Can Fake people really exist?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I think that to be entirely true and authentic in this ego-driven world of ours, that we have to be prepared to run the risk offending just about everyone..

So it's the authentic person who's repulsive, and the ego-centric fakes who are attractive - imagine that?!

It takes courage then to be real, enough to crash the very gates of inauthenticity!

That's pretty cool imho.

I'm up for that, and if a few "hearts" get broken along the way then that's a good thing - whereby it has been said that "truly civilized man is someone who never hurts another person's feelings unintentionally." ("A World Waiting to be Born" by M.Scott Peck, M.D. also author of "The Road Less Travelled, a New Psychology of Love, Traditional Values and Spiritual Growth.")

Oh that';s so funny, enough to either cause the other person to break up and laugh right along with me at OUR prior absurdity, or to harden still further to the very point of cracking and breaking apart whether now or in the near future.

Best Regards, (honestly)

NAM

P.S. No, my mission isn't really to try to hurt anyone's feelings, but simply to do them the favor of making them real again and therefore alive again. It's the Christian in me I guess, let the reason be the hand that reaches out to you in the pit and in that way it's both my hand and his, and once you've already grasped it, yours too to the next man and so on and so forth until we change the world with an idea whose time has come. Sanity.

And for some, of course, sigh, that the great joke at the end will be for them a "groaner" isn't our responsibility you see, once we've completely extended ourselves in making the reach..! and that makes the joke all the funnier and more precious you see, ah but it keeps going and they too will get it, eventually, but oh the sorrow first it's almost too much to bear so we don't want to make that mistake either and put off the inevitable, and reject the free gift of incalculable value, for fear of having to face our own selves standing there looking in at a reflection of ourselves, locked in - I mean like how bad is that? We made a mistake and forgot who we were, no biggie right?!

LOL

edit on 7-3-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Good question.

I would say there are no fake people. People are doing what they're doing, whether they're pretending to or not, for reasons of their choice. They are being themselves.

If someone has one persona one moment, and uses another persona at another moment, he is not being fake, but being himself by using two personas.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Actually no, some people are completely identified with their roles and take themselves seriously and have no idea what it would mean to be wholly authentic and real.

Some in fact are hard as rock and completely unchangable and without any degree of flexibility whatsoever, both in their persona and in terms of their closely held and cherished opinions.

Such a one would resent the very implication that they are not real or authentic.

You see them everywhere, even in the mirror, but the fake person, he's the one who refuses to see it, and that's kind of funny, if only they could be persuaded to laugh at themselves and at the absurd and ridiculous nature of their own inauthenticity or fakeness.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

This thread is slipping into fakeness. People hiding their true intentions.

I suppose that makes these posts on topic

So in one sentence can you explain why people in this thread or any other thead on Ats for that matter are hiding their true intentions when they post?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Only when we know intuitively and at the most profound, fundamental level, that whoever we are being at any given moment and through all our "activity" both inward and outward (right up to now), isn't really who we ARE but that instead, who we REALLY r, as the true and free and liberated creative self (authentically), is the ONE who is CHOOSING to be and to become, moment by moment - whoever and whatever he/she really wants to be (and that's hilARious!) BUT funnier still, because we might then ask why we're being that way..- without mistaking the role being played with the creative self who chooses how to be, preferably with some modicum of peace and happiness if it were up to me (and it is).

This is our native state of mind and being (you don't care), at rest, and at ease, finally and at long last.

This is called a "Pradhana" or practice, realizing our true state and even our true predicament, which once you get past the fear of the magnitude and the depth and breadth of what's being freely offered then the only thing remaining is the domain of limitless possibility with unconstrained liberation (In the truth and the reality) and it's FUNNY containing imbedded right into the very heart it, immense humor, bliss, joy, and a playful invitation to participate and co-create novel forms and ideas as living expression and embodiment of the eternally evolving infinite Godhead, standing near the very top of a mountain of cosmic evolution - asking the question - "so what do I do NOW?! or "How did you know we would get here?!" (that one always cooks my noodle when I really start to grasp the significance of an infinitely intelligent first/last cause throughout cosmic evolutionary history.

That is or can be easily a very humorous and knowing position to take while remaining entirely FREE (liberated) to be and become whoever we wish to be, starting with the person that we WERE pretending that we really were! and thus like I said - the very best we can hope for, to be real, is to be entirely authentically inauthentic!,Both well aware, and reinteagrated and completely and utterly lacking in any hidden agenda except perhaps the desire for our mutual liberation eventually, inevitably. to be evermore freely and fully self expressed i.e.: REAL (alive). No use being alive and existing in a world full of fakes it must be shared as an intimate participatory communion (koinonia). And nothing less than that truly satisfies.

