It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A zombie apocalypse can NOT happen, and here's why

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I know, I was a little scared to say it too.

But imagine if he was around now and he rose from the dead.

The CDC would be called, mass panic....!!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Here's something to chew on (pun)

Perhaps the term zombie is used more to depersonalize so that when riots do occur, troops, regular people won't be shooting brother/sister/mother/father. . . . but zombies!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Although I tend to agree with the sentiment 'they were just having some fun', I appreciated that conspiracy spin! Something to consider

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Oh wow everybody! Look he just explained why a zombie apocalypse cannot happen! Im relieved now im going to get in my truck and go somewhere because i have just been sitting here waiting for it to happen for the past 2 years. It had just never dawned on me that maybe zombies are not real.
But what about aroused minotaurs, surely they must be real and may one day cause an apocalypse

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
ZOMBIES DO EXIST , and I HAVE SEEN THEM, I SEE them EVERYDAY.
They live in the estates and buildings in EVERY CITY and TOWN and VILLAGE.
You can tell a Zombie not by the fact they aren't eating flesh of the living but by the fact they watch daytime TV, watching shows like X-Factor, or X has got Talent ( insert country of residence), eat MacDonalds or BK, drink sodas laced with aspartame and a multitude of artificial chemicals ( for taste obviously).
These zombies have NO INTEREST on benefitting their local communities or the rest of mankind, only themselves, they exist only to ignore the world around them, they listen to government lies and go on their merry stupidathons without questioning anything, they believe TV rather than someone else who is actually telling them the truth about the world and its current state.

So I have to disagree with the OP, ZOMBIES EXIST. But I do agree with the OP on the zombies ( even if they DID become a reality) would decompose quickly, but dont forget if they did exist even for a short while we'd never be able to outrun them because they'd never get tired or out of breath, plus the muscles would never seize up with cramps or even if they did, the zombies would just sprint after you and they'd keep it up all night and all day. plus they'd have to rely on sound as their vision would cloud over after a couple of days IMO.
edit on 10/3/13 by DataWraith because: spelling - ZOMBIES ate my fingers

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Oh for gods sake. Stop treating this as if it is a valid subject.

It won't happen because ZOMBIES DO NOT EXIST. Clear?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
ZOMBIES DO EXIST , and I HAVE SEEN THEM, I SEE them EVERYDAY.
They live in the estates and buildings in EVERY CITY and TOWN and VILLAGE.
You can tell a Zombie not by the fact they aren't eating flesh of the living but by the fact they watch daytime TV, watching shows like X-Factor, or X has got Talent ( insert country of residence), eat MacDonalds or BK, drink sodas laced with aspartame and a multitude of artificial chemicals ( for taste obviously).
These zombies have NO INTEREST on benefitting their local communities or the rest of mankind, only themselves, they exist only to ignore the world around them, they listen to government lies and go on their merry stupidathons without questioning anything, they believe TV rather than someone else who is actually telling them the truth about the world and its current state.

It must be so wonderful being able to identify these characteristics in your fellow man. Your post isn't a cliché at all...

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I also don't believe the "classic" undead zombie is an even remote possibility,leave alone a threat-anything that can be outran by a 4yr old,and killed by a 12yr old just dont strike terror into my heart.HOWEVER,an engineered "Rage virus" is too dismaying to contemplate-not because the victims would likely have every bit of the mobility they had before they were infected,or look frightening due to their expressions of homocidal fury-but because of how human nature works.
How many mothers would be able to kill their own children,how many fathers? In a life-or-death battle for survival,often your survival rests on fast and merciless,brutal retaliation in an attack-coldbloodedness.This scenario would leave so many people without the desire to survive,imo.If there is no hope to regain your loved ones-if you see them become nothing more than rabid dogs-how many people would Want to survive in a world like that?
And for those who dont have loved ones,it would be a neverending fearfest-days made up out of cowering in terror in a hiding-place,or for the more able-bodied,exhausting and grim physical battle for survival-a constant neverending warzone.
It would'nt be long before large-scale suicide wiped out the people not killed by the infected.And the "veteran" survivors?Well they would have to live as the infected do-in effect,become the same.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Isn't there a whole religion about this? This guy comes back from the dead, but instead of eating other people he demands that people eat his flesh and drink his blood.

