Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Opera House Investigation. EVP's and possible Shadow Person photo.

page: 1
19
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
February 15th Investigation, Opera House.

Claims:
Shadow people,
Footsteps,
Voices
Attack from entity

Findings:
Several EVP's with names.
Top floor is former Masonic Hall; one EVP gives a name we verified from Ancestry.com as a mason of that hall when it was active.
Possible photo of Shadow Person.



Original photo:

Inverted and contrast adjusted:


Shots of the Location:








All the raw evidence can be found here if you want to go analyze it yourself: link

All questions and comments welcome!


Here are our previous investigations we have posted up on ATS:
Old City Hall
New case findings with EVPs: Old Harrodsburg Jail
December poltergeit case.
Diamond point visitor center.




posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Reply to post by pianopraze
 


I like that you've placed all of your evidence online for all to see, unfortunately for me being on mobile I wont be able to view some of it. All serious investigators should do this.


 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 



posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
Reply to post by pianopraze
 


I like that you've placed all of your evidence online for all to see, unfortunately for me being on mobile I wont be able to view some of it. All serious investigators should do this.


 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 



Thank you strafgod.

Yeah, it helps with credibility I think... and those that can't go ghost hunting can spend the hours analyzing the evidence for themselves



posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Yes!!
Your threads are always the best, and seriously one of the reasons that the ATS paranormal forum is worth visiting.

I'll listen to those EVPs and share my thoughts when I don't have kids running around and making noise. But I wanted to ask about the shadow person picture. I see two figures that look like people or shadow people - one in the foreground and one in the background. Were there two figures? Or is one of those an actual person, like a team member?

Verifying a name on ancestry.com is pretty exciting! Was this a name that anyone at the Opera House knew or was it a "new discovery" provided by the other side? That is the kind of evidence that will make anyone take notice.

Excellent work, as always. Thank you for posting your findings. I'm looking forward to listening to those EVPs more closely when I'm in a quiet environment.



posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze
 


Whew, Sony1 is a hefty 209mb. I'm pulling it down, and will give it a listen.

Very nice thread, BTW.



posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by VegHead
Yes!!
Your threads are always the best, and seriously one of the reasons that the ATS paranormal forum is worth visiting.

I'll listen to those EVPs and share my thoughts when I don't have kids running around and making noise. But I wanted to ask about the shadow person picture. I see two figures that look like people or shadow people - one in the foreground and one in the background. Were there two figures? Or is one of those an actual person, like a team member?

Verifying a name on ancestry.com is pretty exciting! Was this a name that anyone at the Opera House knew or was it a "new discovery" provided by the other side? That is the kind of evidence that will make anyone take notice.

Excellent work, as always. Thank you for posting your findings. I'm looking forward to listening to those EVPs more closely when I'm in a quiet environment.


Thank you.

There are three on the team, but two of us were behind the person shooting the photo, besides we are obvious people in the photos... this is a shadow. My first thought is it was one of our shadows from a flashlight throwing a shadow on the wall, so when I was shown the photo I was unimpressed... but when i adjusted the brightness & contrast i noticed the shadow is blocking out the doorway... a normal shadow does NOT block a doorway. So i have no explanation. I do know it was not one of us.

What it is I can not explain. I did not see any shadow shapes that night, but if you listen to the audio, one of the team members did say they were seeing moving shadows. My eyes were trained on the FLIR most of the night. Also this is a claim of the location. Supposedly one shadow thing attacked someone when they were removing an altar from the room. I am very skeptical of such claims, but I can not explain the photo.

The name is on the EVP video, I did not want to directly post it onto ATS... but the info is on the video. There is a church in the Opera House now, they did not know this name. The name is a name of a member of the masonic lodge when it was in operation in the building.

There are MANY more EVPs in the raw audio. I did not post them in here for T&C reasons, and diplomatic ones with the location as well. That is all I will say about that. If you want to spend the hours listening to the raw audio you will hear many more EVPs.



posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by pianopraze
 


Whew, Sony1 is a hefty 209mb. I'm pulling it down, and will give it a listen.