There's a type of cosmic joke in this at the end of time and history, which starts here of all places with the whole of all creation groaning in travail for the revelation of the sons of God and the Bride of the Spirit.
That's both the saddest and funniest thing I could possibly imagine, and I'm sure it gets even funnier once we've entered into the humor of understanding relative to our absolutely superficial and inauthentic self projection and delusion, of Narcissus (think self reflection).

So it DOES get funner still, once you first get it..

Knocked me down to the very floor with tears of absolute hilarity to the point of gagging and coughing in the middle of the night, near Christmastime before last. It was as if God told me a joke, at the expense of my absolute and utter absurdity and ridiculousness, woke my up straight in the middle of the night, and then there I was, off the bed rolling and laughing and crying (and gagging) ecstatically on the floor, and it all made perfect, rational sense which made me just start laughing all over again as the joke within the joke just kept on unfolding.. crying I was laughing so hard at this realization. My roomate upstairs actually tried to "douse" me (my outburst of laughter which to him appeared, insane!) with a cold wet towel straight into my laughing face! LOL!!!

So I ran around laughing and crying in the liberation and absolute freedom saying (to myself) both "OMG what do I do NOW?" and kind of like "How did he know?" and it was the funniest thing EVER, and it was the end of time in eternity. God had finally caught up with me and my goose was cooked!

Once realized or even re-realized as the case may be (we so often get reabsorbed by the "cares of the world"), we must NEVER forget ourselves again once we are remembered and recognized, and slip back into Narcissus' self absorption or the clenched-up and contracted seperative self as a defense mechanism and a shield by which to stave off our very mortal fear, if not the simple fear of REAL people ie: that ours remains but a charade - how ABSURD don't you see?! [your smile here] .

Won't get fooled again, oh no!
~ The Who

edit on 7-3-2013 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

It's why they (we?) tried to kill Jesus too, for being real, relative to our ego-projection (fakeness). It was the very thing he was crucified relative to! But no need to feel guilty because we all did it and he forgave us all for doing it, so I guess God does get the last laugh, but that he then shares everything, and all the humor and charm, as if holding it in reserve for our re-appropriation just takes the cake! Which I guess makes it the cake that you can both have and eat as well. For those who will.. (it's always a free and non coercive invitation).

And don't worry, I can take it too, your hatred, if it's for his sake and the sake of his immaculate logic and reason, because it can be offensive to the pride of man, but that makes it only all the funnier when you THOUGHT you knew what the joke was to begin with and so it is that our surrender ends in a loving humor and mercy, starting with ourselves and including everyone else, fundamentally because this is where we all share the same ground of being and becoming and communion of the brotherhood of man, so it's a family affair and we we all blind as bats, consumed by Narcissus' most fundamental trick - how ABSURD indeed!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Telling someone you're ignoring them...

Yeah that's "got to be real"

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
The simple answer is this:

Fake people exist, and when a person is not being honest about themselves - their dreams - their motives - who they are - with others, then that is deception and they are a fake manipulative person.

Real people are honest about themselves with others. There is no need to deceive by lying about who they are or what they want. If a real person doesn't want to share some information they just won't say it but there is no need to make up lies...

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Actually no, some people are completely identified with their roles and take themselves seriously and have no idea what it would mean to be wholly authentic and real.

Some in fact are hard as rock and completely unchangable and without any degree of flexibility whatsoever, both in their persona and in terms of their closely held and cherished opinions.

Such a one would resent the very implication that they are not real or authentic.

You see them everywhere, even in the mirror, but the fake person, he's the one who refuses to see it, and that's kind of funny, if only they could be persuaded to laugh at themselves and at the absurd and ridiculous nature of their own inauthenticity or fakeness.

Are you the one to tell them they are fake? I don't think that's a good idea. I think you have an opinion of fake, and seem to apply it quite liberally; but nonetheless, people are who they are, the result of everything they've lived through until now. If that's fake, then we need to change the definition of the word.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   

You missed what I was trying to get at and point to in regards to the strategy of Narcissus whereby we mistake who we think we are with who we really are, and forget that our true self is free to creatively be whoever we want to be at any given moment. One is superficial and inauthentic and the other who knows this, isn't, and is then free to enter into a process of change and growth or transformation, if and as they so choose. The idea here is that the real and authentic person in terms of who they are being and becoming, isn't necessarily who they were, and I'm not talking about the natural changes in a person's life through their life experiences, but a conscious choice to let us say "enter the fray with one's whole being" (Carl Jung) and playing whatever role we are CHOOSING to play, right to the hilt yet never losing or forgetting ourselves as the creative one who is choosing and creating this way of being as our ongoing present moment activity (from which the self arises).

