It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sign of the Resurrection

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This is a dream I had a week ago.

I walked out of my grandfather's workshop. I felt that people were looking at the sky. So I looked up and I saw a very large picture, with objects like suns and stars, and they were connected by thick white lines, and the picture was filled with colors, similar to a stain glass window. The image was huge, and colorful, and abstract (because the image didn't take on a form that I could discern). I looked at it and knew that it was important. I then heard a voice say, "This is the sign of the Resurrection." I then became very thankful to God and hopeful, but also I was a little afraid, and I said, "God please save me, please take me."

To the right of my grandfather's workshop was a little house and it had three flags on it. One was a rainbow flag, another was european, and another was latin american. Then across from the little house, on the left side of the workshop, there was firewood piled up, the firewood represented people. And one of the people was a person I know, Giusi. And she had what she called, "A devil toolbox" and it was fashioned in the shape of a devil's face. And the said she was trying to get rid of it and sell it for $25 to any of those close to her. I knew there were people near the little house as well, and I saw them plant the rainbow flag on it, but I couldn't see them, but I could only feel that they were there.

I got an image of a magnified portion of the western sky above the trees of my grandfather's driveway and I saw an angel traveling many times faster than a jet. The image looked like a super fast jet at first, but I know it to be an angel.

And then I looked to my right and I see a strange sight. I see a dog, like a giant dachsund, and it was wearing a green hoodie, and a leather jacket, and tennis shoes; and the dog had the face of a man, and the man had a baseball cap on. And he was walking back behind the little house, the pathway between grandfather's workshop and the little house. And he looked back as if I should follow him.

And then I was laying in a white bedroom on a bed with white sheets. My head was resting on the thigh of a beautiful woman whose body was covered with the sheets, but her thigh was not. And I was laying there thinking, "We have nothing." And then a voice said to me, "I have called her Paris. And you will have her."

And then I had a vision that I was standing on a bright white planet, perfectly smooth, without an atmosphere. I was looking through space at the blue crescent of the earth.

Then I was in a room, pitch black. I became suddenly aware that the government, and its highest officials, including the President, were after me and they were currently interrogating me. Somehow they left and I broke free and began to run through the halls. The halls were dark and full of people. I knew I was being chased, but they didn't have the power to catch up to me or to stump me. But people would not hear me when I asked for help. There was another person running also. The other person that was running was my father, and yet he had the eyes of an angel; the brightest and whitest blue his eyes were. He was running with me, but he was not at the same time.

I realized as I was running away that my wallet and my glasses had been left behind in that room. I knew that I would never be able to survive without my wallet and my glasses, so I kept asking people for help, but nobody would hear me. So I kept running. And then I came to a lit area, with windows. And a girl that I knew walked into the building.

I ran up to her immediately and tried to say her name; but the name that came out was not the name I knew her by, and I could not call her by the name I knew her, but only could call her by the name that was given to her. And her name was "Auria". And I begged her to stop because I needed help. And then another girl appeared next to her, and she had a proud look on her face, and she said, "What do you need her for?" And I said, "This isn't about sex." And the girl said, "Why would you need to say that?" And I said, "My wallet and my glasses, I left them in a room and I need them."

Then I heard a commotion and next to me a man in a wheelchair had fallen on his face. I knew that if I helped this man that I would lose my chance with Auria, but I had to help him.

So I bent down helped pick up the man and his wheelchair and I set him into place. He pushed me for helping and also he told me that he pushed me because I could stand. Then I noticed that there was another, extremely feeble, and tiny, man laying on the floor. It was like this one was barely just a piece of flesh. And this feeble man rode on the lap of the wheelchair man. So I very carefully pulled this feeble man close to the man and set him on the other man's lap with the help of somebody else. This feeble man's bones were so weak that they popped even when I tried to pick him up with a light grip.

Once I set the feeble man onto the other man's lap, their wheelchair fell backwards and flipped open and turned into a bed. And they were laying upon the bed, and so was another, and I had fallen on the bed.

And then large buses, similar to greyhound buses, but without windows, and built more like futurist freight trailers, started pulling into the bay of the room. And then I saw many people in this room that were poor, and hungry, and homeless. And the buses were pulling up next to these people and taking their places. And the buses were rocking violently back and forth, leaning greatly one way and the other. It confused me at first and I didn't know what to do.

But then I saw a woman, like a navy official, with a white shirt and a headset, come into the room and sit at a small check-in desk. And she sat there and stared at the trailers. It was at that moment that I knew what was going on.

I started yelling to all of the people in the room. "Those are SOLDIERS! Everyone RUN. Get out! They are after me anyway!"

Then I proceeded to run out of the room. The entire complex then was in total chaos. There were people running back and forth, and the lights had changed to strange colors.

Dream continues on the next post.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
And then a stranger thing happened. Very strange, indeed.

As I was running down the corridor, I saw a door open up in the distance and out of the door came Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker (yes. I said it would get weird.) And Darth Vader had a red light sabre and Luke had a blue one. And they were BOTH killing people. But I knew that they were after me.

I became extremely afraid, and my heart was nearly pounding out of my chest. But I found a corner and stayed there for a second. I knew that Darth Vader already sensed me, so then I knew it was time to move. As soon as I moved, he walked in and swung at me and missed.

I was running and tried to calm down. Then a strange thing happened.

