It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should one do if one discovers evidence of alien life?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I would lie about it, forget you saw anything, and deny involvement. Didn't your government make it a federal offence to have contact with Aliens? If you did establish contact warn the aliens to give us a wide berth, we're trouble and troubled.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The post is kind of funny cause my husband and I are planning on a two week camping trek near all the UFO hotspots in my State. We hope to catch something with our camera or video recorder I've yet to acquire.

My husbands major question was, "But if we capture something, who can you trust it with?"

It's a good question. Another question is, if we come upon something that's going to turn into a 3rd or 4th kind of contact - do we run or do we attempt contact? If you go by what's written in law, I'd be breaking the law in making contact. Plus, we have kids. It's kind of important to make it back from our camping trek since they will be staying home with grandma on this trip.

I don't know if I would share it with the world. I just don't know. But if I revisit this question in the summer, somethings up! LOL.

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
This is a simple question, as preposterous as it may sound. It could be me, you or anyone else but what should one do if one discovers evidence of alien life?

This doesn't mean you see a UFO flying in the sky and is gone in a second. I am talking about the "real deal". For example, let's say you accidentally dug up a weird looking skeleton that is 3 feet tall, with 4 fingers, huge head and doesn't appear human. Who do you report your find to or what should you do with the evidence?

Or, let's say you witness an object crashing in a field next to your farm land. You run to the spot and see 3 feet tall entities struggling for oxygen before succumbing. Nearby is a disabled vehicle resembling a classic UFO. On the ground you also see various objects with weird looking symbols on them. You confiscate a few of the objects before fleeing the site. 30 minutes later, the place is crawling with military looking personnel.

What should you do? Do you tell the authorities what happened? Do you go to the media?

Who are credible folks to turn over the "evidence" you have in your possession?

We all hear of people being physically burned by UFOs or they may have things in their possession they turn over to authorities that they never see again.

What would be the best way to safeguard, preserve and then expose this evidence without running the risk of losing it or being hurt in the process.

Call ICE and let them take care of the illegal aliens on board.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
My first thought would be to buy a bottle of champagne and enjoy a celebratory glass of bubbly knowing that we are not and never were alone.
But before that i know i would have to video and document everything. Photos etc. I would keep multiple copies of these and physical evidence in various secure locations not just bank deposit safety boxes either. I would also distribute video footage to the BBC, Sky News etc but they will probably be slapped down with immediate D Notices, D notice my foot. Worse abuse of "national security" excuses ever and an attack on democracy!

I would share the find with my immediate family though. However what I would bear in mind is the welfare of ET themselves. Assuming they are non hostile and alive, I check they were ok. Dont want to start an intergalatic war! Maybe ask if they would be willing to have a drink and chat with me. Can you imagine it? A Cosmic Interview on You Tube.

I think something like this SHOULD be shared with humanity and not hidden UNLESS there is something so horrific ie the threat of destroying Earth for example then yes there might be a valid reason to keep quiet for the sake of saving Earth.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
If we (my wife and I) were to capture something from a downed craft, alloys, black box, or even an
alive non hostile being, it would be completely kept underwraps. That is until I get all of my affairs
in order to make the discovery known by the world. I would make our discovery to the world so blunt
and with so much proof, that it would be absolutely undeniable and unignorable. This needs to happen sooner than later IMO, things are so out of balance its disgusting.
edit on 10-3-2013 by AZ2ENVY because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2013 by AZ2ENVY because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
What kind of alien life? Just single celled? I think that would be amazing, but we most likely wouldn't be able to get there. If we could get there, we'd better make sure our tech can take it. No telling what would happen if we went on the planet. If it's intelligent life, we probably definitely don't wanna go there until we know more information about them. Not saying they'd be evil and destroy us...but it's always a possibility.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

What should you do? Do you tell the authorities what happened? Do you go to the media?

Yeah that's a brilliant idea, if the idea of being killed in your sleep appeals to you.

In a situation like this always avoid police, media and anything government related. Avoid these things like gonorrhea. For that matter, avoid coming into contact with any other human beings in that area. Get out as quickly as possible. You don't want anybody to know that you witnessed anything.

If I had physical evidence of anything, such as pieces of a craft, or photographic/video evidence I would try to spread it by myself. The media can't be trusted with anything, because the media is usually loyal to the authorities. I would take photos and/or film the physical evidence I had, or take the already existing photos/videos of the incident and spread them all over the internet. Never do this with your own internet connection either. Take a laptop and go to an internet cafe or library with Wi-Fi and spread the photos/videos everywhere. I'd even proxy the IP address first, just to throw an obstacle in the way of anybody tracing it to eat up more of their time.

Paranoid? Maybe. Better safe than sorry though.
edit on 10-3-2013 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

But if you have indisputable proof. How could you keep it secret? It would be the catalyst that brings all humanity together, because now we know! We aren't alone. There is a new order to fear, not just the upper echelons of humanity to subvert.

Know what I mean? We are at such an opposition with one another, I truly wish, another opposition presented itself. Just to get us all united. That in itself would be a gift. But then, that's the plan isn't it?

Just thoughts...

~ Cirque

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Ive actually spent time thinking about this over the years, and Ive concluded the best way to do this, would be to set up a website with no direct link to you that you could control from open Wifi internet accesses, then post photos and videos of your find, then offer to the highest bidder your Alien treasure.

if they want samples? "which they will", you forward tiny particulates for testing via another state through a drop mailbox, and make sure your identity remains concealed.