Some people are constrained by their "self" such that they do not possess that freedom and as a result are rigid and inflexible, stoic, serious, etc.

Do you know what I'm trying to convey?

I think that to really exist and be alive is not only to be real and authentic (even in regards to our own inauthenticity or superficiality), but also to grow in accordance with the present moment creative action which is the basis of true life because it's founded on personal freedom and liberation. In other words that we are our own subjective prison keepers, even while also holding the very key to our freedom in the form a profound self-knowledge and self-awareness including an awareness of our own superficiality, inauthenticity, and the bounded knot of our limited, constrained and self-contracted self (Narcissus hedged in all around by the seperative experience staring into his reflection transfixed or locked in, frozen, static - which is inherently degenerative).

"The unexamined life is not worth living."
~ Socrates

Americans in particular are not prone to thinking along these lines, mistaking the ego for the true self, and thinking that their narrow and fairly limited and constrained self is who they really are ie: staring into the reflection, without awareness or self-knowledge i.e.: self absorbed.

From what I suspect, that part is the only part that dies with us..

If so I'm just here to remind myself and as many people as possible, that the inauthentic life is a "deathful life", while the reborn and resurrected life is the life eternal, not as a limited or constrained or self-contracted separative self surrounded by a shield of pretension to protect us from the most grave of mortal fears, but as an unlimited and unconstrained non-particularized true self who is in truth a non-localized spiritual phenomenon.

Can Fake people really exist?

It's a good question, a really good one.

Some people are kinda dead, like hardened shells, but if they only were to realize it and become aware of it, then right away they'd fill right up with new life and new possibility.

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 8-3-2013 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

The simple answer is this:

Fake people exist, and when a person is not being honest about themselves - their dreams - their motives - who they are - with others, then that is deception

Agree

and they are a fake manipulative person.

disagree, being a manipulative person does not make a person Fake they are doing it for self no others.

Real people are honest about themselves......

Agree

There is no need to deceive by lying about who they are or what they want.

disagree the lying is done as a natural in built mechanism of nature. Everybody lies, and you never lie? oh please.

If a real person doesn't want to share some information they just won't say it but there is no need to make up lies...

Disagree the need is what a person decides is necessary for them to progress

My views represent the darkness of Isis and not the Light of Osiris. Yours are a mixture of Dark and Light which means your practicing deception

edit on 8-3-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Actually, the response I was looking for, instead of "don't call me fake" (don't tread on me?), was more along the lines of ROTFLMAO!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
From a different context (as a criticism of traditional spiritual or mystical pursuits) this video explains what I'm trying to convey fairly well regarding the distinction between a "deathful life" and real or true life as the creative, happy liberated and authentic life.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

Since this is in the Psychology, Philosophy & Metaphysics forums ...

Three minute philosophy: Hume.

Accoding to Hume ... you don't exist and nor do I ... it is all just sense data ok!

Furthermore ...

Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy: The Universe (some information to help you live in it!)

And so again ... mathematically we dont exist!

Personal Disclosure: And again you are looking outside yourself at the mirror ...

[Note: IMO Hume was WRONG ok. Because when left with only the sense data and oneself percieving that,... one must conclude that oneself is God and was unconsiously self causal.]

Three minute philosophy: Rene Descartes.

Please stop looking for ways to project blame on anything else but yourself ok!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Thanks OL for S?/F

Please stop looking for ways to project blame on anything else but yourself ok!

Interesting ideas That we could be God. If thats the case then i have the absolute right to project blame on everybody. After all I may be stupid but im not crazy its better to blame others if you can get away with it, if it not?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I think there are layers of real and layers of fake. You mention 'motive' and 'intent' in the OP, but those two do not always match outcome. One of the complications is that none of us exist or operate in a vacuum. Sometimes the motive and intent of one person collides with the motive and intent of another person or group and the outcome that results is something neither party wanted or intended. When that happens, what do you really see? A combination of person A and person B's interaction, that may be false or fake to the true nature of either one of them? One of the problems with 'real' life (and real people) is that it (and they) is (are) messy and all too often misdirected.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by meridie

I think there are layers of real and layers of fake. You mention 'motive' and 'intent' in the OP, but those two do not always match outcome. One of the complications is that none of us exist or operate in a vacuum. Sometimes the motive and intent of one person collides with the motive and intent of another person or group and the outcome that results is something neither party wanted or intended. When that happens, what do you really see? A combination of person A and person B's interaction, that may be false or fake to the true nature of either one of them? One of the problems with 'real' life (and real people) is that it (and they) is (are) messy and all too often misdirected.