I stumbled upon a group of floating swords. And there were 7 swords. And these swords were spinning and hovering about each other in the shape of a sphere. And it was given to me to be able to use these swords with my mind, and with a force, by moving them. And so I directed the swords quickly at Darth Vader, and defeated him quickly. And I saw others coming at me, more enemies. And they came at me, and they were all taken up quickly by the swords and they disappeared. Once the area was clear, I left the swords and looked for an exit. I found the doors from which Auria entered in, the area with the windows, and I walked out.

Then I crossed the parking lot, still full of vehicles, and across the parking lot there was an extremely fine restaurant. The Restaurant was a mixture of American Deli and Elite Asian Cuisine. The building was made of gold, and fashioned with lights. It was quite a sight. And as I neared the front doors I looked up and saw the sign said, "Charleston, N.C." Then the doors opened, as if by force, and indeed by force. And there was a levitating half-white and half-asian woman staring at me. And I said, "You use the force well." And I said it as a joke because of my previous encounter. But it did not thrill her. She hovered around to behind her counter and motioned me in and said, "I thought it would be nice to have a nice southern gentleman over for lunch."

Then I said, "Yes, I saw this deli before and thought it would be nice to stop by sometime. I guess I will order something then!" And then I remembered that I had no wallet, so then I could not pay. And then I said, "Actually, I will not order anything because I don't have a wallet, and here's why!" I said to her "George Washington and Darth Vader are trying to kill me!" And then she became disgusted with me, and walked away. She certainly thought I was crazy, or at least that I was making things up. And I tried to explain to her, but she ignored me and tried talking to someone else. And I was thoroughly shocked that she had judged me so harshly and was unwilling to listen.

Then I noticed there was a huge line of people at the side of her building, which was all windows. And I noticed that there were airplanes outside. It was as if people boarded flights from here. And people were waiting in line.

I saw my mom and my stepfather in the line. I explained to my mom and the people in the crowd all the events that had just taken place. After much begging and pleading for help, my stepfather (the same, who before, is my father, but he had the eyes of an angel, and He is Christ); my step father said, "FINE!" Like he had heard enough. And then the line began to move instantly.

And people were exiting. As people were exiting, my stepfather handed me a FOLDED 100 dollar bill. I proceeded to unfold the 100 dollar bill and it turned into two different bills: one was a 99 dollar bill, and the other was a 96 dollar bill. And the numbers shocked me greatly.

And when we got outside, I said to my stepfather, "I cannot possibly take this much!" And he said, "I have nothing less to offer." And then I noticed that where we were standing was at the small grocery store called "Big Chief's" close to where my grandfather's workshop is in Tennessee. And we were in the parking lot and I said, "This will definitely be enough to get back my wallet and all of its contents back and to pay for travel and for living." And my stepfather nodded his head in agreement.

And then I felt like I was going back home, like I was going back to Tennessee. But I was already at Tennessee again in the dream, so I knew my home was somewhere else, but I couldn't place it; I just knew that I was about to go there.

And then I woke up.
edit on 3/14/2013 by TarzanBeta because: Added more that I remembered.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Wow, your dreams sound just as convoluted as mine...lol.

I often dream that I left my wallet or purse somewhere and I can't do anything I want or need to do without it, so I'm sorta stranded in limbo. Then I spend most of my dream trying to get back to wherever I was when I lost it to see if I can find it. Sometimes I'm in a lost and found and there are many purses, but I can't find mine.

Same thing with my car. I can't remember where I parked it or sometimes I don't even know what I drove and I'm just wandering around parking lots & streets looking for it.

I dream about staying in a hotel and acquiring a large bill, then I leave for the weekend and check back in at the beginning of the week and they tell me I forgot to pay my bill.

Sometimes I'm at the hotel and I can't remember what room I'm in. Sometimes I remember the room but I don't have a key. Sometimes its both and I have to go to the lobby and explain to them that I don't have a key to a room that I can't remember the number of...sheesh.

I dream about picking my kids up from daycare. It's late and I'm trying to get there before they close, it's such a horrible feeling, I can't even describe it. I either don't have a car, or I can't remember how to get there, or I can't get there fast enough and I'm just totally freaking out because I can't get to them and feel so helpless and horrified.

The last few nights I've dreamed I was in some sort of race, not a sports kind of race, but a race where you had to accomplish one thing before you could continue on to the next. The first one was a women-themed race with like shopping & crap like that, but there was this temptation part that had all these desserts...lmao. I passed them up because I was more interested in finishing the race.
The one I had last night, you had to figure out where you were supposed to go as you were running the race. We all started out with no idea what direction we were supposed to start, nor where it finished. Some people were following each other and some people were trying to figure it out themselves. The last place I was before I woke up was some Catholic Church we were supposed to pass through on our way to wherever we were supposed to go next. It didn't look like a normal church and it had revolving doors. I remember thinking it was odd that they had us going through this church for part of the race, but I dipped my hand in the holy water, made the sign of the cross and went through the revolving door (I grew up Catholic until Jr. High). When I got inside, there were people sitting in the pews in the middle of mass, but they were not listening or paying attention, so most of the people just watched those who were in the race wander around trying to figure out the next place we were supposed to go to. I said loudly, "This isn't right!" because I felt that it was horribly disrespectful for us to be in there interrupting mass and everybody being so casual and not even caring that it was a place of worship. I decided that I didn't care about the race anymore if this is how it was going to be and I started to leave to go back outside because I didn't think it was right to be in there for that reason and then I woke up.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl
Wow, your dreams sound just as convoluted as mine...lol.

