It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello to ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Ive been lurking on here for quite some time and finally decided I would like to contribute.

A little about me. Ive spent some time in the military. Went to a couple of wars. Grew up in a rural area in the south. I don't believe either political parties care about the "regular guy", only about getting reelected and campaign donations. Both sides speak out the side of their mouth and do the total opposite of what they say. I supported Ron Paul, not because I agree with everything he says, but because he says what he means not what he thinks I want to hear. And to those who say hes just doing that to try to get elected and is just like the rest, well, why not can he be worse than what we have at least try something different. If the main stream media hate him so much he can't be all bad.

My encounter with UFO's

Well I'm from the south, of course ive seen a UFO. Anyway, I was around 14 and my brother comes into my room late at night telling me to look out the window over a hill which is approximately 1 mile away. Over the hill were two bright orbs of light hovering. The hill was wooded with no house within a couple of miles. These two orbs hovered and zipped around in an erratic fashion at speeds that were impossible for an aircraft for about ten minutes until both zipped off at the same time into the sky. I have never been able to explain it and it never happened again. This experience always stuck with me, but then again it never caused me any sleepless nights. Fast forward 25 yrs and im talking to my older brother (not the one who came into my room). He lives very close to where we were living at the time of the sighting. While we are outside talking he points to the same hill and begins telling me of two orbs of light him and his son had seen about ten years ago over the hill. It did the same thing I remember seeing and he had even taped it with his video recorder. Apparently he had been looking for the recording recently which prompted the story. He was even more surprised when I told him of my experience. I would love to see the tape but he hasn't found it. I told him black ops came in and confiscated it. I'm not sure if I'm kidding or not.

More about me

Religious affiliation. Raised Baptist now nothing really. I just cant logically convince myself their is an almighty anything out their worried about my soul and gives a crap about me.

Ive lived in Europe ten of the last twenty years and now Im back in the the U.S. thank god. Nothing against Europe or Europeans but Its a little to crowded and to... ummm European for me.

well thats all i have for now.

Thanks for your time

Kronar

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kronar

Welcome K...

I supported Ron Paul, not because I agree with everything he says, but because he says what he means not what he thinks I want to hear.

Keep that mentality and you shall do fine here.

I just cant logically convince myself their is an almighty anything out their worried about my soul and gives a crap about me.

Stop trying...you already figured it out.

Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Welcome,

Fellow K!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kronar

Welcome to ATS...you made it just in time for midnight snacks....enjoy....

I'm a Southern Gal AKA....Bubbette....

Des

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kronar

Welcome Welcome!

Glad you climbed aboard and joined the crew

Enjoy your stay and cool UFO story. I'm from the south as well.

I have never left the states before. Thanks for sharing a little about yourself

Peace and love
-nat the cat-

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
It's still early here
But what the hell

Cheers and welcome

Cody
edit on 8/3/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Courtesy Is Mandatory.
What are these P F K W S ?
Visit here - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
How to Upload Your Pics & Avatars (also) Need a custom Avatar?
Your Terms and Conditions Of Use (also) Reaffirming ATS Policies

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Thanks for all your welcomes. Ill give those links a browse Johny. It seems posting is a little complicated sometimes like what is and is not considered profanity. Some people have different definitions. Hopefully those links will clear it up.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thank You for the snacks Destiny.

I gained three pounds just looking at that picture

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Thank you Nat

Your not missing much. Nice to visit other places sometimes but they aint got that "Southern charm".

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Kronar

Welcome aboard, and enjoy the ride!

Glad ya finally had the gumption to throw in some vittles.

(Ok, I'm way north of you, and I fail at southern accents.)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Hi and welcome, new myself!

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Glad you made the leap to join, congratulations!

Welcome

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
hi

new topics

top topics

join