It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Fake people really exist?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It takes a whole lot more energy to be fake than to be authentic. Everyone has their own reasons for what they do. Most of the time they are oblivious to those reasons. It's a shame too. Good on anyone that takes the time to look inside themselves for more than 2 seconds.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Can Fake People Really Exist?

Most people would **** their pants if they really understood how others look at them.

And besides that; most people don't even know who they are, understand their motivations; or even want to know. Ignorance is bliss in Western Culture.

Everything you think about yourself is wrong! Your ego, environment, culture and powers of rationalization has shaped you into a charlatan with a mask and alternative persona.

Now go buy some skinny jeans, converse basketball shoes and express your individuality....

And don't forget the OH so hip little narrow brimmed hat! Fashionistas rule....
And ink OMG...more ink...........

Pop culture is such a powerful force to make people do, say and act in the current fad du jour; planned, manufactured and marketed by old men in leather, glass and chrome offices. I know.... I'm one of those old men!!

Ever notice how fashion is cyclical, so many movies are spinoffs or remakes, and TV is mostly trash? That's not by accident!

s&f

edit on 8-3-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
From what I've been able to gather, non-reflective, non-self examining people in many ways are not REALLY alive but simply exist as a conglomerate of self-indulgent, narcissistic pursuits and are all-consumed with the one thing that really dies, so theirs is a deathful life leading to a dead end street.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

The human deceptive device is speach. Urges are the animal which nature put within us to make us obey her command. Human beings want to go against nature, and make themselves distinct from her will. Nature gave us speach to ensure humans would not know eachothers true motives. There is more going on here than you may of understood.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Fake people are liars.

The truth will set you free.

A real person will try to be as honest as possible, or if they don't want you to know something, they simply won't tell you.

So a wife just spent hours trying to make herself look good, raving about some new dress she bought and how much she loves it, comes down to meet her husband. Asks him before they leave, "How do you think I look?" we all know this to be a loaded question, especially when asked right before a lovely evening dinner. In all actuallity he thinks the new dress is hideous and makes her look horrible. He knows she is highly emotional and it would ruin her night to say anything other than something positive. So he lies to not only spare her feelings but to spare him from being imprisoned in damage control for the next week. What a fake liar he is right?
edit on 8-3-2013 by g0dhims3lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by g0dhims3lf

Excellent point, I think many of us have been there before

That is a circumstance where not being fake could ruin everything and possibly even your relationship.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

So a wife just spent hours trying to make herself look good, raving about some new dress she bought and how much she loves it, comes down to meet her husband. Asks him before they leave, "How do you think I look?" we all know this to be a loaded question, especially when asked right before a lovely evening dinner. In all actuallity he thinks the new dress is hideous and makes her look horrible. He knows she is highly emotional and it would ruin her night to say anything other than something positive. So he lies to not only spare her feelings but to spare him from being imprisoned in damage control for the next week. What a fake liar he is right?

Nice analogy to make a point. I agree.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I have a question..... Why?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Nice analogy to make a point. I agree.

What BS! Stupid dichotomy and a typical fictionalized view of marriage and relationships.
A real man would have spoken the truth, been honorable to both his wife and himself. A solid relationship can stand with out lies, deception and fake respect. There is such a thing as tact, compassion and a relationship founded on mutual respect and truth can flourish with out the BS. See how culture can determine our behavior and rationalize a needless lie.

I don't agree...In fact it's disgusting.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Put yourself in the shoes of the woman and you will see the lie was justified. Your looking at the morality of the decison from the perspective of the male.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

reply to post by olaru12

Put yourself in the shoes of the woman and you will see the lie was justified. Your looking at the morality of the decison from the perspective of the male.

Right, defend the expansion of "fake people"...what this thread is about.
I put the question to my GF and she responded with...."Don't BS me, I can take the truth"
My first marriage failed because of the lies by both myself and her.

Compromising the truth for expediency is the cowards way. Obviously you have bought into the fake TV attitudes of marriage and the family. Distort the problem and rationalize it away. I repeat...disgusting!

Wouldn't you think that a person with the user name of gOdhims3lf would be cognizant of the 10 commandments????

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Therefore you are admiting that you have been a liar, no only to her but yourself. Now your liaring to us no doubt to hide the fact all your answers are being generated from emotional response to your failed marriage.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Are you aware that you are cold, calculating, rude and abrasive? If so, carry on because then at least you're not being fake about it.

It would be nice if more people were more honest, even the nasty ones, so that we can better evaluate who to befriend and who to stay clear from.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

reply to post by olaru12

Therefore you are admiting that you have been a liar, no only to her but yourself. Now your liaring to us no doubt to hide the fact all your answers are being generated from emotional response to your failed marriage.

Please leave the commentary of my past to adults have some experience and at least know how to spell or use spell check. You have no credibility without at least those skills. There...is that honest enough for you?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Are you aware that you are cold, calculating, rude and abrasive? If so, carry on because then at least you're not being fake about it.

It would be nice if more people were more honest, even the nasty ones, so that we can better evaluate who to befriend and who to stay clear from.

Yes i know im like this but i dont want to be fake. Its a case of being damned if you do and damned if you dont. I try and not push too far over the limits and know whne to retract. I also would never hurt people i consider special to me.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Please leave the commentary of my past to adults that at least know how to spell or use spell check. You have no credibility without at least those skills.

Do you feel better now. See this is why your marriage failed because you treated your wife like a child. Adults think they have a right to lie to children.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

reply to post by olaru12

Please leave the commentary of my past to adults that at least know how to spell or use spell check. You have no credibility without at least those skills.

Do you feel better now. See this is why your marriage failed because you treated your wife like a child. Adults think they have a right to lie to children.

You know nothing! You are just trying to defend your inexperience in the real world and make up stupid conjecture about someone you have never met. Leave the social psychology to the educated and aware.
Your opinions matter; they just aren't based in reality.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by g0dhims3lf

Does the question even need to be asked? If he thinks the dress looks ugly and he says it's beautiful then of course it is a lie...

If I were put in that situation to comment on a female's clothing (and I have been) I would have just said "I think it looks a bit different from your style of clothing". Or if it were an ugly bright dress I would say " the colors are a bit bright".

No need to lie , nor is there a need to be mean about it.

Also, what happens when people are laughing at her in the street? Or when one of her close female friends or even her sister or mother tells her the truth and knowing she wouldn't be offended? Then she'll know that "I" was the bad guy sending her out to make a fool of herself...

========

I am not claiming I am honest 100% of the time, but I make it my effort to do so. Lying about how I truly feel is dishonesty not with just another person but MYSELF. Telling people lies will put stress on ME as I have to remember which lies I told to whom. If there is something I don't want someone to know, I see no reason to lie, I just wont tell them. Such lying individuals who do not even care that they lie cannot be trusted in my honest opinion and I'd rather stay clear of them...
edit on 8-3-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

How is it a dichotomy? It was a response to another saying that fake people are liars as if the words were directly related. My example was showing an assessment of a situation and acting according to reason for the best possible outcome. I am not saying all situations call for lying or that everyone would do it, only that those that do are not being fake.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Why would people laugh at her on the street? I didn't imply that one persons opinion ought to be shared by everyone.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join