Well thank you. Glad we could find common ground!

I often dream that I left my wallet or purse somewhere and I can't do anything I want or need to do without it, so I'm sorta stranded in limbo. Then I spend most of my dream trying to get back to wherever I was when I lost it to see if I can find it. Sometimes I'm in a lost and found and there are many purses, but I can't find mine.

This is about losing our identity. We lost our identity because of fear. We panic, and we run. We forget to stick through and be tried and be patient as our Lord instructs. Our identity is with the Lord. We are called by His Name, Jesus Christ. So when we lose our identity, we are forgetting, or leaving behind, who we are.

Same thing with my car. I can't remember where I parked it or sometimes I don't even know what I drove and I'm just wandering around parking lots & streets looking for it.

Same thing. Identity. Is it not the name of Christ that is our vehicle in this world? Does He not carry us wherever we go, like a vehicle? We forgot that He is in control. That's the point. When we keep searching for more and more and more mysteries and secrets concerning God, and we spend that time looking for those mysteries and secrets from other people claiming to be Christians, a lot of the time we stray. The Spirit of God is within us to instruct us; we don't need to look for deeper mysteries or secrets beyond what God has revealed in His Word and the deeper instruction of His Word in our hearts.

I dream about staying in a hotel and acquiring a large bill, then I leave for the weekend and check back in at the beginning of the week and they tell me I forgot to pay my bill.

Sometimes I'm at the hotel and I can't remember what room I'm in. Sometimes I remember the room but I don't have a key. Sometimes its both and I have to go to the lobby and explain to them that I don't have a key to a room that I can't remember the number of...sheesh.

And also, is this not the same thing? We forget that our rest is in the Lord. He is the hotel. The large bill is being in His grace when we make mistakes (even if the mistakes are just ignorance! We are silly humans aren't we!) Of course you don't have the key. The Lord has the key. We ask Him. The knowledge of His Rest is not because of anything that WE do. The Holy Spirit brings all things to remembrance. The Holy Spirit guides us and proves us that we rely on the Father in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

I dream about picking my kids up from daycare. It's late and I'm trying to get there before they close, it's such a horrible feeling, I can't even describe it. I either don't have a car, or I can't remember how to get there, or I can't get there fast enough and I'm just totally freaking out because I can't get to them and feel so helpless and horrified.

The protection of our Lord is upon our children day and night. There is no need require full control.
Sometimes we do that, don't we? Think, "I'm a horrible parent if I don't take this measure and that measure!"
"It's my job to protect my kids for every single thing!"

Well, yes it is. But you can't do it without the Lord. If you try to take full control of everything, then that is the same as removing the Lord's hand and His will from you and your children. Let His guidance and His mercy and His grace have its perfect work and don't be afraid of what the Lord will do.

We think, "Lord, I don't know if I can be tested like that. Oh please just let my kids be so safe; let your will be, but also, I am so afraid, I cannot be tested like THAT."

Well, yes we can. And perfect love casts out fear. It's not easy to remember, but it's human history; when people try to take full control, even worse things happen. We need to rest easy with the Lord. He has given us rest from our works that His perfect works will manifest.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

The last few nights I've dreamed I was in some sort of race, not a sports kind of race, but a race where you had to accomplish one thing before you could continue on to the next. The first one was a women-themed race with like shopping & crap like that, but there was this temptation part that had all these desserts...lmao. I passed them up because I was more interested in finishing the race.

That's a metaphor for life if I ever saw one.

The one I had last night, you had to figure out where you were supposed to go as you were running the race. We all started out with no idea what direction we were supposed to start, nor where it finished. Some people were following each other and some people were trying to figure it out themselves. The last place I was before I woke up was some Catholic Church we were supposed to pass through on our way to wherever we were supposed to go next. It didn't look like a normal church and it had revolving doors. I remember thinking it was odd that they had us going through this church for part of the race, but I dipped my hand in the holy water, made the sign of the cross and went through the revolving door (I grew up Catholic until Jr. High). When I got inside, there were people sitting in the pews in the middle of mass, but they were not listening or paying attention, so most of the people just watched those who were in the race wander around trying to figure out the next place we were supposed to go to. I said loudly, "This isn't right!" because I felt that it was horribly disrespectful for us to be in there interrupting mass and everybody being so casual and not even caring that it was a place of worship. I decided that I didn't care about the race anymore if this is how it was going to be and I started to leave to go back outside because I didn't think it was right to be in there for that reason and then I woke up.

Revolving doors = lukewarmness, double-mindedness.

It's not odd that you would have to go through that part. It is odd that many would go through it, because the truth aren't in its teachings. But the Spirit of God is definitely contending with people and is waking some people up. The Spirit of God contends even with Muslims in their mosques. And God contends with ignorant satanic fools and all pagans, too, in their religions, their mosques, their temples, their synagogues. All places belong to God, and God is everywhere. Why should it be a surprise that God would lead us to one of these places for a purpose? God goes there to accomplish His work. God likes to accomplish His work through people. His elect are in all manner of places and they need to come to that realization so that they can leave these places and leave their works and rely on the Lord Jesus Christ.

And in this dream, you left because you did not think it was right that people wandered in seeking their way while others seemed to be worshiping.

Who needs saving? The sinner or the righteous?

