It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you celebrate Christmas? You may aswell celebrate Hitler day...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
So I remember telling someone here the other day that Christmas is nothing more than a Sun worshipping Pagan ritual only to be told more or less "thats ridiculous", Thats Jesus's birthday etc.. I came across an interesting page and it possibly proves that not only Christmas is a Pagan Holiday incorporated by Christianity but also a very anti-semite holiday up until the 18th century. Some of the things that have happened over time aren't just offensive to Jews but have got a few of them killed also. So how do Christians celebrate Christmas when its obvious it has nothing to do with Jesus let alone their Faith?

A. Roman pagans first introduced the holiday of Saturnalia, a week long period of lawlessness celebrated between December 17-25. During this period, Roman courts were closed, and Roman law dictated that no one could be punished for damaging property or injuring people during the weeklong celebration. The festival began when Roman authorities chose “an enemy of the Roman people” to represent the “Lord of Misrule.”

Doesn't seem to bad..

Each Roman community selected a victim whom they forced to indulge in food and other physical pleasures throughout the week. At the festival’s conclusion, December 25th, Roman authorities believed they were destroying the forces of darkness by brutally murdering this innocent man or woman.

No mention of Jews but it seems these people used evil to deal with evil. Interesting. I wonder what it says about some of the things we do at Christmas? What about Christmas carolling?

Christians had little success, however, refining the practices of Saturnalia. As Stephen Nissenbaum, professor history at the University of Massachussetts, Amherst, writes, “In return for ensuring massive observance of the anniversary of the Savior’s birth by assigning it to this resonant date, the Church for its part tacitly agreed to allow the holiday to be celebrated more or less the way it had always been.” The earliest Christmas holidays were celebrated by drinking, sexual indulgence, singing naked in the streets (a precursor of modern caroling), etc.

Kissing Under the Mistletoe?

The Origin of Mistletoe
Norse mythology recounts how the god Balder was killed using a mistletoe arrow by his rival god Hoder while fighting for the female Nanna. Druid rituals use mistletoe to poison their human sacrificial victim. The Christian custom of “kissing under the mistletoe” is a later synthesis of the sexual license of Saturnalia with the Druidic sacrificial cult.

This just keeps getting better.. The Jewish celebrations.

Some of the most depraved customs of the Saturnalia carnival were intentionally revived by the Catholic Church in 1466 when Pope Paul II, for the amusement of his Roman citizens, forced Jews to race naked through the streets of the city. An eyewitness account reports, “Before they were to run, the Jews were richly fed, so as to make the race more difficult for them and at the same time more amusing for spectators. They ran… amid Rome’s taunting shrieks and peals of laughter, while the Holy Father stood upon a richly ornamented balcony and laughed heartily.”

As part of the Saturnalia carnival throughout the 18th and 19th centuries CE, rabbis of the ghetto in Rome were forced to wear clownish outfits and march through the city streets to the jeers of the crowd, pelted by a variety of missiles. When the Jewish community of Rome sent a petition in1836 to Pope Gregory XVI begging him to stop the annual Saturnalia abuse of the Jewish community, he responded, “It is not opportune to make any innovation. On December 25, 1881, Christian leaders whipped the Polish masses into Antisemitic frenzies that led to riots across the country. In Warsaw 12 Jews were brutally murdered, huge numbers maimed, and many Jewish women were raped. Two million rubles worth of property was destroyed.

Now I don't know about you people but don't you find that sickening? I understand no-one likely does that today (Well I hope not) but how can you associate this celebration with something that has been pretty damn satanic throughout history? Not only that, you have allowed this to be incorporated with the birth of your Lord and Saviour..

Now some may say, we don't celebrate those things, its a time to get together with family, have fun or whatever but think about it like this. Imagine if 500 years down the track some decided to use the day and Month Jews were gassed for you to celebrate a family get together, throw a few gifts around.. Would you look at the date the same as you would Christmas or would your refuse to celebrate that day?

Heres the facts.

The Christmas Challenge

1) Christmas has always been a holiday celebrated carelessly. For millennia, pagans, Christians, and even Jews have been swept away in the season’s festivities, and very few people ever pause to consider the celebration’s intrinsic meaning, history, or origins.

2) Christmas celebrates the birth of the Christian god who came to rescue mankind from the “curse of the Torah.” It is a 24-hour declaration that Judaism is no longer valid.

3) Christmas is a lie. There is no Christian church with a tradition that Jesus was really born on December 25th.

4) December 25 is a day on which Jews have been shamed, tortured, and murdered.

5) Many of the most popular Christmas customs – including Christmas trees, mistletoe, Christmas presents, and Santa Claus – are modern incarnations of the most depraved pagan rituals ever practiced on earth.

Now I know why I don't celebrate Christmas.. No doubt this is also a Pagan Sun worship ritual also

Christmas

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Were you talking to a child? Most Christians know Christ was born in September.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Actually, I was talking to someone here.. But anyway, knowing this is a Pagan holiday and most Christians would go with the Jesus B'day, how can we as a culture still accept a holiday like this knowing that its history is shredded in darkness? Even if every Christian knew this wasn't his Birthday, how can you still celebrate a holiday that has been anti-semite over the last 2000 years while we defend Israel at the same time? We would want to hope they don't know about these satanic persecutions we mysteriously celebrate especially if they gain any power in this world somewhere down the track..

edit on 13-3-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Don't mean to interrupt your conversation, but it has been my experience that most Christians do not know Christ was not born on Christmas. Nor have I heard it discussed in any church services or Mass.

