude fighters circling, dominating the air space. Just in case.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

UK and US have ruled out that they are their doing, nothing in the area at the time aparrently, so we can rule that out unless it was some kind of black ops or an invasion. both unlikely above the Humber Estuary. Unless ofcourse it was training exercises but then they would have no reason to deny it was them (UK or US military)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join