Why are you angry at those who are seeking the truth? Are they not more in need of our Saviour than the ones who believe they have already found it? Should not the people who were worshiping stood up and taken the hands of those that are wandering and tried to help them see and show them what is good? And then if they did not accept guidance, to send them out that they pollute not the church? But it's the revolving doors. It's the lukewarmness. It's "Come and go as you please, it doesn't matter who you are, what you do, or how you worship. We're just open because we can be. Wander on in." And we know these churches (and all churches now) are this way because if they teach what is right, then many will not show up and many will not pay them for their services. People flee at the truth, at first. But the reality is that Jesus was the living Truth and all the people could not HELP but follow Him! He didn't have to hardly try at all! It may have been hard to hear His Words, but they could not HELP but follow Him. Our pastors and preachers are weak, and cowards, and uneducated in the Spirit at that. It's sad. They wouldn't have to be if they served God instead of mammon.

But as you can see from your dream, you think that it is more holy for someone to be in the middle of worshiping than for them to be interrupted to help the weak and the blind. This is not true.

True worship is helping the weak and the blind. Worship is not in a church building. Worship is not anything except for what God said it is. "If you had understood what this means; I WILL HAVE MERCY, NOT SACRIFICE; you would not have condemned the innocent."

Jesus is saying to us that we should not judge people by their apparent lack of godly character; but rather, we should love them and strengthen them.

We shouldn't strive against God. We will lose, haha. It's not easy to see I know! But quitting the race... really? Be guided.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
(didn't originally post as reply)
edit on 18-3-2013 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

What does it mean when you dream about nakedness? And being self concious of it in your dream, but trying to play it off like everything's totally normal. But in the meantime, spending most of your dream trying to find something appropriate to wear.
Or not wearing the proper "upper management" underneath my shirt, and everybody can totally tell because that management is necessary to keep everything in line and packed snugly.
I've been reluctant to ask because I didn't want to sound like some freaky pervert.

I also frequently and regularly dream that I am able to fly. Like, I can willfully raise myself from the ground or I have some sort of "seat" that I use, like a snow disc thingy or something like that, that hovers and I can sit in and use to move about. Sometimes I get frustrated in my dream because I can't make myself go as fast as I want to or rise as high as I want/need to. Sometimes no matter how hard I try, I'm just stuck and feel heavy.
Much of the time I am trying to find my way back home, but I can't remember where I live or how to get there.
I am also the only person who can fly in my dreams and everybody wonders how I'm doing it. Sometimes they think I'm a douchebag though, like "Oh, here's the girl who flies everywhere again, even though everybody else walks like normal people."

Oh, and the people in the church in my other dream, didn't really want to be there. They were just in there out of habit, or something like that. They were all talking to each other or playing with their phone, the mass that was taking place was totally ignored.
The circumstances in my dream led me to feel like that particular race was not one I wanted to be running in the first place, that's why I finally spoke up and said that what we were doing was wrong. I felt like that race was way less important than having part of it go through a church in the middle of their worship ceremony. I felt like a total asshole for even being in there for such a stupid reason in the first place. I just wanted to get out, I felt like I had betrayed God for going ahead and following the rest of the people in there instead of listening to the hesitation I felt before deciding to go on through those revolving doors.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

I was sitting here yesterday, and I had not come back to this thread, but I felt that what I had said about your dream was not right.

I waited to see what you said to see, because sometimes I will just fear I did wrong even if I didn't. But it's true, I did wrong. I wasn't patient enough.

It's simply that those people should have been thrown out. That was the point. The revolving doors is lukewarmness. But I interpreted the dream against you instead of in your favor. That wasn't right. I should have known better.

It's a very, very bad habit of mine to think the worst of myself, and in turn, others. This will be corrected. I'm sorry.

It wouldn't be fair to remove what I had done out of my shame because it is recorded, no matter what I do, right? Hah! I have been a fool, and sometimes I still am. What is there to hide?

God has indeed given me an ability to understand some prophecies and to interpret some dreams. But how can His Spirit work through me if I have such a judgmental attitude? No, I hinder it greatly with such a bad attitude.

I have severe trust issues with people sometimes.

But I really do love people, and want the best for all people. But when I am suffering, sometimes I'm a fool.

Indeed, that is what your dream was about.

You just wanted those ones kicked out, like they should have been. But they pay their tithes, and the doors are open for them.

You're right. Running the race of that church is no good.

Jesus Christ didn't say, "Mercy and Grace, but be lukewarm, and continue to delight in your stupidity without thought!"

He said "Mercy and Grace and Love me."

He didn't cast a stumbling block in front of us; but also, if we love Him, why would we continue to go out and be so selfish, and stupid, and hurtful, to others and ourselves?

It's not so much the temptations that are killing us; as it is our judgment of other people and our harm of other people, out of our own suffering and hatred; that is what is killing us.

The Lord has been revealing a lot to me overtime; but there has been a certain culmination in the learning happening in the last week that has exponentially increased His Spirit in me.

And it is because I am being taught to be a whole lot more at ease with myself. Like I said, I am still healing from the horrible law I was put under. And my character has to undergo a large change. But I was put there to see how hard I was on other people. I was put there so that it would be shown to me how much wrong actually have done. And also so that I could be a lot easier and more forgiving of everyone.

Little bits of that judgment keep seeping out. But no harm is ever meant. And I am being corrected. I am very sorry.

