It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What story should be used for the Justice League movie?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
If you ask me I think the new frontier storyline should be used. Just have it take place in the present when we're dealing with natural disasters and people doing so many evil things. It would be perfect for The Center story. Have Obama in there making a new new frontier speach. Yes I put new in there twice on purpose. What are your thoughts on this?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
since its the first one im sure they will go the route they seem to always go like with spiderman and make a boring introduction style one that tells all the back story and how its formed rather then assuming most people to see it knwo about it and make it badass.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Yea and it could also be political, the three main superheroes are already friends, it could have Martian Manhunter's origin, and they could redo Green Lantern's origin too.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
No story whatsoever. Avengers worked as well as it did because they built up anticipation by taking the easiest storyline, taking all the main characters involved, and developing individual storylines in a game plan that took 7 years to complete, from development to release.

None of the Justice League characters have ever even been implied to be involved with one another, in any stand alone film, nor has any of the behind-the-scenes been meant to imply a union of the characters. At this point, they would have to set up a careful line of DC movies to illustrate the individual characters involved, before even considering a consolidation. Because first and foremost, they need to know that DC can find a Whedon-esque director to ensure that the endeavor doesn't flounder like the overall DC setup (so far as JL characters are concerned) has done so far. Alone? Decent. As a build up? Man of Steel will determine that, but as it stands now, leave Comic Cinema Consolidated to the Marvel team. They've proven they can do it. If Sony decides to snatch a piece, it has a lot of groundwork to cover first.

Back to the question - my short answer: that's the wrong question. The better question is, how do they set up the Justice League movie, not even considering the script? See above.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
That's why the new frontier storyline is the best way to go. It has a few of the origins there, and superman and batman's stories have already been started, maybe they would just have to find a way to get wonder woman's origin in there too. This story actually is the setup for the justice league.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by joadco

Cosmic odyssey.
A JLA movie needs a villian the caliber of Darkseid.
Otherwise the movie will be over in 5 mins.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
That is why this one would be perfect. In the comics there was an alien presence but in the animated movie there was the center who influenced people in the same way that lucifer himself does. Also it was a bug island called dinosaur island that released a lot of prehistoric creatures. Plus even superman was brought down by this island. So it was a big challenge for the rest of the league.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by joadco

That is why this one would be perfect. In the comics there was an alien presence but in the animated movie there was the center who influenced people in the same way that lucifer himself does. Also it was a bug island called dinosaur island that released a lot of prehistoric creatures. Plus even superman was brought down by this island. So it was a big challenge for the rest of the league.

Wasn't the island itself a mutant? And it kept trapping mutants and draining them of their energy for its own use? Polaris blew it out of the water...literally.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
But the center was the main antagonist in the comics too.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Not sure. The way I'm describing it though was how it was used in new frontier.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Don't you have to have a Formation Story ?

My favorite Super Hero is the Green Lantern.
Marvel: Iron Man.
edit on 8-3-2013 by BaltimoreBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
You mean how they team up?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by joadco
You mean how they team up?

YES How they originally get together.

I had the old Justice League comic books from the early 1960's.
My ex-wife has them.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
That could come after. This is actually before but they do team up and in the end it shows that they do become the justice league. It could be titled the same as the comic which was dc the new frontier. Not exactly justice league.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Darkseid right off the bat. Or mongel. They have to start off with a bang otherwise they risk going the way of Superman Returns (
)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by joadco

Cosmic odyssey.
A JLA movie needs a villian the caliber of Darkseid.
Otherwise the movie will be over in 5 mins.

Bam! You said it first so I'm quoting you!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
If they used a big villain like that then it would be hard to use him again in possible sequels. Just like in the avengers. They didn't start off with thanos. They set up a story to bring him in later. He's like darkseid too. Why start with the big one when you know it can't get better once he's taken care of?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by joadco

The Justice League movie will be hard to make, I also have a hard time believing that it would be that good and I am a huge DC fan.

The reason I think it would be hard is that they would basically have to rip off the Marvel films to create a good story, i.e. having individual movies to introduce most of the characters, and then having a villain with power enough to bring them together (which I guess is a given). Darkseid is the obvious choice, or Brainiac, but I think they are saving him/it for the sequel to Man of Steel.

The problem with just making a stand alone Justice League movie with no other films to back it up would be a significant lack of character development. In the Marvel movies we had other films to back up the actors abilities to portray their characters (minus Jeremy Renner and Mark Ruffalo), most of the individual characters in the Avengers did not need to be greatly explored, all that needed to be done was to explore their interactions with each other, and it was executed (nearly) perfectly.

Just my two cents

edit on 8-3-2013 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

Yea exactly. But why take the epic out of the epic? With this story they team up because it's the only choice they have and without it being a plan in the first place like in the avengers. It just happens because the center threatens to destroy humankind.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye
reply to post by joadco

The reason I think it would be hard is that they would basically have to rip off the Marvel films to create a good story, i.e. having individual movies to introduce most of the characters, and then having a villain with power enough to bring them together (which I guess is a given). Darkseid is the obvious choice, or Brainiac, but I think they are saving him/it for the sequel to Man of Steel.

Do you or anyone else think that instead of seen as ripping off, that using this formula could instead prove to be the right way to go about superhero movies (or at least group efforts like Avengers and JL)?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join