It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Snails taking over!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Oh...My...God!

That is just...the weirdest thing. Eeeeew!

I find your response cute. Kinda like this.

I haven't seen a snail outside in almost 10 years. Don't ask how, lol. Anybody think that the size could be related to the food being modified? Like.. their bodies may adapt to the poison in the food naturally making them bigger. Then they may also build up resistance to the pesticides through breeding? Idk.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I always knew The Never Ending Story wasn't a work of fiction.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by theone88

The main symptom of eosinophillic meningitis is severe headache.

I've had meningitis (not sure which one I had I think it was B but I just wanted to say the headache is bad it's like a migraine just worse and nothing you do will get rid of it.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by theone88

You know I think those things would make pretty good bait for fishing.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

You know I think those things would make pretty good bait for fishing.

Shark fishing.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
So, here comes the one person who thinks snails are cute. Me.

I think they are cool! Not for eating, tried once, they came back up.

Snail farm anyone?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I want a pet one and call it Gary.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
As an amateur gardener I go out at dusk to kill off all slugs and snails as they eat up

all the young plants, and are mostly hidden during the day

So i'm wondering where these very big snails are going to be able to hide in my

small garden?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sandman441

Pneumococcal Meningitis was my breed. It was in 1989.

My head hurt so bad I wanted to die. I was power-spewing. Off to the doctor for a great big penicillin needle in the butt. Straight off to hospital. I can just remember being confused about them wanting to do a chest xray, can recall having a lumbar puncture (which I didn't think hurt, the head hurt too much).

I got into a hospital bed, and woke up 10 days later, apparently lucky to be alive, and aware. I went through heaps of tests to check I didn't suffer brain damage, I'm really lucky.

I don't know if that strain has the same affect, but anything that squishes your brain can't be good.

On Topic: Slugs and snails do not like deodorant.......

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia

As an amateur gardener I go out at dusk to kill off all slugs and snails as they eat up

all the young plants, and are mostly hidden during the day

So i'm wondering where these very big snails are going to be able to hide in my

small garden?

Interesting, I have friends who do that here too. You can buy a duck if you have some wet place / pond for it to hang out at. They LOVE to eat snails/slugs.

Though you made need a giant duck to eat giant snails..

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Copper will shock the living spit out of them just place copper strips around a garden and blammo electric anti snail fence

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
So a gang of snails rob a turtle. The turtle is later speaking to the police about the robbery and the police ask the turtle for details, he relies "I don't know, it all happened so fast"

Thanks, I'll be here all day......Try the veal.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
We haul these things attached to ships all over the world. They wind up in places where they have no preditor and become a problem in the environment. We also haul microbes and bugs all over the world. What fools we are.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

you know that craze going round "the s### hits the fan"

theres your diner ,get breeding those in your gardens

good tucker

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I'm sure there will be a big export market for international restaurants if marketed properly. I'm sure they're edible without any side effects. I love sizzling escargot with garlic butter and lemon (i'm not french
). They're great appetizers with drinks. Especially this one which is supposedly more filling then beef as per the article

edit on 14-3-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Bigger question: How do they taste sauteéd with a little garlic, parsley or better, cooked with an original recipe:

1/2 liter of white wine for 1 liter of water with some parsley, thyme, laurel, onion, shallot, garlic, salt and pepper, clove, and other spices if you like it: anethum, mint, carrot

edit on 14/3/13 by dutchmilpo because: typo

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I used to have a couple of fish tanks and I kept live water plants in them, not plastic. I made the mistake of getting an elephant snail once and it was disgusting. It ate all my plants. It was big enough that you could literally watch it munching its way down a plant stem and devouring it. It was an eating machine. These giant snails are very creepy, having watched that elephant snail.

Video is not mine, just a visual for you guys to see what a snail mouth looks like.
edit on 14-0320133-1313 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge

you know that craze going round "the s### hits the fan"

theres your diner ,get breeding those in your gardens

good tucker

You mean like arm'dillar'? Arm'dillar's good eat'n. You just ride over 'm and cook 'm. (tip o'the hat to the genius "commercials" in Vice-City)
edit on 14/3/13 by dutchmilpo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I'm going to be real.. it would be a lot of fun to snipe those things with 22lr all day long. Any Floridian farmers on here that need crop protection let me know.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Is it possible that they're the product of fukushima radiation reaching world wide?
This is just a wild guess.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join