That being said, if it is given to me, I will answer your question about your dreams. If it is not, then I simply won't accept to say I have had similar dreams; and do they mean the same thing for you as they do for me? We'll see.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The first is the desire to be naked in front of people, regardless of what people think. But you have the desire at the same time to conform to a better image as well. That's something that is easy to relate to. It's easy for us to feel like we just want to be free and naked in front of people; like the liberation would lift off so many burdens, if only it wouldn't offend. But at the same time, to desire to conform to an appropriate image so that there is no hurt or judgment. I imagined myself having that dream, and that's how it makes me feel.

How much easier would it be if we could just be naked, wherever we go, and there was no craziness involved with it? But just natural beauty presented as it is; without any guilt or shame. But we know this world cannot handle that. We dress appropriately to protect other people from their own judgments concerning nakedness. That's the point; it is our love for other people that makes us to conform to an appropriate image.

People who go in public naked on purpose, or expose themselves on purpose (and some expose themselves in public, justifying it with their babies), and you know with what intent they do what they do -- these do not care about the hearts and minds of others. They cause people to make judgment against them, against each other, and against themselves.

And the second dream is similar. Except notice the phrase you used. "Upper management." Brainstorm some ideas as to how the term "upper management" applies to you in your daily life.

In short, you want to be freer than free willy; but there still needs to be some authority there. At least, that seems to be what is implied.

That is how I feel about my nakedness and my pride. Let freedom ring. It's odd how the urge for that freedom seems to be greater in those who seek the Lord. And some freedom is good; but there are some things that we call "freedom" that isn't actually freedom, but is actually hurtful. Like freedom from authority telling us what to do; something we should respect more, for the Lord has set up authority in the manner He set it up for a reason.

What does it mean when you dream about nakedness? And being self concious of it in your dream, but trying to play it off like everything's totally normal. But in the meantime, spending most of your dream trying to find something appropriate to wear.
Or not wearing the proper "upper management" underneath my shirt, and everybody can totally tell because that management is necessary to keep everything in line and packed snugly.
I've been reluctant to ask because I didn't want to sound like some freaky pervert.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I also frequently and regularly dream that I am able to fly. Like, I can willfully raise myself from the ground or I have some sort of "seat" that I use, like a snow disc thingy or something like that, that hovers and I can sit in and use to move about. Sometimes I get frustrated in my dream because I can't make myself go as fast as I want to or rise as high as I want/need to. Sometimes no matter how hard I try, I'm just stuck and feel heavy.
Much of the time I am trying to find my way back home, but I can't remember where I live or how to get there.
I am also the only person who can fly in my dreams and everybody wonders how I'm doing it. Sometimes they think I'm a douchebag though, like "Oh, here's the girl who flies everywhere again, even though everybody else walks like normal people."

Oh, and the people in the church in my other dream, didn't really want to be there. They were just in there out of habit, or something like that. They were all talking to each other or playing with their phone, the mass that was taking place was totally ignored.
The circumstances in my dream led me to feel like that particular race was not one I wanted to be running in the first place, that's why I finally spoke up and said that what we were doing was wrong. I felt like that race was way less important than having part of it go through a church in the middle of their worship ceremony. I felt like a total asshole for even being in there for such a stupid reason in the first place. I just wanted to get out, I felt like I had betrayed God for going ahead and following the rest of the people in there instead of listening to the hesitation I felt before deciding to go on through those revolving doors.

I have frequently had flying dreams. Flying, leaping miles in the air, free falling and flying, running super fast, moving around like crazy;

And I have also had the dreams where it seemed like I was doing those things, but yet, I couldn't exactly control the directions, or the movements; or I saw something that could be done, and tried to do it, but it kept fumbling, even though I knew it should have been so easy; especially with all that ability.

I think that is freedom.

I think you're dreaming constantly about freedom.

I used to have those dreams more before I fell into the Seventh-Day Remnant trap. What a trap. What a horrible trap.

I can't believe how long it has taken to recover. But for a reason, I remember. So that I can learn to forgive everyone instead of being so foolishly harsh.

Yeah, you desire freedom, and you have some freedom, too. And you have gifts, and power, and love.

That flying and the nakedness. I remember it all now.

I think that is a message to chill out a little bit. I do think so. I've had all those dreams before, you know, in the male.

And most of those were during the 4-5 years previous to the Seventh-Day Remnant snare.

Or maybe it represents the awesome freedom and naked freedom you're allowed to experience when you're not snared.

But I do know that when we fly too high, or get too caught up in our powers, we end up falling, or losing control, or entangling ourselves. And if people are judging us, it could be because they think we're being a little too arrogant about ourselves.

I am not thinking ill of you at all, I hope it doesn't at all come off that way. I have similar feelings. But I have learned to chill out a little, indeed.

Boy it's going to be nice when we are finally broken out of our prisons and set up and made perfect and free in the Lord! We won't have to worry about how we want to break out and be free, we won't have to worry about anyone being offended, or being offended ourselves at that; we won't have to worry about having to satisfy a conformity with which we are uncomfortable; but we do it all in love so that the weak will not stumble, and so that the world cannot bring an accusation against us, if possible.

And again, in regards to your last dream, again I am sorry. And I hope that I have done better this time than before!

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

I was sitting here yesterday, and I had not come back to this thread, but I felt that what I had said about your dream was not right.

