It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dying in your dreams...what happened to you afterwards??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cruff
reply to post by solarstorm

That makes sense - it's funny...my dream was about a skyscraper being destroyed and right now in the real world my company has been sold to an investment company.

Ah. This is "The Tower", the 16th Trump. Depicts a tall building being destroyed, with people falling from it.

The significance of the tower is sudden change, usually catastrophic; explosive transformation, death of hopes.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I've died a few times in dreams, generally my nightmares that are NOT SP dreams are anxiety dreams of some sort. Generally featuring my Army period.

So far, I've fallen ice climbing, I've fallen several times free climbing when my pitons or ropes came loose. I've been shot, I've been disarming an IED and it went off, I've been setting up contact breakers and then kicked my own trip wires. A couple of electrocutions, a drowning, endless repeats of that cutaway experience where I didn't get the main canopy released in time, or did and realized I didn't have a reserve, or the reserve didn't open, or that I'd jumped and forgotten to put the chute on at all.

Usually, I wake up, if not, then it's blackness, followed by chaotic lights and sounds, and I 'wake up' into another dream sequence.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I dreamed of the rapture a few nights ago ... weird too. It was random. Awesome dream though. I was so overwhelmed with excitement it hurt. I looked up, saw a bright light, and I started shooting upwards. Then i became aware in the dream because I didn't know what was next, and some how that ticked I was in a dream and I woke up. Aggravated me; i was so excited in the dream it carried over to consciousness.

I've noticed in most of my dreams I become aware, but if I focus on becoming to aware, I'll wake up. In the dream, when I become aware, I have to ignore the fact it is a dream. Sometimes in my dream I'll know exactly what will happen in my dreams before they really begin. Its like watching a movie of myself While knowing its just a movie and observing ( while knowing how it will end, sometimes.). It's pretty cool. No idea how I do that stuff.
edit on 12-3-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Hey neat thread man, nice to see a thread like this. Everynight I dream of a lot and I can recall em as if I existed someplace else, some dreams I was abducted and takin to a sandy like planet, with purple waters, but thats another tale of a dream I can tell hehe.

I had one dream so far of dying, and I remember it like yesterday. I had drempt that I had died in bed, I think I was an old man then. I was lyin there in a single sized bed, my blankets were green with your basic white sheets and one brownish pillow with lil sqaure designs on it. I remember lyin in my bed all day. Lookin at my beedroom walls, I can see this sunlight travel across my white walls as time passes. Until it was about 8ish, or 9pm, I felt my left foot becommin numb.. as if u had a sleepy foot. Then after that feeeling it felt prickly sensation. This feelin spread upwards to my legs, then to my body. I couldnt not move my hands or arms, was soo numb and prickly. I can then hear ringin sounds gettin louder and louder and then suddendly a loud POP.. I wasnt dead yet but I couldnt hear a thing. I slowly fell into a fade and then into darkness. Blackness was here all around me for a long time, until one spec of light apears, yet distant far away. Another dot of light pops up followin another and more everywhere around me. All the lights then started to rotate clockwise and then they moved towards me real fast in a spiral motion, I think I was in space, movin fast.. thats all I remeber of this dream hehe.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SlackOps

Yeah, I definitely think there is a corellation between some aspects of dreams and the physical body. I know that in one dream of mine I was trying to crack my back and in reality I had twisted myself into some stupid position and my back was very sore afterwards!

I've had similar dreams to yours where someone you know goes missing or dies and you feel like crap - the feeling definitely can continue on into the waking hours. Thankfully, I haven't had any dreams of yours where someone has died in a dream and then they have in reality. There's obviously more to the dream world than a lot of people give it credit.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Indeed, I remember that Tarot card. In reality, thankfully the sale of my company hasn't been such a big deal as we thought it might be (yet!) so that's one good thing!