Very nice thread, BTW.


I posted all the raw data right off the recorders. So yes, it is quite large. The video files are even larger.


I recommend using a spectrograph when you listen so you can see as well as hear the EVPs. Audacity, a free program, has one (I put a link on our website) but Adobe Audition has a much better one (it's the one I use).

Enjoy, and post any new EVPs you find
Remember T&C though... there are non T&C friendly EVPs in this data...



posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

Originally posted by VegHead
Yes!!
Your threads are always the best, and seriously one of the reasons that the ATS paranormal forum is worth visiting.

I'll listen to those EVPs and share my thoughts when I don't have kids running around and making noise. But I wanted to ask about the shadow person picture. I see two figures that look like people or shadow people - one in the foreground and one in the background. Were there two figures? Or is one of those an actual person, like a team member?

Verifying a name on ancestry.com is pretty exciting! Was this a name that anyone at the Opera House knew or was it a "new discovery" provided by the other side? That is the kind of evidence that will make anyone take notice.

Excellent work, as always. Thank you for posting your findings. I'm looking forward to listening to those EVPs more closely when I'm in a quiet environment.


Thank you.

There are three on the team, but two of us were behind the person shooting the photo, besides we are obvious people in the photos... this is a shadow. My first thought is it was one of our shadows from a flashlight throwing a shadow on the wall, so when I was shown the photo I was unimpressed... but when i adjusted the brightness & contrast i noticed the shadow is blocking out the doorway... a normal shadow does NOT block a doorway. So i have no explanation. I do know it was not one of us.

What it is I can not explain. I did not see any shadow shapes that night, but if you listen to the audio, one of the team members did say they were seeing moving shadows. My eyes were trained on the FLIR most of the night. Also this is a claim of the location. Supposedly one shadow thing attacked someone when they were removing an altar from the room. I am very skeptical of such claims, but I can not explain the photo.

The name is on the EVP video, I did not want to directly post it onto ATS... but the info is on the video. There is a church in the Opera House now, they did not know this name. The name is a name of a member of the masonic lodge when it was in operation in the building.

There are MANY more EVPs in the raw audio. I did not post them in here for T&C reasons, and diplomatic ones with the location as well. That is all I will say about that. If you want to spend the hours listening to the raw audio you will hear many more EVPs.


Thanks for your response! Just a couple of more questions about the shadow picture. I agree that it appears to be a solid object that is blocking light from the hallway - so it is not a cast shadow from a team member.

First, the second shadow, the one that is in the hallway, partially blocked by the doorframe. Is that potentially another "shadow person" or is there an object there?

Second, did you happen to snap any pictures of this room or area with the lights on? It would be helpful for ruling out other objects if you have it.


The evp that gave you a name that you verified with your own research is extremely remarkable. Even more so that the opera house folks didn't know of this person (meaning, it isn't likely an employee playing a hoax). Really really remarkable. I don't know what else to say about it other than the fact that is jaw dropping evidence that this stuff is real.

Thanks for the link to all your raw evidence. You set the bar very high for how I wish all investigators would present their evidence.



posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by VegHead

Thanks for your response! Just a couple of more questions about the shadow picture. I agree that it appears to be a solid object that is blocking light from the hallway - so it is not a cast shadow from a team member.

First, the second shadow, the one that is in the hallway, partially blocked by the doorframe. Is that potentially another "shadow person" or is there an object there?

Second, did you happen to snap any pictures of this room or area with the lights on? It would be helpful for ruling out other objects if you have it.


The evp that gave you a name that you verified with your own research is extremely remarkable. Even more so that the opera house folks didn't know of this person (meaning, it isn't likely an employee playing a hoax). Really really remarkable. I don't know what else to say about it other than the fact that is jaw dropping evidence that this stuff is real.

Thanks for the link to all your raw evidence. You set the bar very high for how I wish all investigators would present their evidence.


