It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Extraterrestrials exist? Of course they do!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

You said:

Thanks neoholographic, for an interesting discussion. It is certainly one of, if not the biggest questions of mankind, "are we alone?". I simply disagree with your statement on "overwhelming evidence". If that were true, we wouldn't still be asking the question, right?

I don't think this is the case because of people's belief systems. So there's overwhelming evidence for extraterrestrials it's just that normal rules of gathering and weighing the evidence doesn't apply for extraterrestrials.

With extraterrestrials you need extraordinary evidence which is subjective and silly but this is what you will hear especially from pseudoskeptics.

So the evidence can be overwhelming it's just not subjectively extraordinary.

As far as Panspermia, I do think it's improbable that life started on earth. I think when you look at life from the standpoint of the universe as a whole, life originating on earth is just a miracle. It's reducing the universe to earth and it's an egocentric view of life if you ask me.

I think the fact that we're finding the building blocks of life on Comets and we're learning about more things we can do with synthetic biology, the more likely scenario is that life is seeded on planets and that life then adapts to the environment of that planet.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Do you understand how children believe their parents lie that Santa Claus existence is true? Their parents put presents under the tree with tags that say "from Santa" and the cookies left out are half eaten come morning time..

Everything that wicked men need you to believe will be accompanied by those same "proofs", because like the little child, you will not question whether or not their assertion is even true in the first place nor will you think to critically examine the evidence (presents and cookies) and notice that the handwriting on the tag is the same as your mother's handwriting and that the cookies show the bite pattern of your buck toothed dad.

Why? Because you WANT Santa (the lie) to be true and because you trust the source who gave you the lie.

It's only when the child comes into the truth (that santa's existence is a lie) will he even realise that the evidence was all manufactured.

The thief only comes to steal, kill and destroy. He lies and deceives to accomplish this.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by neoholographic

You're being entirely too literal.

If you want to play pretend imaginary something maybe somewhere, go watch some science fiction, or better, read some.

If you just want validation, there's plenty of people all over the internet that will tell you anything and everything you ever wanted to hear.
There's even people that will sell you the chance to go out and watch invisible alien spaceships land where you can then see the invisible aliens.
Um, well, 'see' might be too strong a word.

If you want to take a critical view without any room for foolery, silliness, hijinx, hoaxes or hoo-hah, then, you'll stop with the saucer-eyed mooney stuff, sit still, and wait.
... and wait.
... and wait.
and be happy waiting until we have actual confirmation for the existence of life elsewhere.

You mean like when people go out with Greer?
I agree with you on your thoughts about detecting alien life. Even if we detect alien life as intelligent as us and uses radio (like us) for communication...that doesn't mean a whole lot. It would take years for the signal to even reach them, and then years for their response to get back to here. So while detecting alien life is a big deal(even bigger deal if they're intelligent), we can't get to where they are anyways.....so we wouldn't be able to do much about it anyways.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic
reply to post by ItDepends

You said:

Thanks neoholographic, for an interesting discussion. It is certainly one of, if not the biggest questions of mankind, "are we alone?". I simply disagree with your statement on "overwhelming evidence". If that were true, we wouldn't still be asking the question, right?

I don't think this is the case because of people's belief systems. So there's overwhelming evidence for extraterrestrials it's just that normal rules of gathering and weighing the evidence doesn't apply for extraterrestrials.

With extraterrestrials you need extraordinary evidence which is subjective and silly but this is what you will hear especially from pseudoskeptics.

So the evidence can be overwhelming it's just not subjectively extraordinary.

As far as Panspermia, I do think it's improbable that life started on earth. I think when you look at life from the standpoint of the universe as a whole, life originating on earth is just a miracle. It's reducing the universe to earth and it's an egocentric view of life if you ask me.

I think the fact that we're finding the building blocks of life on Comets and we're learning about more things we can do with synthetic biology, the more likely scenario is that life is seeded on planets and that life then adapts to the environment of that planet.

Do you never stop to realise that a computer simulation could run every gauge and meter in a nuclear power plant and that the supposedly produced electricity could simply be fed from an underground electrical supply, and yet 99% of the staff operating at said nuclear power plant would never know that it is a sham? (For clarity sake, this is hypothetical)

Likewise, do you never stop to critically examine that it is an occult stamped and branded organisation that puts up all of these satellites and such, and it is the same organisation that gives you all of this 'evidence' which leads you to conclude as you do?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join