It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's first GM babies born

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

To me it's not fair to the baby. The baby didn't ask to be an experiment. If people are willing subjects and know they are being experimented on then that is on them but don't bring a child into the world just to experiment.

Being born is never fair to the baby. None of us were asked anything prior to being conceived.
Personally I think children are very open minded and will accept it as long as it's not kept a secret or treated as taboo. As long as children receive enough love and care, I don't see a problem.
edit on 10-3-2013 by z00mster because: Changed sentence

edit on 10-3-2013 by z00mster because: Typo

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Conventionality went out the window long ago.

We've already altered the earth and it's inhabitants ways time and time again.

Transhumanism is inevitable, and anyone who stands in it's way will be crushed and left to fade away as dust in the wind.

It matters not what I think of it morally. Genie out of the bottle.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
And GM food was not bad enough?

Can anyone see the future where people are gene manipulated so that they are more robot like, men and woman without their own minds instead having a shared mind where everyone is programmed to do certain things.. no arguing against people on the top seats just serving them... and World wont be over populated anymore its been managed.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
It was NOT legle! obama must have made up a new law.

now they will have humans that can eat GM food
and and get sick...

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
GATTACA!

Schweet.
This gets me excited and all tingly.

I'm all for transhuman, post-human, meta-human development.

I'm just hoping for a viral line that can be effective on those of us all for it in affecting whatever changes and alterations might be affected for the better.

It's cool that we're getting to the point where we can almost design our children.
When, however, do we get to the point where we can redesign ourselves?

This, at least to me, is wonderfully exciting.

If we can have super brains and/or be X-men, then by all means, YES.
The rest of you can sit around and complain about it just like everything else you complain about if you like.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Right there with you, man. It's disturbing how much ATS hates the natural progression of technology in relation to biology.

Same.
While we need to be aware of the ethical pitfalls of potential experiments, there's absolutely nothing ethically wrong with the experiment that was done.

They hear GM and freak out. Without knowing anything about GM, other than what they've read from fear mongers on the internet. They have no idea how genetic modification actually works.

They took a gene from one woman, and inserted it into the egg of the other. Every gene the kid has is completely natural from humans. Essentially what happened is done every time someone reproduces. You take genes from one person, and combine them with genes from another.
edit on 10-3-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

It's as if you actually believe you will be the recipient of these transhumanist goodies.

You part of the 1%

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Woa woa woa, it's not that simple.

There is the XX chromosome of a woman, and the XY of a man. Half the genes splice into one human being.

Now we have part of the genes from two XX spliced along with an XY. That's a completely different ballpark.

It would seem there may be some unintended consequences of splicing the genes of two XX's chromosomes together. I can certainly imagine it.

This is far from natural, sorry.
edit on 10-3-2013 by nomnom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nomnom

That's just a stupid post. Explaining the chromosomes doesn't negate my points. Obviously there's difference. Plus your understanding of chromosomes and this subject matter is severely lacking.

All of the genes are naturally occurring genes from humans.
The gene that was inserted was a normal copy of the gene!
How is inserting a normal gene, replacing an abnormal gene, going to cause unintended consequences??

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

I would venture a guess here that the scientists performing these experiments and creating these babies specifically sought out mothers that could not conceive and that wanted to have a child of ther own. The reasoning, to me, is that most women upon hearing anything unnatural would cringe but those who can't have one would actually praise the effort and sort of be "used" by the scientists to diffuse the media criticism and promote that this is a good thing by telling their sob story about how they couldn't have baby Jane and then the good dr's stepped in and used this "miraculous" advancement in technology to create their little precious bundle of joy.

How else would you get a normal woman to embrace such a thing?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

You and me both brother, evolution is to slow lets speed it up.
Be it genetically or technologically we can be better stronger faster and Iam all for it.
edit on 10-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Nah, it's not stupid, just flying far over your head.

It's 100% irrelevant that they all come from human beings. Just show how clueless you are to what I'm trying to get at.

They are coming from two different women. The X chromosome always has genes from one woman. Genes don't work by their selves. They work together as a whole. So to think that we can randomly take genes from one women and insert it with genes from another without messing something up, is ignorance, and hubris.

edit on 10-3-2013 by nomnom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nomnom

When it comes to science, and getting accessibility to any nifty new Knowledge, I can be any darned percentage I want to be so long as I get access to the papers published on the how-to.

I'll shake and bake up my own modifications if I have to.

