It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea voids non-aggression pacts with South and severs hotline with Seoul

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

SEOUL — North Korea announced Friday it was voiding non-aggression pacts with South Korea and severing a hotline with Seoul, hours after the UN Security Council adopted tough new sanctions on Pyongyang.

North Korea "abrogates all agreements on non-aggression reached between the North and the South," the state-run Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of Korea said in a statement.

"It notifies the South side that it will immediately cut off the North-South hotline," said the statement, which was carried by the official Korean Central News Agency.

Just breaking over the wire for the most part. This is starting to seem like more than just posturing and drum beating. They N. Koreans seem pretty pissed after the recent UN sanctions.

ETA: Source[editb y]edit on 3/7/2013 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Man, I got a weird feeling holy hell is getting ready to break loose in the world. Everybody's gonna be KunFu fighting.

edit on 7-3-2013 by Apollumi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I'll stamp my feet and spit my dummy............then I won't answer the phone!.............ok?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I still think it is posturing by NK.

If you were going to do something you would not telegraph it like this. You would just do it.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Well, this is escalating, isn't it? It's not just mere words anymore and that IS a new step from past moves out of him or his father.

I wonder how concerned Seoul military command is at the moment? I imagine there might be a lonely little tree on a South Korean Military Base feeling very very endangered right about now.

Here is hoping Kim is bluffing and blustering as always. The problem I see....it's not a bluff if he pushes it. That guy really DOES have the near unbelievable numbers in equipment, manpower and rifles to send across the DMZ. I'm afraid the U.S. Soldiers on the line would get run clean over.....although no one has really expected much different in a FULL invasion.

'May you live in interesting times...' One Chinese was said to have spoken long ago. Well, 'May he be reincarnated as the janitor at the world's largest fortune cookie factory'. That's what I've come to think of interesting times.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by wdkirk

No............seriously, we are gonna nuke you ok................Honest, we are....................just push my buttons some more.

I think he needs to work things out a little better.

Millions of men crossing in one space into the south........like shooting fish in a barrel. You won't even make it 100ft.

You are screwed mate.
edit on 7-3-2013 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Having just watched Killshot Iam freaking out a bit.
Don't watch it If you want to sleep tonight.

Dear God/Buddha/Odin/Bod/Vishnu/Apollo please don't let anyone drop a nuke near Korea.
Lots of love BM xxx

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I would have to agree. To me, voiding a non-aggression pact only points to one end, well two, the obvious, and perhaps just a new level of saber rattling. I am sure there are quite a few "Threat Level: Red" alerts in S. Korea atm.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Kim is not the only one involved here, there may come a point when someone
else deems it prudent to pull the trigger first.

This is getting out of control fast. I wonder what the response is going to be from ROK and
the Chinese.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Well Twitter exploded....again.

Here's the thing.

1. Why hasn't 'Merica do what they did with Bin Ladin? Land on chubs house and drag him out by the collar of the stupid suits he wears.

2. Why hasn't any other country invade them and free the people? No body likes NK it's like the Toronto of the world.

That is all.
edit on 7-3-2013 by Agent008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
If we all use our minds and sing this song I dunno maybe the global human consciousness will make everything ok.

I feel so helpless It's the best I can think of.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
This would be very bad for the North, and the South aside from them is most at risk .. nobody is standing behind north korea right now so any action on their part to launch an attack is going to be the end of them if you ask me..

South is allied with the west .. so an attack on them would bring broader retaliation I think.. and any use of nuclear weapons, pointed at anyone.. would be suicide

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent008
Well Twitter exploded....again.

Here's the thing.

1. Why hasn't 'Merica do what they did with Bin Ladin? Land on chubs house and drag him out by the collar of the stupid suits he wears.

2. Why hasn't any other country invade them and free the people? No body likes NK it's like the Toronto of the world.

That is all.
edit on 7-3-2013 by Agent008 because: (no reason given)

Mostly because so far N. Korea has been the equivalent of a whiney baby stomping it's feet for attention.. it's so known for it's rhetoric that they aren't taken very seriously .. nuclear tests are provocative though.. they might find the more serious threats now are more met with serious reaction.. they do need to tone it back a bit or I think theya re going to get a spanking.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Lmao ... no it wont BM, calm down though ... Don't be afraid.
Uncle Sam has your back and your wallet lol

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Oh and kudos to the OP .. I have like 5 news apps on my phone and I saw this thread prior to any of the "breaking" alerts I got about this =) lol

S&F for that alone.. great on the trigger finger

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Have Faith EA*RTH has always been Watched
And so the consciousness/Souls of all like Wheat and chaff would be as well...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

china and russia are both on board with the new sanctions..n korea has no real friends at the moment..something is going to happen i just dont know what

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Just hope they are watching me

jk of course.

I just got a baaaaaad feeling about this.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Well, this is escalating, isn't it? It's not just mere words anymore and that IS a new step from past moves out of him or his father.

I don't know ... I'm still hesitant to take them too seriously, but time will tell .. right now I still envision this as "stop or I'm going to hold my breath until you stop!!!"

The big problem I have with taking this seriously is how vain they are..the new baby Kim, like his father, wants to be a local hero and look bigger than life.. wants to have legends told about him .. he's too young to do something that would end his life so quickly.. he doesn't want to die, I seriously doubt it.. and I doubt he has any delusions that he could actually win such a war unless he's bought into his dad's own propaganda and his own military is stringing him along.. scary thought that he might be deluded enough to think he could win.. but again, I doubt that.. so I think this is still just chest puffing and tantrum throwing.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
just don't understand if mass EMPs can subdue and leave population local safe then... Why Nukes unless under extreme defense?

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join