It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What story should be used for the Justice League movie?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by joadco

But again the characters are just way to important and complex to simply introduce and throw on to the screen, even if the movie was 3 hours long.

Its like picking up and reading Final Crisis without reading Countdown to Final Crisis, you wont really know what the hell is going on, I tried

Or better yet its like reading the first New 52 JLA issue without reading the other stand alones, you just keep asking yourself "Why? Why!? WHY!?".
edit on 8-3-2013 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

Lol yea so true but then again batman's story has already been told and with man of steel superman's story will have been told too. Maybe they tie it in with tdkr somehow like maybe with superman pulling batman out of the bat just before it blows up. They can have batman return to Gotham after seeing how bad things have gotten again with the center influencing people to do really evil things such as sacrificing kids and whatnot. Maybe even wonder woman is mentioned or something.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by forgetmenot

I wouldn't see it as a ripoff, but all the naysayers and Marvel fan boys would

I believe following the model Marvel created is the only way to make a movie like The Avengers or Justice League.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Lol yea same here. I think it would be more like watchmen which is what the story was influenced by. Which wouldn't be so bad seeing as how it's also dc.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by joadco

Well I have heard a rumor (very very unreliable ones) that Christan Bale is down to play Batman in a Justice League movie, so if that is true (unlikely) than I could see Man of Steel and The Dark Knight universes be connected, that would take care of those two characters.

But you still have the Green Lantern (unless they want to go with the Ryan Reynolds version which was very very meh), the Flash (which I heard they are making a movie) and at least Wonder Women (which they are also making a movie).

They could introduce the Martian Manhunter in the JLA movie and make him the catalyst for the plot.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Yea and they can also reintroduce green lantern too. Get a new actor and everything. He was introduced in the new frontier storyline as well. So were Martian Manhunter, aquaman, and Ray palmer.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by joadco

Lets just leave Aquaman out shall we, I mean he is okay, he is a classic character. But every time I see him I'm always asking myself "Why is Aquaman there? Whats he going to do against Darkseid?" At least Batman can use his prep time powers to gain an edge

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Lol yea but in new frontier, well the movie anyway, he's the one that returns superman after everyone thinks he was killed by the center. That's the only time he makes an appearance which is suitable for a superhero as useless as him

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
How about the cast though? My pick would be the batman we already have and the upcoming superman, Alex Russell as Hal Jordan/ Green Lantern, Ryan Gosling as Barry Allen/ The Flash, Vin Diesel as Jonn Jonnz/ Martian Manhunter, and Gina Carano as Diana Prince/ Wonder Woman.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

The problem with just making a stand alone Justice League movie with no other films to back it up would be a significant lack of character development.

I'm not so sure...you could use some quick flashbacks to get the gist across. It isn't like we don't know their back stories already anyhow....

Does need a central villain though...or of course....the Legion of Doom!

reply to post by joadco

I can't see Christian Bale signing on for being Batman in the JLA. Why not have Ryan Reynolds reprise Green Lantern? Personally, I thought Brandon was the PERFECT Superman, but alas, the writing in that movie sucked.
edit on 13-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Personally I don't think Reynolds or Routh suited the parts they played.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Openeye

The problem with just making a stand alone Justice League movie with no other films to back it up would be a significant lack of character development.

I'm not so sure...you could use some quick flashbacks to get the gist across. It isn't like we don't know their back stories already anyhow....

Does need a central villain though...or of course....the Legion of Doom!

reply to post by joadco

I can't see Christian Bale signing on for being Batman in the JLA. Why not have Ryan Reynolds reprise Green Lantern? Personally, I thought Brandon was the PERFECT Superman, but alas, the writing in that movie sucked.
edit on 13-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

I thought Joseph Levitt Gordon was set to be Batman in JL?
Brandon Routh played Christopher Reeves perfectly, but Superman, not IMO.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Double post.
I remember the flash movie as a kid, I loved it, watched it as an adult a few years back ( should say tried to) it was terrible. I hope the next one is good.
I wanna see flash vibrate his molecules through a wall.
edit on 16-3-2013 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join