I waited to see what you said to see, because sometimes I will just fear I did wrong even if I didn't. But it's true, I did wrong. I wasn't patient enough.

It's simply that those people should have been thrown out. That was the point. The revolving doors is lukewarmness. But I interpreted the dream against you instead of in your favor. That wasn't right. I should have known better.

okay, now it's your turn to chill out....lol. It's so not a big deal. Trust me, I am not easily offended. It was good for me because it caught me off guard and made me really examine my feelings during the dream more thoroughly. In a small way, you were actually correct. I regularly battle the human inclination to surmise the intentions of others. It is a daily habit for me, because of my spiritual gift as I am very intuitive and able to read people quite easily. I am also very blunt and painfully honest, almost to my detriment.

Have you figured out which one of the spiritual gifts I've been given yet? I'll give you a few more clues:

I cannot tolerate liars or those who pervert the truth and I tend to overreact when faced with such.
I am very articulate.
I am not shy.
I do not mince words and have to make a perpetual effort to soften my edges.
I impulsively correct others when I am absolutely certain that they are wrong, I simply cannot help myself. And if it's something scriptural, it's coming out of my mouth before I even think about it.

So, can you guess which one it is now? Lol.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Do you mind telling me? Because those describe me pretty well.

Which gift are those suppose to describe?

The discerning of spirits? It came to me even as I was questioning it.

Hmm. You just helped me. Sometimes I can be so dense.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

When I started my discipleship about a month ago, the first thing my mentoring pastor wanted me to do was called S.H.A.P.E. (Spiritual gifts, Heart, Abilities, Personality, Experience). He said what God has made me to BE determines what He intends for me to DO.

We can better understand the purpose for which we were created when we understand what kind of person we are. That is how we truly know God's will for our life.

We must examine ourselves at every moment and surrender to God to examine our minds, hearts and motives likewise, but what you and I have a problem with is setting realistic goals for ourself.....which, in turn, causes us to project that exceptionally high bar of standards and expectations onto everyone else. That's no good because we are all different by Divine appointment. So, I can tell you right now, that neither one of our spiritual gifts is "Mercy"...lol.
Not to say that we don't have compassion, but we have no problem forfeiting the consideration of someone's feelings over our compulsion to be a beacon of Truth. One of the negative things we tend to do in our perpetual effort to be "naked" to the Spirit and among others, is to wander from constructive correction into wallowing in condemnation, of ourselves or anyone else.

God gives us natural, inborn talents, temperaments, spiritual gifts and allows us all sorts of individual life experiences because He has a unique intention for each of us in serving His kingdom. Therefore our ministry is using whatever God has given us to serve Him and the needs of others. Our ministry is determined by our S.H.A.P.E.--- you still with me so far?

There is much ground for us to cover, Brother. I cannot possibly cover all the material in one post, nor in one day. I will U2U my personal email and we can continue correspondence that way as well. However, I would like to put as much material on ATS as well, for any pilgrim that may be destined to stumble across it.

S.H.A.P.E.~
1 Cor 12:4-7
There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit...There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord...There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men...Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good.

S~
Spirtitual gifts: 1 Cor 7:7
Each man has his own gift from God: one has this gift, another has that..."

H~
Heart: Rev 17:17
God has put it into their hearts to accomplish His purpose...
Phil 2:13
For it is God Who works in you to will and to act according to His good purpose..

A~
Abilities: 1 Cor 12:6
There are different abilities to perform service...

P~
Personality: 1 Cor 2:1
For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way, no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

E~
Experience: Acts 9:1-19
Paul's conversion
Ex 3:2-6
Moses & the burning bush
Prov 4:13 -- educational experience
2 Cor 9:13 -- ministry experience

As the Body of Christ, we each have a function. Not knowing our function causes malfunction in our own lives, and especially the 'church' (Body of Christ). There are SEVEN gifts of the Spirit to effect balance and unity within the Body of Christ.
We receive these gifts at salvation, when we receive the Holy Spirit, which serves to 'activate and cultivate' the latent natural abilites and tendencies we already possess. I have a post on here somewhere, where I discuss how each of us use our natural abilities for one of two purposes: for the Kingdom of God, or against it. I will try to find it as soon as I get a chance to wade back through some of my posts.

The SEVEN gifts of the Spirit are as follows:
PROPHECY
SERVING
TEACHING
EXHORTATION
GIVING
ADMINISTRATION
MERCY

I will continue in the next post......
edit on 19-3-2013 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Characteristics of the gift of PROPHECY

-need to express thoughts and ideas verbally, especially regarding right and wrong
-tend to make quick judgments on what is seen and heard, and to speak up quickly
-uncanny ability to sense when someone or something is not what it appears to be and react harshly to dishonesty
-desire to reject those who offend so that justice will be done, based on the longing to warn others to save them through example from the same fate
-brutal openness about personal faults and failures; compulsive honesty about self, as well as others
-tend to be impulsive in actions and wholeheartedly involved in whatever is done; tend to jump in with both feet in unwavering commitment
-tend to be painfully direct when correcting friends
-desire to openly evidence loyalty and total commitment
-willingness to suffer for doing what is right, regardless of the opinions of others
-uncanny ability to be very persuasive in defining delineations between right and wrong

Misuse of gift:
-correcting others when its not their responsibility to do so
-jumping to conclusions about words, actions and motives
-reinforcing a condemning spirit
-judging and exposing and offender, rather than restoring the offender
-cutting off a person who has failed
-dwelling on the negative, rather than the positive
-lacking caution and tact when expressing opinions
-demanding a positive response to a harsh rebuke
-condemning others when they fail
-accusing others of deception if they don't fully reveal a matter

Can you guess my gift now?