Just playing. Jesus Saves!
edit on 10-3-2013 by GreenGlassDoor because:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
I've been thinking about this, and a zombie apocalypse couldn't happen, zombies are considered undead, right?
Bodies that are dead that have rerisen in search of live prey, but there is a problem to this.
Once the heart stops pumping, the body starts decompose, tendons contract and after a few days the body will stat to rot.
In a few weeks, most will have advanced decomposition and be unable to move, so all you gotta do is hole up a week or two and you'd survive

wrong. the colloquial idea of a "zombie" is the undead. as we all*(edit) as the majority of us know the modern conception of a "zombie" is one born from a virus or disease which causes "zombie" like effects.
Can you dig it.
edit on 10-3-2013 by PLAYERONE01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CivilDisobedience
By definition, a "Zombie" is a dead human who feasts on the flesh of other living humans. That being said, I haven't seen zombies eating other people recently. Don't worry though, there are plenty of examples of LIVING people eating other people out there.

No, Zombie by definition means a 'catatonic state without the use of ones own willpower'.

There are Laws in Haiti which strictly forbid the creation of a zombie human.

brazilweirdnews.blogspot.ca...

Also- this doesn't even begin to take into account biological/chemical warfare which has been outlined in its basic form here

edit on 10-3-2013 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
wait a minute
wait a minute
wait a minute

I thought the zombie thing was an innerwebz inside joke like grumpy cat

people actually think it's possible ?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Perhaps you do not understand the implications of

A single gene in a caterpillar virus sends its victims running for the treetops, where they die and their bodies liquefy, sending an ooze of virus particles on their brothers and sisters below.

which indicates that this virus actually forces a natural genetic change on the caterpillar, whereby its own genetic evolution is used against it-- it liquefies itself rather than its chrysalis and spreads the infection by a hundredfold. This is called a limited hang-out in Intelligence circles - if they had technology developed 20-30 years beyond what they present as modern science, anything that goes beyond the current 'limits' of tech is easily passed off to the original bleeding edge (and heart) Mother Nature; and her "crazy, crazy ways".

That alone is enough to suggest these people who are actively controlling this surge of influence and directing society and its 'fears' have the capability to infect a population - not even addressing that strange and isolated period of time where mankind turned on itself and began eating its neighbour. That wasn't right. .. and that wasn't bath salts.

The practice of creating a golem-like being is age old to some practitioners of the Occult and Living Shadows- Haiti, I am speaking of directly, but not isolated to the Island.There are reasons, however, why Haiti has Law forbidding such 'unnatural' (Palpatine) forces and actions.
mindhacks.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Really......................... ? there have been countless threads on this exact topic..... Kindly never post on this board again

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

"these people"

"mankind"

oh, not a joke, just the usual paranoia

got it

I just hope the evil old white men who control the world don't ever read about the braconid wasp
alien !!!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

edit on 10-3-2013 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

"these people"

"mankind"

oh, not a joke, just the usual paranoia

got it

I just hope the evil old white men who control the world don't ever read about the braconid wasp
alien !!!

Hah.. typical responses all around eh?

Halflings, pah.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
Really......................... ? there have been countless threads on this exact topic..... Kindly never post on this board again

Fail troll fails

As far as what another poster says, I do NOT believe in zombies of the classic undead sense, it's completely and totally impossible. Now that being said, can there be a virus that's engineered to reduce us to an animalistic state, cognate thought repressed? Entirely possible, but they wouldn't be zombies in the classic sense, as they're not undead. They would be still alive, which means they could be killed by any number of nerve or biological agents

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Heres a great article about why it could happen, 5 Scientific reasons a Zombie apocalypse could actually happen

What is definitely true is the story of Clairvius Narcisse. He was a Haitian guy who was declared dead by two doctors and buried in 1962. They found him wandering around the village 18 years later. It turned out the local voodoo priests had been using naturally occurring chemicals to basically zombify people and putting them to work on the sugar plantations

Read more: www.cracked.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Your theory is sound for the people who've died, but if, the (UNM) labratory has created a silica coated zombie cell. They stated that it "outperforms living cells".

"Zombie cell created"

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join