It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dying in your dreams...what happened to you afterwards??

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by B1rd1nFL1ghT

Damn...feeling all the blood leave your body wouldn't have been too fun!!

Haha, yeah you're right though...at least you get to wake up from that nasty dream and live to fight another day!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

Thanks for sharing that. It's funny that you mentioned you felt detached. I had the same feeling of detachment when I died in my dream too. It's like...ahh well...gotta start up a new character.

It really puts things in perspective...if what we see in our dreams when we die is really what happens then we certainly don't have anything to worry about because we'll just go onto the next life or whatever!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by raj10463

Wow, 2 near death experiences! I'm glad that you managed to avoid it!

I don't think i've had any real near-death experiences but i've had times when i've been reasonably concerned for my welfare! Usually when someone else is driving me around overseas and they don't care so much about road rules!!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Damn!

What's that saying about truth coming from the mouths of babes or something like that?? We don't give kids enough credit for the stuff they say. That would've been freaky to have heard that!

Very, very interesting! Thanks.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Ahh well, that's cool. Not everyone on here has had stuff happen afterwards.

Geepers, just saw your post count....Dammmmn.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Cruff

Yes,that is the type of thing that makes one think.eh?

Also the same kiddo said a while before or after that,just as out of the blue:"A grey ship came from the moon when we were all still in our mothers' tummies"
I was sitting outside looking up at the sky,enjoying the stars,as i do almost every night.I thought "Wait,WHAT??" and said:"Oh do you mean like a silver disk,like a ufo-type thing?"
But my kid got irritated by that for some reason,and said:" No,not some silver disk,A GREY SHIP"

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Wow!

That's crazy but very cool! Sounds like a pretty interesting kid!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Nothing, usually. I mean, if it's vivid enough, I'm a bit shaken for the rest of the day. I'm sorry if this answer is extremely vague or not what you're looking for, but I haven't experienced anything unusual after dying in a dream.

There was once an entire week where I kept dying in my dreams. From being ran over by a van at Walmart to being gassed to death at a concentration camp, my brain was pretty creative. It was a rough week.
edit on 21-3-2013 by PillowPtarmigan because: Plural word.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mountaingirl1111

Your post sent chills through me.

Almost an exact scenario of how my recurring "water" dreams began over 8 years ago. I know how you felt in that moment. The fear, panic, sadness, and then sudden release... You succumb and everything is suddenly okay. You're not alone.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Cruff

Sometimes dying in a dream is the remain memories of past life.

My son have a recurring dream of been stabbed with an arrow on the side of body since he was a young boy, actually he has a stain birth mark on the side that he say he is stabbed in his dream.

I used to have recurring dreams of dying as a child from drowning, I remember the dream as been in a boat, with a older adult male and falling of the boat and feeling the water in my lungs and not been able to breath, I will wake up gasping for air.

Until this day I am scare to death to the water and can not swim, as a child whenever any one will take me up into the water I would fight for deal life.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manula
It happened to me too, 2 weeks ago.

I died but continued in spirit comforting my loved ones.

It was a sad but unforgettable dream.

Strange isn't it?

Strange indeed, but I think all dreams are strange. I can't understand any of mine. Even my daughters have crazy dreams. When they come down for breakfast and start telling us about their dreams, my husband just turns to me and gives me the look, like it's my fault or something!

I've never died in a dream and visited a loved one. That's a new one. But my grandfather, who I was particularly close with, often visits me in my dreams. Sometimes he doesn't speak, he'll use symbols to pass a message. For instance, announcing the conception of my first born daughter. Well that was a shocker! Anyway, it's always nice to visit with him. I miss him so much. He was the best grand dad ever!

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

This could be a real possibility. Recovering past life memories? I hate the sound of water. I love the beach, but the sound of waves crashing infuriates me. Most people find it soothing? The sound of liquid pouring from a container into another, absolutely sends me over the edge! Maybe I was water boarded? I'm kidding. Who knows? It's one of life's fun mysteries to ponder. Water dreams are only a small fraction of my crazy dreams. They only stand out because of the recurring factor. All my other dreams are kinda random.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

While some dreams are just crazy and no everybody dreams often some others like me have dreams nightly unless I am so tire that I can not remember.

But when you have a recurring dream that seems very real and you actually experience pain or distress during the dream that is something that needs further investigation, perhaps a journal of dreams help put two and two together as what the dream is trying to tell us.

My dream no longer bothers me and I no longer dream of drowning but it was terrifying when I was a child to experience this dream constantly had the dream way into my 20s, my son no longer have his dream either since he became a teen, sometimes dreams are connected to the future some other times it could be past memories of another life if you are a believer of reincarnation.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Cruff

Yea, that would also be cool!
. But this was also very cool dream. Made me think of things afterwards. Life in general. Maybe it was somekind of "wake up call".

edit on 24-3-2013 by pets_step because: Well i hit the reply instead of quote. I guess i made my point this way too.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PillowPtarmigan

A whole week of dying in your dreams????! Man, that is pretty harsh indeed. I wonder what that all meant??

Did you try and analyze what was going on in your life that week?

Crazy stuff!

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yep, I agree indeed. I've always thought that there is more to dreaming than just some psychological symbols etc.

That's amazing that there is an actual physical blemish there!

That must be hard being afraid of water like that. Tough stuff.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Maybe you were shipwrecked or something after getting smashed by some big waves in a past life or something??

I would love to find someone who is an expert in past life regression. Problem is though, that i'm sure some of the dreams i've had are from future lives!

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Cruff

Just had to share my paranormal thoughts.

Ten days after my remembered dream, this pops up in the newspaper , I just have to share it, as it is full of mysterious "holes", and similarities to my recollected dream; (earlier in this thread)

Article - Translated to english

When I saw the article, I immediately remembered my weird dream from ten days back ...

Somehow the translated article is making a huge mistake, not translating the sentence where
it says "- Jeg vet ikke hvor politibilen sto, men jeg tror det er riktig at de sto med blålysene av."
(I dont know where the policecar stood, but i think its right , that they stood with their bluelights OFF)
into - I do not know where the police car was standing, but I think it is right that they stood with the blue light.

So crucial information is being mistranslated. The original article says OFF in norwegian...

Article :
1. Police stopping in a strange and illogical place, (in the middle of the bridge)
2. Police not using bluelights, even if they have stopped in the middle of the bridge ...
3. Taxi crashes into policecar, with the one passenger not wearing seatbelt.

Why would a taxi driver not see the police car on the middle of the bridge?
Answer: Because the police car had the bluelights OFF
Why would the police stop on the middle of the bridge, (eventually ; and NOT put their bluelights on ...)
Answer: because they were having a routine mission there .. PFFT btw theres no information given beyond that

In all, this newsarticle were just so full of holes, I just made the connection instantly to my dream. But I'm sure its just a freak car accident-coincidence, with police sprinkles... Anyone finding this weird aswell ?

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LLinx

Bus accident
1st of april, Bergen:
Article

Just as weird; bus driver is believed to have fallen asleep at the wheel, crashing next to a bus stop, on the wrong side of the road ... even more like my dream, 2 weeks ago ...

If the last article wasn't, then isn't this one weirdly alike my dream ?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join