Although, our building being destroyed and rebuilt would at least get a new paint job and carpet in here haha.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Damn, sounds like you have had some pretty serious and nasty death dreams. I can't remember any particular sounds as such when I died and went to this "other place". Interesting stuff!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Cool stuff, sounds like you have worked out some ways of handling yourself in your dream! I have had lucid dreams and knew what was going to happen next as I was fashioning my reality but haven't had one for a while that I can remember now. The rapture dream you had sounds pretty cool!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MDB101

Glad you are enjoying the thread!
I'm enjoying reading all the different responses too!

Sounds like a pretty cool dream with all the different lights coming into existence. Maybe you were in a wormhole?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Cruff

I've had quite a few dreams I've died. Honestly nothing exciting happens. Sometimes i imagine it to be painful, other times it's peaceful and painless. Some dreams i wake up at that moment, other dreams that's the last thing I remember but didn't wake up. Some I die, but then i'm someone else, or i'm alive again like kids video games.

Nothing momentous.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I once died in a dream,

I shot myself in the head (Zombies everywhere and it was the only option)

Everything went White, brilliant white but I felt warm and I had a sensation I was floating. All my troubles seemed to drift away and I woke up with tears in my eyes. Not of sadness or anything just witnessing something so beautiful.

I have no idea why because I know it was just a dream, but I am not really that scared of dying anymore. I don't want to die, but it doesn't scare me as much.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
A couple of hours ago I awoke from a dream, remembering most of it. So i grabbed a piece of paper and started to note down what I had dreamt;

1. I was on a bus with a former girlfriend of mine , We stepped of at a bus stop, where I was suppose to take my moped and drive to a place on the the other side of the island.
2. Somehow I forgot to take the moped, and we walked instead. about 1-2 kilometers of walking, I suddenly remembered that I had a moped downtown, that I had forgot. I don't remember where we were going, but the direction. Then I decided to turn back and get the moped, being tired of walking.
3. All of a sudden, I was near my childhood-house -area and heading for the bus stop in (1), say 150 meters from it.
Thats where the weird things started happening.
4. 20 meters after popping up in the location, There was a basketball hoop (?) placed in the side of the road, where its completely malplaced, and I slam dunked it without a ball.
I started running for the bus stop.
30 meters after that again, I ran past a girl that said "so pretty". And I got this feeling that I was dead and she was a kind of special person that could see ghosts. I kept running down a slope still on the sidewalk. There was something strange about the gravity, as if i couldnt run fast enough, and the steps I took was like 5 meters long (!), almost like flying and running at the same time . Then i came to the bus stop. I looked around to see if I could see my moped, but there was only bikes, on the other side of the road. I walked past the bus stop, there was 3 or 4 people in it. 5 meters past the bus stop, There came a bus, that drove up on the side walk, in a speed that was obvious that it wasn't going to stop at the bus stop, I barely missed it, it was like 2 meters onto the sidewalk. I thought to myself PHEW!, That was close... And I turned around to see why the heck it would be driving like that, like an obvious attempt to run me down.

And then I see theres a car driving on the wrong side of the road, the same direction as the bus that came towards me. The car that was in the wrong lane, continued to drive STRAIGHT INTO AN ONCOMING CAR. AND THEN IT DISAPPEARED IN FRONT OF MY EYES. I could not believe what I was seeing. I turned my head towards the people in the bus pocket, and I could see that they all witnessed it too.

Heres the really weird part. Before I got to open my mouth to say "WTF was that!" There came a private car from my left from almost out of nowhere, and in it was two female officers. It pulled up INTO the bus stop, ONTO the sidewalk, like the whole car inside the bus pocket. That didnt make sense and I quickly asked them did you guys see that!?! That car that just ran into that car, JUST DISAPPEARED! And they didnt even bother to listen it seemed. INSTEAD one of them came right over to me and asked if i was (my name) ... And I got this feeling that OMG im being woken up, and somethings trying to make me forget what i saw. I nervously responded with Yes, i am (my name). And then i woke up. The first thing that struck me was the thought of perhaps I was dead all along the dream. And after i noted the events down, I remembered things from the early stages of the dream;

2 childhood friends of mine tried to jump over a 3 meter long Alligator, for no reason, like we were in a TV-show.
It was laying in a little pond, just big enough to fit it. A little lowered into the ground.
And they managed to pass it, even though one of my childhood friends almost did it with no efford, like random jumping and limping as he jogged ... And when it became my turn to try, the dream took me to another event instead of forcing me to try ...