The second area of darkness, I have no idea either. If the first shadow is a shadow person, yes the second potentially the same... and i cringe to say that. I have no idea what they could be.

We did not turn the lights on in the third floor at all. I used the FLIR the whole night, Curt used a full spectrum camera, and Jan had a flashlight. That is why i thought it was initially a shadow of one of us in the group.

If you listen to the EVPs you will notice we got several other names. This was the only EVP we got with the first and last name. But that we get names in response to the questions at all is amazing. To be able to verify those names... priceless!

I've been saying for a long time we are catching SOMETHING... I don't know what that is. Aberrant radio waves, time anomalies, parallel dimensions... there are many possibilities.

I can not say this is "ghosts" but it is further proof that this is not random noise. SOMETHING is going on outside what mainstream science acknowledges... I'm not sure we have the tools to figure out what. But we can document something is going on.



posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Nice photo of a possible Shadow Person. I have a few questions about it, but I'll wait till you answer some of the other posters first since they've asked a few questions that I was going to.

Thank you for posting this.



posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guyfriday
Nice photo of a possible Shadow Person. I have a few questions about it, but I'll wait till you answer some of the other posters first since they've asked a few questions that I was going to.

Thank you for posting this.


Thank you.

I thought I answered all the previous questions, which did I miss?



posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

Thank you.

I thought I answered all the previous questions, which did I miss?

Sorry, I was digesting the answers.

These Shadow People did they seem 3 dimensional, or 2 dimensional? In other words were they wall shadows, or were shadow forms? (by wall shadows, I'm not implying that it wasn't paranormal. I'm just trying to get a picture of how it appeared to the viewer. It's hard to tell from the picture which is 2D )

You stated that some people in your group saw these Shadow People moving, did they state what the Shadow People were doing, or were they moving into any rooms?

I'll have a few more questions about the Shadow People that were seen. In case anyones wondering, yes I have a special interrest in Shadow People.

ATS: Shadow people; What do they do?



posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Wow pretty intense.

A few random questions:

1. Did it get cold or anything of the sort at all when y'all were filming or when y'all took the pictures?
2. Did y'all get goosebumps anytime during this or do you remember getting them at any point?
3. Lastly, were y'all just taking random pictures at random locations or was there a reason for taking the picture where the shadow was found?

Very interesting post.



posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze
 


These EVP's are some of the best evidence that we have captured so far. Thanks Piano for posting these.



posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by strafgod
 


Yes we want people to hear the raw evidence too so that they will know that we are not faking it and to help educate others that there is more out there that we cannot not see or hear without the asssitance of technology.



posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by VegHead
 


The shadow people was verified that is was not one of the team members due to the characteristics of the shape and size of the fiqure not matching any of the 3 team members that did the investigation on this case.

The name was verified from ancestry.com and from a Masonic registry from the periods of 1800 to 1955. It was a lot to review but well worth the work. It verified an intellegent response to my question which is fairly awesome.

Thank you for following us on ATS.



posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42
 


Thank you for listening to the raw evidence. Its nice to know that people are review the raw evideince along with the evidence that Piano has posted here.



posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze
 


The shadow persons that were caught in the photograph was not seen at the timwe this was taken. This evidence was caught on the analyst of the still photographs that was taken during the investigation.

I did see a "shadow person" earlier in the evening before the investigation got started but none of the 3 team members saw any durning the investigation. This is out 1st shadow person that we have caught on digitial photography.

Thank you for the work you put in opn this photo Piano.



posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze
 


Thank youy for the hours of reviewing and anyone else that is able to hear more than what is posted please give us your thoughts & feedback. It's great to know that you all are taking the time to review our cases.



posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by VegHead
 


No names were posted on the request of the owners and we did not want others to think that these names were made up which is why all the of raw evidence is posted off of ATS for others to review & analyze for themselves.

Piano posted the best & clearest EVP's here for all the hear. Thank you all for listening & hopefully you will review the raw data too.

Please let us know what you hear.





new topics

top topics



 
19
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join