Serious question:

If most of them do know he wasn't born when they said he was, why do Christians (and the rest of us) still celebrate Christmas in December and not September?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

It's a secular national holiday, it has nothing to do with Christianity or Jesus. The RCC incorporated Christ into a pagan holiday that greatly pre-dates Christianity. It traces back to Babylon, and in fact in the OT God instructs Jews who left Babylon NOT to cut trees for their homes and adorn them with gold and silver.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Actually, I was talking to someone here.. But anyway, knowing this is a Pagan holiday and most Christians would go with the Jesus B'day, how can we as a culture still accept a holiday like this knowing that its history is shredded in darkness? Even if every Christian knew this wasn't his Birthday, how can you still celebrate a holiday that has been anti-semite over the last 2000 years while we defend Israel at the same time? We would want to hope they don't know about these satanic persecutions we mysteriously celebrate especially if they gain any power in this world somewhere down the track..

edit on 13-3-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

Well most of society is secular.

Jesus was born somewhere between the 2nd through the 9th of September in 2 BC.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I'm glad to see that you are keen to the truth.

So why does the Church continue to pass Christmas off as a holiday celebrating the birth of Jesus? Could it be the same reason the Roman Catholic Church incorporated Jesus into a pagan holiday........to put butts in the pews?
edit on 13-3-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Well thats just horrible... However, I and my family will still happily celebrate christmas just the same. And personally, I wont feel the least bit bad about it. So whats your point? Trying to kill christmas? Lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Well thats just horrible... However, I and my family will still happily celebrate christmas just the same. And personally, I wont feel the least bit bad about it. So whats your point? Trying to kill christmas? Lol

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Well I would find this insulting, wouldn't you?

mas [mɑːs]
n
1. Caribbean a carnival
2. (Music, other) music played for a carnival, or a band playing this

Christ-carnival on a Pagan Holiday? Maybe we should start burning stuff down running down the street naked with a Santa hat on urinating on every Jew we come across.. Or find a homeless man, offer him 20c and then kick him in the guts.. This should be insulting to you just because Christ is in the name and its taking a lot of credibility away from your religion. Do you think Jesus would want you celebrating this holiday in his name whether you know its is birthday or not?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

I'm glad to see that you are keen to the truth.

So why does the Church continue to pass Christmas off as a holiday celebrating the birth of Jesus? Could it be the same reason the Roman Catholic Church incorporated Jesus into a pagan holiday........to put butts in the pews?
edit on 13-3-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

The problem was when Constantine's 2nd successor, Theodocius I made Christianity the official religion of the Roman Empire. The government pagan priests just changed the color of their robes, and replaced their amulets with crucifixes and continued teaching the same paganism wrapped in Christian terms. But their holidays and rituals trace directly back to the mystery religions of Babylon. That's why they venerate Mary, she substitutes the place of Semeramis in the ancient Babylonian religion as well as the baptism of infants.

edit on 13-3-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Sorry OP but most Pagans do not believe in Satan..

why did you even bring that up?

I didn't see Satan anywhere in your post..

but i saw the word satanic..

Care to explain...choose wisely here....

lot's of Pagans are members here..

We know our history well..

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMistro81

Thats fine, I eve have a gift suggestion for your kids.. Print off the link and then buy them a WW2 book.. They are celebrating Christmas and learning a bit of history at the same time.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Well I would find this insulting, wouldn't you?

mas [mɑːs]
n
1. Caribbean a carnival
2. (Music, other) music played for a carnival, or a band playing this

Christ-carnival on a Pagan Holiday? Maybe we should start burning stuff down running down the street naked with a Santa hat on urinating on every Jew we come across.. Or find a homeless man, offer him 20c and then kick him in the guts.. This should be insulting to you just because Christ is in the name and its taking a lot of credibility away from your religion. Do you think Jesus would want you celebrating this holiday in his name whether you know its is birthday or not?

It doesn't insult me, I'm not a Catholic.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Reply to post by DarknStormy

I really dont need your suggestions on what to get my kids for christmas... Thats really a silly suggestion anyway. For one thing, they learn alot about history already, and I help them with that. And two, I find history books to be, how should I word this... Not usually correct, and somewhat bias?
Its obvious you have reservations about christmas, but dont try pushing that off on everyone else too.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I'm impressed by your depth of knowledge. Not many people, including many of the faithful, take the time to understand the roots and history of their religions.

But I have to ask, why continue to observe Christmas when it's rooted in paganism?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

So you don't see nothing evil or satanic about raping Jewish women because they are sick of being humiliated in front of people? Murdered because they are Jews? Its not about whether its devil worship, its the acts that are committed. I associate evil with satan and it doesn't matter what religion or ideology it is.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMistro81

I'm not, I'm just showing you why its ridiculous.. It has nothing to do with Christianity yet its labelled after the God of that religion.. My kids celebrate Christmas, do you think I'm going to cancel the happiest time of the year for them?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Just wondering...

Where did you get September?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

What is Pagan history? Is it like Stonehedge sort of stuff?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join