Highest bidder pays directly to a numbered Swiss account after paying the taxes on agreed sum, then once it was secured and only then, give them the GPS coordinance to the treasure, then disappear never to be heard from again.

If you ever killed or captured a Big Foot, there would be many problems you could be facing on so many levels, it would be to your advantage to just photograph one and leave it at that, that is unless you found only remains, then you could do it however you wanted without too many issues

but real alien artifacts?, you got real serious problems

edit on 11-3-2013 by SPECULUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by thetiler

There is what looks to be a pencil-sized cylinder sticking out of a rock.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Parthin

I believe he's referring to a pile of rocks in the bottom left hand corner which vaguely resemble a broken pane of glass.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
am I the only one who would try to get as much money out of it as possible and to ensure a steady life-time income reaching some kind of agreement with officials and getting a high position in some "alien expert division" for the government and keep it hidden from the rest of mankind...?

then I'd keep a few redundant backups of extremely highly compelling evidence ready for public release and/or sell to the highest bidder in case of some serious piece of world-changing hardware (weaponry, alien alloys, highly evolved med care units (heal anything we currently face), ftl tech, warp technology, etc) ... you know, just in case my plan didnt work out that well and be sure they knew about it - call it a fail safe - something close to what happens with really good hackers and professional assassins.

damn you guys have no eye for business

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I would contact FOX News.

What can I say?

Megyn Kelly is HAWT!

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
am I the only one who would try to get as much money out of it as possible and to ensure a steady life-time income reaching some kind of agreement with officials and getting a high position in some "alien expert division" for the government and keep it hidden from the rest of mankind...?

then I'd keep a few redundant backups of extremely highly compelling evidence ready for public release and/or sell to the highest bidder in case of some serious piece of world-changing hardware (weaponry, alien alloys, highly evolved med care units (heal anything we currently face), ftl tech, warp technology, etc) ... you know, just in case my plan didnt work out that well and be sure they knew about it - call it a fail safe - something close to what happens with really good hackers and professional assassins.

damn you guys have no eye for business

you would instantly become a national security risk, and once they removed your property they would either lock you up in Leavenworth? or just put a hole in your head and call it a day, which the hole in the head would be the least expensive and resolve any further threat to their secret enterprise

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I would suggest leaving them alone.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth

It's a good question. Another question is, if we come upon something that's going to turn into a 3rd or 4th kind of contact - do we run or do we attempt contact? If you go by what's written in law, I'd be breaking the law in making contact.

Peace,
Cirque

I am not a US-citizen, obviously, and stunned about learning that it would be breaking the law to make contact. Why? Why would there be such a law? Is there really? For some reason this seems to be blowing my mind more than if someone would tell me they actually already made contact and have the proof for it ...

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

This doesn't mean you see a UFO flying in the sky and is gone in a second. I am talking about the "real deal". For example, let's say you accidentally dug up a weird looking skeleton that is 3 feet tall, with 4 fingers, huge head and doesn't appear human. Who do you report your find to or what should you do with the evidence?

call the authorities. by the way, how do I know its the "real deal". it's just a skeleton after all.

Or, let's say you witness an object crashing in a field next to your farm land. You run to the spot and see 3 feet tall entities struggling for oxygen before succumbing. Nearby is a disabled vehicle resembling a classic UFO. On the ground you also see various objects with weird looking symbols on them. You confiscate a few of the objects before fleeing the site. 30 minutes later, the place is crawling with military looking personnel.

if not i'd just leave him to his fate. i wouldn't take any objects. i wouldn't talk to authorities unless they talked to me first.

Who are credible folks to turn over the "evidence" you have in your possession?

see above.

What would be the best way to safeguard, preserve and then expose this evidence without running the risk of losing it or being hurt in the process.

don't get involved. its not worth it.
edit on 11-3-2013 by notkmarx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I actually found a great picture on what to do if you were to find alien life

It's pretty informative. hope you enjoy

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Here in Australia, if I found an Alien I would take it to Wycliff Wells. This place has a strong UFO culture and if there is any hope of getting the assistance it needs it is at the top of my list. As for any artifacts, if it is possible to break them up then I would send a little piece to all the different universities around the place. Some of them will hide or discard it, some might actually do something with it. Should at least get the academic community talking if there is a good story to go with the gift and they all get a chance to review some of it.

Otherwise if it looks pretty cool just stick it on the mantle piece and tell people that I bought it from the market for $20.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I have thought about this too, but I have come to the conclusion that there is probably technology to detect this kind of thing. Look at how many people have been visited by MIB.

IF there is any technology from the future here, then it is likely that it extends to things which we dont understand or believe in. I think "they" are too arrogant to not have some pretty futuristic technology and we just dont know the extent of this technology.

As to what to do, I think the answer is to blast it out to as many different places as possible, but having said that, it would be putting all of those places in danger of the same retalliation by the authorities. I think that if you kept anything it may well be detected so by trying to keep the whole thing under wraps, you have achieved nothing - ecxcept getting your evidence confiscated and your life threatened or terminated.

This is a common problem with any dangerous knowledge - whether it be Mafia Money or Government leak and basically is the same problem that all whistle-blowers have. Emails are monitored, phones are monitored, cctvs are everywhere, and the airwaves are monitored too. Add to that some unknown technology and there is not much we can do if we have something important to disclose.

Is there a list of people willing to receive such information? If there was then any mail to their address or PO box would be swiftly taken and the secure drop would be shutdown.

However, maybe we just have to try to do it for the sake of humanity and the truth getting out. It's difficult I agree.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join