It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you celebrate Christmas? You may aswell celebrate Hitler day...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Human traditions and customs make one blind and make them unaware and we had many years to unknowingly brain wash ourselves with it, the feeling one gets on the holidays and Christmas morning and the togetherness is what should be taught everyday and not once a year. We make our home on this planet and it`s filled with people who are as different as the fish in the sea and the birds in the air and it`s no wonder why things get lost in the masses.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

No, Christmas a propaganda sale scheme to have you get into debt because you are a bad person if you do not buy gifts for everybody you "love"

It has nothing to do with Jesus this days.
So as long as it make sales, Hitler day will do just as good.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
We don't know what day Jesus was born.
I don't care what day is chosen to celebrate it.
One day is as good as another.
In our house, it's a "Jesus day" .. not a secular kind of day.
I'm sure that He is happy with our INTENT ...

As for the Christmas Tree thing. Yes, we put it up. Yes, I know the Old Testament warns pagans not to do that. But I don't care. It looks nice and it's fun and I'm not worshipping anything pagan when I do it. It's just a fun thing and pretty and it's harmless ...

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I think that is rather ridiculous. I can go and do experiments to prove or dis-prove Einstein's theories, I can't go and do any kind of objective testing on god, the bible or any other mystical religious ideas. Because, as you know, it's all based on faith. Well I have faith that I am going to be handed a check for $100,000,000,000 dollars tomorrow, that doesn't mean it will happen. I also have faith that my accountant father filed my tax return, but that doesn't tell me for sure whether he did or not. I only have proof he did once the IRS deposits my refund. And that's my big problem with religion, there is no hard and fast empirical evidence proving the existence of some kind of all-powerful, omnipotent being. That, and the fact that I was forced to go to a religious school growing up, so I know all about the brainwashing that occurs there. My point is, if the religious message was so great, why do they need to brainwash us into believing? I mean, I've tried everything from talking to god, to prayer to outright taunting him to smite me, yet here I sit typing away, un-smited and un-communicated with. So I have to believe that either, he isn't there, or he is not the ever-loving father that some would tell you he is, and is just a cold, uncaring bastard.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

So let me ask you this.. Do you think Jesus would appreciate you celebrating a day which was used to belittle Jews knowing Jesus was a Jew himself and possibly the King of the Jews? You understand the very people who killed him also made this day his holiday back in the days? I don't know about you, but that sounds like an age old insult to him..

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMistro81
Reply to post by NOTurTypical

You're absolutely right. Easter and christmas have nothing to do with god or Jesus. I learned this long ago... I guess I had thought this was common knowledge. Frinds of mine who are Jehovas witnesses do not celebrate either christmas or easter... Because its paganism. Which is kinda sad for the childrens sake. Having to watch the other kids enjoy those holidays. They are right however with saying it has paganistic ties...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I never celebrated Christmas and it never bothered me a bit. Even as a child I was taught the truth about the origin of this holiday and others that are rooted in pagan beliefs and traditions.

2 Cor 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I love the fact that any time someone wants to celebrate something that brings them joy, or other people joy...

Someone wants to come along to destroy that or try to make them out as bad people.......

Im sorry........but you can kindly kiss my..............

Go be hateful other places.........were all stocked up here....

Most of us know the reasons behind Christmas, the pagan holidays and so fourth........

It takes none of the spirit out of it for us........and its still a time for us for family and friends........and has nothing to do with Hitler or anything else.........
edit on 14-3-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I can't do it, I have tried to tell them, its useless.

I know what you mean.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Go be hateful other places.........were all stocked up here

This is the problem....right there. You blindly believe we're being hateful.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

anytime you try to draw a line between what so many celebrate that is a time of family and happiness........to HITLER.....yeah......youre being hateful

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

That is so truth, I careless as long as the "holidays" (you know i have to play political correctness here), are colorful and exiting (as i look others spend their money on junk) and I love it specially if it snows during that time it makes it so classy like picture perfect.

Yes I love the "holidays" I wish they last longer, I vote for the "holidays" to start in august, keep the decorations shining.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
Do you think Jesus would appreciate you celebrating a day which was used to belittle Jews knowing Jesus ....

But that's not what I"m celebrating. The INTENT of the celebration in our home is to celebrate Jesus. Celebrate His family. Celebrate His life. Celebrate His coming. And I'm pretty sure that He's fine with that INTENT.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

anytime you try to draw a line between what so many celebrate that is a time of family and happiness........to HITLER.....yeah......youre being hateful

Well I didn't do that, and anyway...it was used to paraphrase. I'm sure you should know to differentiate.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

You can celebrate Christmas all you want, I couldn't care.. My kids celebrate christmas and they love it.. But I will teach them what it is whe they get older and its their choice after that. I'm not telling anyone what to do, but I will ask the question..

Christmas deserves to be in the West.. It fits in perfectly.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Again were suppose to believe that what youre trying to do isnt hateful........then you make statements like this........

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I don't propose to spoil Christmas for kids...they love it. We should keep it as a tradition...same as Santa. No offence intended.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Nobody knows when Jesus was born, IF he was even born or even real in the first place (not debating, just stating).

You know the term "X-mas?" Well what do you think the 'X' stands for?

Unknown, like a variable. No one knows.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Again were suppose to believe that what youre trying to do isnt hateful........then you make statements like this........

Why do you see that hateful? Am I wrong pointing out that holiday signifies a dark time for Jews in the distant past? Actually, up until the 19th century? I could call you anti-semite if I really wanted to but I wont because as much as I think Christmas has been one big bs story, I still respect your right to enjoy it and celebrate with your family.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RomeByFire

So did you read the OP or just skip the information provided?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I could call you anti-semite if I really wanted to

You basically just did by making that statement..........so why dilly dally with the pleasantries..........

Awesome so now people who celebrate christmas are anti semites.........

Just wow I think this thread just gave me cancer
edit on 14-3-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join