It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea television takes a look at american poverty - The other side of propaganda

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Hahaha...I wonder if they get to see and hear the propaganda that the West says about them and laugh just as hard?

I'll answer that, apart from a few at the top- no

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Its hard to believe that this is really what they are saying. Their is allot of contradiction in the video, from the view point of a Korean. Allot of questions could be asked, these people can afford 120 dollars shoes but they cant get a cup of tap water?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
There is some truth to it. There is truth in every lie and a lie in every truth. Good thing they haven't seen this.
Every large city has homeless in the hundreds.

Rudy Eugene, 31, was killed by a Miami Police officer May 26 as he savagely attacked homeless resident Ronald Poppo on a busy MacArthur Causeway off-ramp, chewing off half of Poppo's face in broad daylight while traffic whizzed past.

The gruesome incident, caught on tape by security cameras at the nearby Miami Herald building, has made international headlines and stunned those who knew Eugene -- those who now struggle to understand how and why he committed such a violent crime.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Anybody who reads my post know I am not normaly the voice of reason.

But I find the video funny and sad. Funny for the way we are all portrayed.

But sad that some of these people were actually filmed living under these conditions.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I have never felt more terrible than finding myself laughing at a video that featured imagery of the homeless. Never thought of eating the birds in my backyard before so I'll be sure to serve bird on Tuesday but alas, no snow here so I guess that means that we'll not have any coffee with it. The other one that I found humorous was the shot of a building in a foreign country but it was purported to be an American city posing as a city in a foreign country or something silly like that. Plus a lot of the footage appeared rather dated in regards to cars and mass transit in the street scenes. Maybe some city is like that here but most of the cars and mass transit in my area are newer. It's rare to see a jalopy. Overall, of course they are going to focus on the problems that we do actually have in the US. It's great propaganda and to be fully expected. It's not like we do anything different with N. Korea so, regardless of some of the silliness, the fact that they are focusing on the homelessness issues here is the one guarantee about this little video. Now to go make bird traps...

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
Anybody who reads my post know I am not normaly the voice of reason.

But I find the video funny and sad. Funny for the way we are all portrayed.

But sad that some of these people were actually filmed living under these conditions.

You are sad for people that sleep on benches waiting for heroin? Free food in the trees? Free snow to melt and drink? There must be something wrong with you.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Just sad that anyone has to live like that. Did you take that video to heart? Have you looked at the numbers of the honest folks that lost their homes to foreclosure that live on the street or in shelters?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I liked the part where the North Korean camera crew gave coffee to the homeless person and how North Korea is providing aid to The USA
Also How it is cold and snowy in the US.

Wow, could this be reverse propaganda from the US government attempting to demonize North Korea?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Beartracker16

North Korea needs no help by anyone to be demonized. Anyone in the world can look into their nation with Google Earth and see, clearly, the bleak truth..... This really did sound corny and off enough to fit with propaganda from a closed and isolated nation.

I recall a couple different books about Soviet defectors over the years where the same event happened with them in about the same way. It made it memorable. At some point with the defectors though, they would take them out of their little hidey hole in the Washington area and drive them around for a short orientation to what America actually was compared to what they'd seen it as being from the highly censored Soviet media. In the couple I'd thinking about the reaction was shock and disbelief that it wasn't all there for show and the media (D.C. and the surrounding around for shopping malls, strip malls and major interstates). They'd literally been so totally closed off as to disbelieve some of that COULD be real and across the whole nation.

This video is sad in that way...but I don't doubt the real chance it's genuine, either. Poor North Korean citizens...that's who I feel for. Again, Google Earth shows all and when it's THAT bad, it is that obvious, IMO.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
LOL

This is how they live in modern day America, cold, alone and homosexual.

I gotta hand it to the North Koreans, they do make great comedy
edit on 9-3-2013 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
"the telephones on the wall dont work - There is nobody to call."

hahahaha

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Beartracker16

Don't forget the wood material to build these tents came from N.Korea because we don't have many trees here either. In fact that's how we catch the birds because they have no trees to land in.

On Tuesdays all the homeless people stand real still with their arms outward waiting for a bird to land.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Credenceskynyrd

Originally posted by superman2012
Hahaha...I wonder if they get to see and hear the propaganda that the West says about them and laugh just as hard?

I'll answer that, apart from a few at the top- no

Yah, but we know that we embellish their plight just as much. All I see and hear of NK is troops goose stepping and missiles firing, with a sprinkle of bigoted cultural caricatures of their leaders thrown in.

So we do it even more than they. Its called propaganda and indoctrination. Its very important too, as the reality is the US Military occupies half of their country.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I was did not know the U.S occupied half of "N Korea's country" could you elaborate please?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Don't laugh too hard...I am guessing they are trying to prove a point to their followers that life is not so bad for them after all.

The truth is, poverty dwells everywhere. There is no border that poverty doesn't exist within.

Pretty sad propaganda really...

"See? The Americans have poor folks just like you! Except we take care of you and that evil USA lets their people die on the streets."

It's so f'd up it is hard to find words. The really sad-sad part is there is an element of truth in that....but isn't that the best propaganda of all...a gigantic story based on fact?

We do have folks living in the streets (that are not paved in gold by the way)...we do have people that are hungry...we do have people dieing from exposure...this is just a inconvenient reality.

I see something like this and it makes me think they are trying to show that "their people" don't have it so bad..."see, the west has poor and hungry folks too"...

Maybe we need to work on fixing that before we smack down on others for it....

How about dropping ridiculous laws and expenses that stop clever people from starting a business?....meh...it would be a start....
edit on 3/9/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Anyone have an alternate link? Try to pull it up and get a private video message. Don't know the title off the video either or I would try to find it myself.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Im getting the same thing, when i try to play it it says this video is private.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It says this video is private? I would sure like to know the jest of it all.

Is this to make them feel like we are less than human and not worthy of living?

You know how western media makes people believe that regions in the Middle east are like sqwaller before they go in and destroy it?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Well shoot.... No one downloaded that to hard drive and saved it before they took it away? I wonder how closely they watch social media. Maybe the sting of reaction was strong as I'd imagine reaction in the US would be pretty similar all over. Near comedy. lol... I wish I'd thought to save it. I will if another like it comes around.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
reply to post by superman2012

Just sad that anyone has to live like that. Did you take that video to heart? Have you looked at the numbers of the honest folks that lost their homes to foreclosure that live on the street or in shelters?

Sorry, my sarcasm doesn't translate well on here. I do realize this happens to everyday people, but that video was ridiculous.
Brb, going to melt some snow so I can have a bath.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join