It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Math & reality?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
How mnay people feel that math is the key to cracking all of lifes codes? Is this the message that the matrix is trying to portray metaphorically?

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by BirdsEyeView
How mnay people feel that math is the key to cracking all of lifes codes? Is this the message that the matrix is trying to portray metaphorically?

An ongoing discussion (from a Secret Society perspective) here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Got a real grin over Mirthful's response... yeah, I hated math, too.

No, I don't think you can quantify eveything that someone is (or anything is) with a set of numbers. I'm not sure you could do it with the maths of chaos.

And the message of The Matrix is "I'm a thirty-something guy and I got this really whacky concept and I think we can make a boatload of money from it. Wanna invest in my comic book/movie series/action toy products/tee shirt line/ books/Halloween costumes/etc?

[edit on 1-11-2004 by Byrd]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Okay, math is what has gotten us to where we are in technology today so obviously nature has a mathematical code that once formulated and appiled results in a discoveries useful to mankinds development. From ancient babylonian to Einstein it has vastly contributed to our evolution, mentally and physically. Perhaps it might one day lead us to an andvancement unconcievable to you or I...

I believe that math can even so be apllied on an emotional developmental scale where in a sense of using formulas to determine one position and needed take to prosper.

I queried that the making of the martix was an enlargment or METAPHOR if you will on what events are occuring and are to be in the near future.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Or so I was told by my college advisor, Dr. C Brase who learned from Dr. S. Ulam.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
[EDIT] Will rewrite answer in another way later on tonight.

[edit on 11/1/2004 by swintersVT]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
not reading my post right

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Math is a universal language capable of explaining almost every aspect in our lives. As we create rules/equations to understand and predict aspects of life we run into anomalies or new factors. Since we know these anomalies or factors exist, we must adapt our previous rules/equations to allow for the new anomaly or factor. The pattern repeats itself as long as new unknowns develop. This is one of the main concepts in the matrix.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I can tell you only one thing:

I studied PRIME NUMBERS, and every single prime number articulates a whole function perfectly.

The trick is: to know which prime number articulates WHICH function.

Higher math is redundant. All we ever have to do is add and subtract.

Chai

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Good one swinters

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by BirdsEyeView

Math is great, because it allows us to see the connections between things, but as for a pure math, it can�t explain anything. Physics is the key, not numbers.

top topics

join