If you like, I will post the characteristics and misuse of the other 6 gifts. If you like, I can also continue on in how to realize your overall S.H.A.P.E. for ministry. Let me know.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Those characteristics that claim for the gift of prophecy; that list that you just typed.

If i was to just take that list and take out the word "prophecy", and to distribute it among my friends and ask them if those characteristics fit me, they would hardly dignify my question with a response. They would laugh at my incredulity, that I even acted for a second like those characteristics might have been foreign to me.

But because I'm not entirely sold on that definition of the characteristics of one possessing the gift of prophecy yet, neither any of the definitions yet;

I am interested in the explanation of the characteristics of the people possessing of the other gifts. I'm interested in learning the means by which people arrived at the conclusions that those characteristics are specific to those gifts. I'm interested in learning who the specific people are that arrived at those conclusions. And I am interested in all other material pertaining.

Because most of what has been written in the Bible was written by prophets; and also because the entire Bible is prophecy, and the Lord Jesus Christ is the prophet by whom we speak, I think it is easy to discern how a prophet comes across. We have many examples; so these seem relatively easy to settle.

And though there are certainly examples of the other gifts in use in the Bible, and there are a couple of specific instances in which those gifts were recording in use, at one time, here or there, I think it is a little bit more difficult to provide a definitive set list of characteristic traits as pertaining to the others;

I know this because while I am just like the description that you posted for the characteristics of those possessing the gift of prophecy, I also know that I possess great mercy - even my wife has said, "You are the most forgiving person that I know." And I am forgiving of people to the point that people think that I am literally insane for who I forgive and how much I forgive. While I am a strong opponent of injustice at any given point in time, I also am a stronger forgiver after the time.

As well, I have been told by many that I should be a teacher. Now I'm not saying that what people say about me necessarily defines what God says about me. But when I teach, people understand; and they are shocked when they understand because what I show them is made simple. When I am sitting in front of someone, I am able to understand how they see things, and therefore I am able to present it in a way which they can take it in. This isn't because I think so; this is because it is so, and it has happened, and it is true.

As for serving, I am always at the service of others. In fact, to the point that my mom, when I was growing up, used to be so annoyed that I was always going over to some other persons house to help them with their chores, or I was agreeing to help anyone who asked, without regard for anything else that had to be done.

And my wife recently, before she changed her mind, used to say, "Why do you keep helping people? And they don't want to help you! And when we are lacking, why are you giving? How are we supposed to get ahead if you keep giving and doing for other people?"

And therefore giving is also what I do, beyond what most would consider is normal for giving.

So I can tell you without shame that I have these in my favor:
SERVING, TEACHING, GIVING, MERCY

As for PROPHECY, according to you, and according to all that know me, those pros and cons are like my flesh and bones; I live that description.
So then should I add PROPHECY to the list on account of your explanation then?

This leaves EXHORTATION and ADMINISTRATION.

EXHORTATION is encouragement; and when someone is failing or down, or feeling like they have no ability, or no hope; Though I am harsh against injustice and lies, I also equally respect the weakness of others. In fact, because of the MERCY that has been given me, I also am able to encourage anyone, and to help them to feel better, and to learn more easily, and to be renewed after they have been broken down, and to set them back up, and to tell them the right way, and to see them grow.
ADMINISTRATION is direction, management, dispensing of authority. This is what I do. I understand the abilities of people. I know how to set them where their abilities are useful. I understand how people work. And I have applied these principles in many situations.

I am not saying these things in an effort to claim I own all of these gifts. Gifts are from the Lord. We know that.

But then how is one to determine which is the gift when all have been applied and understood? And one is sought?
Even Paul said, "But if you're going to ask for a gift, ask for the gift of prophecy." Paul literally demanded it.
And so I did ask for it.
Did I get it yet? Is it the will of the Lord? To be quite honest, I'm not entirely sure about that just yet.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
But I will say is that of all the gifts that you stated, I match the personality of the one that you posted;
and while I have said many things that have indeed come to pass, especially in little day to day events, especially in warnings to people concerning their actions or their situations;
Does that mean that I have a gift of Prophecy? But the Prophecy that I know I have is the testimony of Jesus Christ; that is the Spirit of Prophecy. And where there is the Spirit of it, there is the life of it. So how could I not have it?
But still yet, PROPHECY is still the gift that I do not have strong evidence for as a gift to me. Or rather, it is the one which I have a little less faith concerning its existence within me. Now that may be my fault.

But I have been honest about all I have said.

And also, concerning abilities. What would you say about this?

That I am able to master anything set in front of me. It doesn't matter what the job is.
It could be jobs of service, of memorization, of skilled labor, of high level math and sciences; of art, of history, of machines;
engineering, languages and communication; it doesn't really matter. To me, every job is the same exact skill set as another job. The separation doesn't exist for me.

Athletics are easy to me. Name the sport, I learn it, it's mine.

And how far can I go without running the risk of sounding conceited and arrogant, but I am not. It is only the truth. And I wish the truth would not make me appear to be conceited and arrogant.

But there is nothing that has been kept from me, in the way of gifts, and skills, and abilities.