I guarantee you it'll be like illegal drugs if tailored gene-mods are proven effective but made illegal, even if gene mods are simply aesthetic, like changing one's brown eyes blue, altering racial skin color, or hair color/type
How-tos, Faqs, and White papers will get writ.
Another-other new and updated anarchist's cookbook will get published with details on setting up your own lab for gene mods.
The information will get put online, or get circulated through other means.

If it's universally condemned and squashed in USA, you can bet someone, somewhere in some rogue little country will get their grubby little paws on it and start building super soldiers.

As controlled substance/knowledge, the only manageable methodology for controlling such tech would be to regulate it where the eager, stupid easily distracted moronic public will get dazzled with trendy, but basically useless gene-mods like bioluminescence, and other simple aesthetic mods compared to mil-tech-spec super reflexes, or anything else that could be classified as mil or LEO.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by nomnom

When it comes to science, and getting accessibility to any nifty new Knowledge, I can be any darned percentage I want to be so long as I get access to the papers published on the how-to.

I'll shake and bake up my own modifications if I have to.

Damned the arrogance of ATS members never ceases to astound me.

I'll just say, "that's nice dear"...

I guarantee you it'll be like illegal drugs if tailored gene-mods are proven effective but made illegal, even if gene mods are simply aesthetic, like changing one's brown eyes blue, altering racial skin color, or hair color/type
How-tos, Faqs, and White papers will get writ.
Another-other new and updated anarchist's cookbook will get published with details on setting up your own lab for gene mods.
The information will get put online, or get circulated through other means.

Alright, let me simplify this some. Anyone can get information on new technology. Few can actually build it correctly to do what it's intended. That gap will only increase with time.

You want to be a mad-genius, go to it. Just saying you're being very naive if you think most people will have access to this tech. The rate of advancement is too high to see it spread out as some have in the past. It will create a rift between the haves and have nots far too great to be considered the same kind of human being.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nomnom

You don't know who I am do you?

You're more than welcome to visit your presumption of mediocrity upon me if that makes you feel better.

Mediocre people expect mediocrity, so, I suppose that's not too unexpected.
Poor thing.
Your propensity for underestimation is only outdone by your supreme facility for self-deluding handicapping assumption.

Feel free in attempting to convince all the other birds on how it's impossible to leave the nest, but, in time, the only chirp you'll hear in your downy fringed redoubt will be your own.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Be all tingly...whatever.

This is research to eventually create a slave race for the elite. If you cannot see where this will go you are not thinking. Sex slaves sexually enhanced women that live for sex, all the perversions and power plays that the ruling class want so bad...it makes them tingly. :shk:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by nomnom

You don't know who I am do you?

You're more than welcome to visit your presumption of mediocrity upon me if that makes you feel better.

Mediocre people expect mediocrity, so, I suppose that's not too unexpected.
Poor thing.
Your propensity for underestimation is only outdone by your supreme facility for self-deluding handicapping assumption.

Wow! If you set your ego aside your 150+ IQ may become useful. Mediocrity comes in many flavors. You can be very smart (high iQ) yet so egotistical you cannot reason properly. Become a bit more humble and you will see things more clearly and be able to reason properly once you see past the mirror.

Just trying to pass on some good advice.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

I'd clone myself in a heartbeat.
Just sayin.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by innocenttdreams

You want to raise a baby that is an exact replica of yourself? Why? Its much more exciting to see what nature had in store for your baby.

Ego. :shk:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Be all tingly...whatever.

This is research to eventually create a slave race for the elite. If you cannot see where this will go you are not thinking. Sex slaves sexually enhanced women that live for sex, all the perversions and power plays that the ruling class want so bad...it makes them tingly. :shk:

It's wonderful in studying certain demographics how victim mentality presents itself where many actually choose to be victims.
You're more than welcome to be a victim all you want. You sound almost eager to become a sex slave you fill it out with such detail. Have fun with that.

I'm just curious; why would the elite want sex slaves, or any kind of slaves when they already have them?
Throw some paltry paper with numbers on and some worthless promises at some people and they'll do anything.
Empty but convincing threats sometimes work just as well.

If you start reading books, that imagination might just be capable of working out some other possible horror show the spooky all powerful Elite stomping through our streets just dragging people out of their houses for any and every undignified purpose right now could visit upon all of us poor widdle vicitms.

Do the Elite wear tophats and have dastardly mustaches too?
I might actually find that kinda secksy if they do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join