It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans could live to 150 with new drug developed from red wine

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
since when is the earth overpopulated?

Watch what happens when the SHTF. You'll see how 7 billion people "get along" on this little rock. When our systems of economics and government disintegrate, it will be plainly obvious that there are too many people on this planet.

The silver lining (although I'm hesitant to call it that) is that when the S does HTF in spectacular fashion, 90% of the population will be gone in a week--not due to any NWO/DHS roundup and extermination, but simply because most people today are completely oblivious to the fact that water comes from springs, not plastic bottles at Walmart. Heat doesn't come from the vent in the wall, there is a fire somewhere producing that energy. No one knows how to make fire anymore. That Hamburger you bought for your Helper doesn't grow that way. Somebody killed a cow and ran it through a meat grinder.

Maybe it's not the size of the population that is at issue... it might be the quality of the population.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Red Red Wine

this is UB40 version, I think it's the best. there have been many different version done. the only other one i like is the original, by neil diamond.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

That's great, so now we will have people collecting social security for 70+ years........ SWEET!!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
So who is funding this research? The wine growers
I have my doubts if people will live to a hundred fifty years old if they just take this pill. Where is the list of side effects from taking the drug.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Ever been to India or China? Somehow I am betting not...

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
It would be wonderful to extend our maximum life span, however one still must put a substantial effort to nurture one self through out the life... unfortunately the vast majority of human beings pass due to sickness.

Recent study in Longetivity of Korean centenarians show interestingly that to reach just about 100 years requires:

1. Proper Diet
  2. Proper Exercise
  3. Fresh Air

All of the individuals in the study spend 60% of their time outside. With the hectic schedules and office lives of today, even when 150 becomes possible, we still have to a road to go to reach 100...

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Humans already live to about 140 check out the Hunza tribe from Pakistan.

But the use of fluoride and the poisons they put into our food plus all the petrol that we breathe ensures we only live to around 75 years. I don't really understand why we allow the elite to do this but fluoride stunts the growth of our brains and attacks a region of the brain which makes us docile and compliant.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

The world is not overpopulated its just that you read that it is.

In India alone the land along the river Ganges is so fertile it's able to provide food for the entire world on its own.

Stop believing what the media tell you

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Yeah, and by then maybe we'll have those flying cars they keep promising??? You know, the ones that run on atomic fuel??

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

That's a little different than the EARTH though....Don'tcha think??

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

This.

There is so much space still unclaimed, and plenty of resources for everyone.

How is that overpopulated?

There are poor people because there are mega rich people holding their share... that's not wanting to share and greed, not over population.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I know when I am drinking red wine I feel like I and 150 the next morning

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

While I wouldn't want to live to age 150 I think they are being over-enthusiastic about this. Trust me, if there were something in red wine that makes you live longer everyone in my family for generations would still be alive and kicking.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
Having read the article at hand there are a few things that could be stated:

While living to 150 may seem like a good idea, there are so many different problems that is not mentioned or addressed, it should be. With the aging of the body, there are changes that occure steadily, from the brain to the bones, and all parts in between. So while it may seem like a good idea, will it halt the progress of stay bone lose? Will it reverse say bad eye sight, or even prevent the skin from thining out? Then there is one final problem that is not mentioned and it should be and that is the brain.

Of all of the organs of the body that is the least known it is the brain that should be of the most concern. As a person ages, the rate of dementia increases, right now it is projected that a silver tsunami is about to hit hard with the numbers of persons affected by diseases like Alzheimers is going to affect many countries around the world, including the USA, as the baby boomers start to retire and get to that age, and there is not enough health care professionals around to assist in that.

Do you prolong the life of a person who has either started to develop or may develop that horrible disease, to where they are 90, could live to be 150 and have the mind of a child, unable to function? There are so many things that have not been addressed or considered in this process it may not be the blessing it is proported to be, but a curse that could come back to affect us all.

I think the article addresses this somewhat. It says that the drug would also prevent Alzheimers and 20 other diseases. It would slow the aging process.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

That's great, so now we will have people collecting social security for 70+ years........ SWEET!!!!

Lol, no, we'll just have to bump it up eligibility to 125, and if we do, look at the bright side...after paying in for 100+ years, it will be one hell of a monthly check...if the gubment don't still find a way to get it.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The earth isn't overpopulated and even if it was, I'm not going to let my parents and myself die just as a sacrifice to "Mother Nature". We don't owe the earth anything, it is inanimate. Not that we shouldn't protect the environment but I don't think we have a moral obligation to control our population, and I also think it's foolish to not live longer if we have a chance to.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
I dont see alot of people who really want to live... i doubt long life spans will be a problem for the religious.

A major portion of the world spends its time trying to find a socialy acceptable way to die, be it drugs, wars, or the bottle.

Well let's not let those emos ruin it for those of us who actually do want to live indefinitely.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

Originally posted by CraftBuilder
We've lost 40% of the worlds forest in the last 50 years alone.

Due to greed for profit and wast-full consumerism .
(not population)

The elite love Malthusianism because it puts the blame on the common person and not on themselves. They would love to convince people it's the breeders and not the greeders who are the problem!

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

We've lost 40% of the worlds forest in the last 50 years alone.

Due to greed for profit and wast-full consumerism .
(not population)

If you overpopulate Earth with greedy, consuming humans, that's what your gonna get.
(See, we can argue semantics endlessly.)

edit on 11-3-2013 by CraftBuilder because: I added parentheses around my needless explaination like you did.

Why do Malthusians such as yourself always refer to people as "humans"? Do you not consider human who are not your kin to be "people"?

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Today my mom bought Reservitrol at the store. She has MS and thought it might help her. I have never heard of it until reading this headline and her buying it in the same day. It seemed strange. Anyway, I hope it does help people with some health issues, but as far as living until we're 150, I doubt it. As time progresses, humans become more and more unhealthy. The damage will be done. This drug might add a few years, but I doubt that many since people are scarfing down big macs every day.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join