But I will tell you what has been kept from me; Whenever I try to apply any of my skills for the purpose of trying to start a business for the purpose of making money, it fails.
And I never have made money, or thought that it was right, to make money sharing anything of the Spirit. I am entirely against anyone making money in the service of God.
So the skills and the abilities that have been given me have not ever been allowed to culminate into any money making at all. Though the businesses and the ideas focus on different aspects of service, and not related to the work of God; they fail still.

When I have done good or shown good, it comes back upon me. IT is like I pick up my enemy out of the dirt, and every single time, he uses that vulnerability and mercy to thrust his sword into my side. And I continue to pick up my enemy anyway.

I am poor and without a way; and yet all things were given to me. And yet, all things are held back from me.

How does one possess the ability to do whatever he pleases, and then also, all things fail? That can only be God's hand.

This has been explained to a couple of other people before. I am laughed at, scoffed at, even told that I am fool, or that I am lying, or that I must be doing horrible things.
I won't deny that I am a fool and that I have done horrible things.

But I also know that the Lord has a better work for me. I don't know it yet. I don't see it yet. He has kept it from me, because He knows me, and understands to teach me, to hide pride from me, and to show me at a time that proves to me that it was not of my own imagination, or of my own thinking, or of my own work, that anything good at taken place.
I have cried, a little. I have cried to Him a lot, in my heart. Tears do not come easy. He says do not be calloused, but in some ways I am calloused. Is there a purpose for it? There must be.

And there are many things here still not shared that would contribute, but I think the point has been made.

I am very interested in learning who has come up with these characteristics, these definitions, and I want to read all of them, and I want to know who thought of them, and gathered them, and explained them.
I want the whole package, if you will.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Then I will invest my time in this endeavor, my Brother. I will commit the remainder of my time on ATS in sharing what I have been given in determining our place and function in the Body of Christ. And then I will have to leave ATS, because I've been instructed to do so.
There was something I was supposed to do, then I was supposed to leave and never look back. I thought I had figured out what it was, but apparently what I tentatively concluded was something more of my own conclusions than what God actually intended. I prayed much about it yesterday, for a willing spirit and divine inspiration to complete the task that I felt I had figured out I was supposed to do. But, now I know that this prayer was answered today as to what I'm actually supposed to do with the certainty that can only be given by the Spirit.

All of your questions in your reply have an answer and will be addressed. You will have the spiritual resolve that you seek in regard to this matter.
I have three small chldren and very full day to day responsibilities. For example, I am about to leave to help my Kindergartener (middle child) with a school project. There are other things going on that I will share with you in a private email.
Having said all that, anytime I have a free moment to do so, I will continue to post all I have to give you on this thread. Feel free to email me as well, but I would like to share the process itself with anyone else that may be interested.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
And my wife recently, before she changed her mind, used to say, "Why do you keep helping people?

So I can tell you without shame that I have these in my favor:
SERVING, TEACHING, GIVING, MERCY

A few days ago I watched a video by Francis Chan that gives a powerful illustration of this principle...

The premise is that God HEARS the prayers of those who are obedient.

Is God Hearing Your Prayers?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Characteristics of the gift of SERVING

-uncanny ability to see practical needs and a desire to meet those needs
-joy in serving others when it gives them time to perform more important or needed tasks
-tend to disregard personal health, comfort or convenience when given the opportunity to help others
-difficulty in saying "No", often leading to too many commitments and getting sidetracked
-a special enjoyment in providing for the physical needs and comforts for others
-uncanny ability to remember others' likes and dislikes
-a longing to be appreciated and for conformation that their help is necessary and satisfactory
-desires clear, concise instructions, preferably without any time constraints
-compulsive desire to be with others, thus providing more opportunities to serve
-great satisfaction derived from a variety of short-range projects, with a tendency to become frustrated with long-range responsibilities
-tendency to feel inadequate and unqualified for spiritual leadership

Misuse of the gift of SERVICE:

-neglecting home responsibilities to help others
-accepting too many jobs at one time
-tendency to wear self out physically
-too persistent in giving unrequested help to others
-circumventing protocol in order to get the job done
-excluding others from helping
-interfering with God's timing by helping prematurely
-hurt by perceived ungratefulness of those who were helped
-getting sidetracked while working on something else

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Characteristics of the gift of TEACHING

-compulsive need to validate truth; to certify statements made by others
-tendency to validate a new truth by already established systems of truth
-compelled to give teaching credentials &/or credentials of authority before speaking to others, and to ask for those credentials from others before listening
-compulsive desire to present truth in a systematic sequence
-great satisfaction & fulfillment in researching and reporting as many facts on a subject as possible
-emphatic about the importance and accuracy of reporting
-uncanny ability to retain factual details
-uncanny alertness to factual details not noticed or mentioned by others
-tendency to remain silent and attentive until all information has been heard, observed &/or discussed
-compulsive need to exercise diligence and endurance
-become sidetracked from current assignments when made aware of opportunities to explore new information

Misuse of the gift of TEACHING:

-being prideful of their knowledge
-denigrating towards the practical wisdom of uneducated people
-holds doubt and skepticism toward other teachers
-disregards sound teaching based on menial technical flaws
-inclined to depend on human reason, rather than the teaching of the Holy Spirit
-gives information for the sake of informing; information with no practical application
-tendency to bore listeners with menial details and research
-retreating into their own world of books

edit on 19-3-2013 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join