Also there was a guy in the bus in (1) that had a green rucksack, and didn't fit in with the rest of the ppl on the bus (his age; older), and I met him again somewhere later along the dream, (im not sure when), and then he accused me of having destroyed what he had in his rucksack. And he opened his rucksack to show me and he had nothing but glass plates in it (!), one of them being broken slightly ...

This is the first dream I have remembered in probably a year. And the first thing that was concluded in my head as I woke up, was that there was forces in the world that dont want you to know what you dream about. So I quickly noted it down...

The reason I felt like I could had been dead, was the lack of communication I was able to have with all my encounters...

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

You must try harder young grasshopper

Ahh well, everyone's different!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by almeister 5000

That's really cool that it has had a profound effect on you. I was never that scared about dying but after this recent dream i'm even less worried about it. Cool stuff.

P.S Bummer about the zombies but yeah, if I had no other choice, I think i'd do the same thing you did!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LLinx

Hmm, bizarre stuff! I've had dreams where familiar things are out of place or things have been placed in familiar locations that aren't there usually...

It's interesting what you are saying about forces not wanting us to remember our dreams. I hadn't really thought about it but it kinda makes sense in some ways.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cruff
reply to post by Hijinx

You must try harder young grasshopper

Ahh well, everyone's different!

Ha ha, ahh yes sorry sensai, I will try harder.

Most of my dreams are so absurd and fantastical I can't say that the ones I've died in have been all that momentous.

I've had dreams where I have existed purely as energy, pure emotions, sensations, sights, sounds, colors I could not even begin to explain or relate to anything in this world. This dream only happened once, I didn't die before hand, I don't remember anything but a moment of pure bliss, bright bizarre things. Stuff was going on, the dream felt like it lasted forever, but only a second all at the same time. That's the craziest dream I've ever had. So the dreams where I've died, they just didn't strike me in any sort of way. It's just so remedial.

I've had dreams where I was murdered, and It's the type where you're an outsider watching it happen. You know you're you, but you are not you sort of thing. I watched someone break into my home, and I confronted them even though I was thinking no don't, hide, or run away, then I got stabbed to death. Woke up after I died in that one.

I've had dreams I fall to my death, then wake up to that feeling you fell on the bed. Been shot, hit by a car, mauled by a bear, wolf, or one time by a wild cat of some kind.

I've had dreams where the world was being invaded by aliens, and these things that looked like those weird drones from star wars were all over the place, releasing this gas. Giant machines scanning homes, that stomp on people when they find them. Again, when I die in the dreams nothing fantastical. Usually wake up, or I'm someone else, or me, just not dead now.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I used to dream about running from godzilla, but it was like running in quicksand and I would wake up before being stomped on.
Another one was Freddy Kruger stabbed me in the ribs and when I woke up I had a cramp or something in my rib area so bad. I was young so I thought it was real at the time. haha

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Anyone ever have dreams where you were sort of abducted and shown movies, or had to take tests? That used to be a big one for me as a kid.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Haha.

Cool, that sounds pretty unique that you had a dream where you were pure energy. I can't say I have ever experienced something like that. I usually have post-apocalyptic or just bizarre dreams. But in all of them, i'm either myself or someone that I am inhabiting the body of.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sbc650mike

Damn Freddy!! I think having dreams where you are injured or in pain and then waking up to find that place is sore seems to be pretty common now from what i've seen on here. I had some odd chest pain recently but thankfully that went away after a week or so.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join