It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have two questions for any Paranormal Groups out there with Ghost hunting experience.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
First, I don't personally go out and actively look for life after death "proof". I know in my heart that whatever we are, some of of essence goes on (the old, energy can't be destroyed, only changed theory). This came up as I was talking with my son and some of his friends. They had recently gone out to an abandoned hospitol (Glen Dale near Annapolis, MD - Supposedly abandoned for 32 years). I was concerned that playing around there may not be a very good idea. Although exciting and fun, they could inadvertently bring unwanted "guests" back home with them.

I have two questions:

#1. We have all heard of instances where it seems that something has followed an investigator home after an investigation. This seems to be a real issue. Is there some process or prayer that investigators (or your average Joe) can do, or should do, to keep this from happening or at the least, help minimize the potential? Thanks -

#2. During the holidays, we have people visiting from out of town and we take family pictures. I have noticed on these pictures (D70 Nikon and the iPhone 5), I often capture orbs around and sometimes on, my visiting family members. I too am somewhat suspect about "orb" pictures but the curious thing is that they just do not show up during other times. This year I have made it a point to take pictures around the house before anyone shows up and I DO NOT capture orbs. One could argue that the more people in the house like during the holidays, the more likelihood that there is more dust, etc., that gets thrown up into the air (more activity, more floating dust). My gut thinking is that we see more orbs because relatives on the other-side want to join in on the festivities. Do you have any reader reports of similar increase in orb activity during holidays or other family activities? Thanks -

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

Most of the orbs people catch are nothing more than dust or a fly flying around, but I did see a little light in the dark one time and didn't come from a light source and it had an orange glow but in the middle of the room and than faded. Yes if you open communication than you open the door and it`s what you let out that follows you and will bring an unbalance in your life and with it chaos.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarriorOfLight96

Most of the orbs people catch are nothing more than dust or a fly flying around, but I did see a little light in the dark one time and didn't come from a light source and it had an orange glow but in the middle of the room and than faded. Yes if you open communication than you open the door and it`s what you let out that follows you and will bring an unbalance in your life and with it chaos.

That's kind of what I told them.It's fun and all that when your younger but like you said, one needs to be cautious. Better to just stay away from this sort of "fun".

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Interesting questions. I don't know anything about #1. I don't understand 'the other side' at all, which is why I personally will never do ghost investigations or conduct EVP sessions. I don't want to open the door to something that I don't understand. Ok, yeah... I'm chicken.
That's another way to put it.

With #2, your thought process with the idea of dust getting kicked up is just what I was thinking. But unless your guests are literally showing up with a lot of travel dust on their clothes, it doesn't seem to fully account for the big increase in orbs with their arrival. I assume you clean your house pretty well before company comes over, so one would think there would be dust kicked up (if there was going to be) in the "before" pictures you took. You've done a good job of trying to debunk them yourself.

Would you be open to sharing a few orb pictures? You can block out any family member faces to try to keep it anonymous.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by VegHead

Interesting questions. I don't know anything about #1. I don't understand 'the other side' at all, which is why I personally will never do ghost investigations or conduct EVP sessions. I don't want to open the door to something that I don't understand. Ok, yeah... I'm chicken.
That's another way to put it.

With #2, your thought process with the idea of dust getting kicked up is just what I was thinking. But unless your guests are literally showing up with a lot of travel dust on their clothes, it doesn't seem to fully account for the big increase in orbs with their arrival. I assume you clean your house pretty well before company comes over, so one would think there would be dust kicked up (if there was going to be) in the "before" pictures you took. You've done a good job of trying to debunk them yourself.

Would you be open to sharing a few orb pictures? You can block out any family member faces to try to keep it anonymous.

Yes!
I'll do it. Check back in a day (at work now). I'll have to do it tonight.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

You have good senses, you know by instinct what to follow and children are always curious by nature and I cant wait to see the pictures of these orbs.

Take care my friend.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

So, I tried to post 5 pictures using Photobucket. Not sure of the quality but I know the ATS'ers will certainly let me know.
I blotted out the faces only.
You should notice the orb on one, and only one, of my son's legs. Keeps showing in the same area. Strange for a dust ball to do that.

s1247.beta.photobucket.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Thank you so much for sharing your pictures. I admire people who are willing to share their paranormal photos and open themselves up to scrutiny. That isn't an easy thing to do, but it allows for discussion that couldn't otherwise happen. So kudos, and thank you.

I do indeed see the orbs in question. When looking at pictures like this, I don't know how to tell the difference between dust and a spirit orb or energy or something else entirely. I will try to look even closer when I have more time, but for now I can only confirm that I do see the orbs in your pictures.

I think the most compelling part of your story is the circumstances. That you only see these orbs at family gatherings and/or the holidays. The further support this idea, I would suggest that the next time you have visitors over who are NOT family and it is NOT a holiday, snap some pictures. See what you get. If it is dust kicked up from having more people around, you'd expect to see some orbs. If, however, it is indeed spirit energy attached to family members that like to show up on special occasions, you would not see them.

Orbs are tough to debunk, because even running the above "experiment" is full of problems. If you did capture an orb when other non-family was over, would that debunk the pictures you have already posted? No... because alleged spirit orbs look so much like dust... anyone who takes pictures on a regular basis will sometimes capture random "orbs" of dust/moisture/bugs.

Like I said, though, I think the most compelling aspect to your pictures and your story is the timing and consistency. Keep track of these orbs, keep a log if you have the time. Note everytime you capture an orb - whether you believe it to be paranormal or not - and describe the circumstances of the photo. That will give you a better view if there is truly a pattern as solid as you believe, or if maybe you are only watching for and noting the orbs that show up when you have come to expect them to show up. KWIM?

Thanks again for sharing, I hope someone with more experience with orbs can comment further on your pictures.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Good point about strangers. I'll try that.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
If proof you seek.

Proof I can help you find.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Question: When I click on one of the photo links posted above, it appears everyone can see my PhotoBucket account. Is this true or can you only see the picture?
Thanks

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I can see the pictures in your photobucket account, but they are just the ones you posted. I can post the pictures here below (using the link from photobucket) if you would rather people see your entire account. That way they don't have to click on links or even go to your account. If you'd rather I take these down, I can delete them - or you can delete them out of your photobucket (either way would remove the pictures below - as they are linked directly to photobucket and not saved anywhere else):

So the second and third ones are the orb ones...

Hopefully more people will look at your pictures if they don't have to click a link to your photobucket account.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

No, thanks.= for showing this. I'll have to figure this out one day.

I appreciate it!

top topics

join