It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Snails taking over!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by theone88

I wonder if there is a spray to kill off these snails.

Spray?

more like a baseball bat!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I see snails all the time in my back yard. They are tiny! like a few milimeters at best....

But seeing these in my yard, I would grab a basebal bat, or a bazooka (lol). And then yell "honey! Get the water boilling I just figured out dinner!"

Oh and I would like a pet one also, just to see the cats and dog's reaction

And I would call it SLICK!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs

I wonder if there is a spray to kill off these snails.

Spray?

more like a baseball bat!

Beat me to it!!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by tetra50
reply to post by theone88

The ones I've observed in fishtanks generally engage in mating 24/7, so maybe this won't be so much of a threat.

Uhhhhhhhhhh . . . one would assume . . .

assume, I say . . .

that you are aware

. . . of the RESULTS . . . of

mating activities?

All the resulting eggs and little snails . . . aren't figments of imaginations . . .

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
That's reason enough to have your AK-47 with 100 round magazine

Keep those things away from my garden

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by theone88

My worst nightmare. I'm leaving this world ASAP!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I am terrified of snails and slugs. Why? No idea. Probably some traumatic childhood event blocked out, but hey maybe we need these guys to eat away all the GM crops?

Wait.. What if these are some Super-Snails created by Monsanto to kill off all other crops unsuspectingly..

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissMegs
reply to post by sandman441

Pneumococcal Meningitis was my breed. It was in 1989.

My head hurt so bad I wanted to die. I was power-spewing. Off to the doctor for a great big penicillin needle in the butt. Straight off to hospital. I can just remember being confused about them wanting to do a chest xray, can recall having a lumbar puncture (which I didn't think hurt, the head hurt too much).

I got into a hospital bed, and woke up 10 days later, apparently lucky to be alive, and aware. I went through heaps of tests to check I didn't suffer brain damage, I'm really lucky.

I don't know if that strain has the same affect, but anything that squishes your brain can't be good.

On Topic: Slugs and snails do not like deodorant.......

yup that was me too, Anytime I wanted to do anything I couldn't because my head hurt too bad. I did end up going to the hospital like 4 or so days after I got it and they did a lumbar puncture on me too, it didn't hurt either, they also took 2 huge vials of blood. Anyway they put me in quarantine for about 2 days pumped me full of antibiotics and I was out.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

my understanding is that salt water snails can exist in fresh water, but not produce viable eggs, so therefore, no new snails. Just a lot of snail love.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I can see someone making a t.v show called (Hillbillies Giant Snail Catching) ha,ha. There are so many new hillbillies t.v shows it seems out there now.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Well OP, after looking at those I think Vice President Biden may be onto something with that Shotgun for defense theory. I don't think a bullet would even bother those critters. It'd take a good 12 gauge to end that slimy menace to man and vegetation alike.

I HATE snails! Hey tho..... I suppose some copious amounts of salt...Oh nvm, even those slimy beasts don't deserve that cruelty. Shotguns are quick.
(Maybe rock salt loads? I'll compromise...)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RooskiZombi
I am terrified of snails and slugs. Why? No idea. Probably some traumatic childhood event blocked out, but hey maybe we need these guys to eat away all the GM crops?

Wait.. What if these are some Super-Snails created by Monsanto to kill off all other crops unsuspectingly..

Prolly a childhood event similar to my Grandma having me go out into her garden and pour Morton's salt straight from the box, onto her garden slugs and snails, and watching them die in agony.

I am traumatized on both ends of this spectrum - I was sickened by having to kill the slugs and snails with salt as a child. I was also sickened by watching my elephant slug devour every inch of my water plants in my fish tank, in just a few days.

It's all bad... My recommendation - avoid these creatures on principal, or risk overall disgust...

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
They're here to solve the worldwide hunger problem!!! YAY!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

lol I think when the DHS ordered 2.7m SLUGS they were sent the wrong stuff hahaha

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33
I just bought a humor book called 50 ways to kill a slug, and it actually has quite a bit of interesting methods to kill slugs "humanely"...

I will be putting this book to good use if I start seeing this demonic snail species plague these lands. Prepare for war gentlemen.
edit on 14-3-2013 by Clisen33 because: (no reason given)

SLUGS, The secret weapon.......... You ever go fishing with slugs? They are fish magnets of the highest order. Every cast that I have done with a slug on a hook has been gobbled and hooked within seconds. And at the very most, less than a minute. I swear this is true, I have done this in North Carolina on the Pee Dee River, fishing catfish and Brim.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

Snails react the same to salt correct? So wouldn't it be easiest to just surround your crops with bags and bags of rock salt? Wouldn't cost near as much as the snails eating your crops.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Giant Snails taking over!

motherboard.vice.com

Snails the size of footballs are sludging their way across the world, killing crops and carrying meningitis along with them.

Known as giant east African snails, the invasive species has recently been discovered infiltrating Florida, nations in both Central and South America, and, most recently, Australia. The specimens are rather terrifying, seeing as how they can grow up to a foot long, weigh in at over two pounds, are capable of eating over 500 different species, can lay 1,200 eggs a year, a
(visit the link for the full news article)
[...]
Source: www.health.gov.tt...

edit on 14-3-2013 by theone88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2013 by theone88 because: (no reason given)

Now we have something worthwhile to do with all the Milwaukee's Best beer that's currently rotting the guts of alcoholics across this country.

Or, we could invite the French.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Ugh. God. *shudders all over*

This tickles every single disgust receptor I have. Logically, I know it is probably wrong to think this, but I can't help leaning toward wanting to kill all of them.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This looks like a job for a pot of boiling water and some garlic butter. But not before holding them in a tub somewhere and cleaning out their systems for a few days.

Their meat must be cleaner than genetically modified and cloned cows and chickens. They are so big that I'd have to cut off their heads before eating them. If people in Florida eat alligator they can eat snail.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by unknown32
I can see someone making a t.v show called (Hillbillies Giant Snail Catching) ha,ha. There are so many new hillbillies t.v shows it seems otut there now.

Yeah there does seem to be a lot of hillbilly reality TV shows on. But its always nice to have different types of shows on TV.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join