Nice explanation. An example of seeing this playout is real life is on a sport field Team A and team B both trying to move the ball in opposite directions and its generally causing it to veer sideways.

edit on 8-3-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Explanation: St*rred!

Yes it is better ... but at that level it is still crazy because it is self delusional and so in returning to Epicurus quote on God (which has been discussed in other threads on philosophy and religion)...

Epicurus (quote on the nature of God) [blog.gaiam.com]

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then He is not omnipotent. Is He able, but not willing? Then He is malevolent. Is He both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is He neither able nor willing? Then why call Him God?

Epicurus (c. 341 - c. 270 BC)

... Therefor God is MALEVOLENT ... and one only has to LOOK IN THE MIRROR to see why ok!

Personal Disclosure: When one stops projecting and stop blaming themselves proxy then the REFLECTED malevolence will go away ok!

The difference is one of MATURITY!

But back to fake people ok ...

I think the concept of the tulpa fits nicely ... Tulpa [wiki]

And I generally direct you to this thread Is the greatest mystery of Life Death ? Or Life itself with the only visible consequence Death. (thread by diamondsmith posted on 12-3-2012 @ 08:44 AM) [ATS]

And specifically to All my replies in that thread. [ATS]

And here is a sample taste of what you can expect ...

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
reply to post by diamondsmith

Explanation: S&F!

Deadmen are not supposed to tell tales and OL is a deadman ... and so OL is breaking traditional protocol but there is nothing in the ATS T&C's that says deadmen can't post .. so I am posting!

Personal Disclosure: We need to discuss exactly how many observers in the universe there are that are automatically collapsing their own and others wave functions down from an infinty of them to a singular crass reality for all of them.

Descartes cogito ergo sum theorum [I think, therefor I AM!] basically shows that we can only prove that we our individual selves exist and then only to our individual selves!

I cant prove you exist and neither can you prove to me that you exist .. and viceversa!

Therefor I can only prove [and only prove to myself] that I actually am an observer.

General Relativity states that everything is centered around and relates exclusively to the observer.

Quantum Mechanics states that the observer automatically collapses their own wavefunction and that of everything thing they observe as well, down to a singular crass reality.

Now form my point of view ...

1] I think ..therefor I AM (the observer)!

And ...

2] I see myself at the center ...

Of ...

3] My reality that I automatically collapsed ... just by observing it!

Therefor I can safely assume that my entire environment is a pure Thoughtform and that everything I interact with is my creation [consiously or unconsiously] in the form of a Tulpa!

I hope this helps clear some things up!

edit on 12-3-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix spelling.

Please enjoy REFLECTING upon such things ^^^^ ... ok!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

This brings me too a point, what is the true motives of people. All human beings are essentially the same arn't they? If so what are the true motives of individuals?

I think that before we can even begin to understand why people act the way they do, first you need to understand why you act they way you do. How can we try to comprehend others thought processes or true intentions when we don't even fully comprehend our own?

Instead of trying to understand why someone is 'acting fake' why don't you try to understand why you yourself have 'acted fake' in the past or present?

Please don't think I'm accusing you personally of acting fake or acting anything else, I'm just trying to put my opinion accross, when I write 'you' I'm talking about you, me and everybody reading this thread.

Ask yourself the questions that you are asking here. Get to know yourself.

We all act differently around different groups of people. I avt differently when in the compaany of my friends thatn I do when at work or with my family.

I act differently when I see a woman I am attracted to than when I see a woman I'm not attracted to. My ego of lust will try to impress her, maybe lie and even make things up to try and impress, even pretend to be interested in the same things she is just to build up a rappor with her.

Try and observe yourself when around different people, observe how you act or behave when in different groups or meeting somebody for the first time...don't worry for now why others do the things they do, worry about why you do the things you do...

Gnobody

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
This thread is slipping into fakeness. People hiding their true intentions.

I suppose that makes these posts on topic
edit on 7-3-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

Come to thinks of it, we have different personalities online..

Peace

Maybe the key is to take our online personality and apply that to real life. Laugh easily, say what you are thinking, admit and apologise when you're wrong, constantly correct eachothers grammer and sp- oh wait that's a bad idea... but other than that, the internet is a perfect social model, we can debate with eachother until you get to the meat of an issue, but if you don't like how the arguement is going, just vanish suddenly into thin- oh wait can't do that...but you know, tell someone when you have their back and give out contact info if they ever want to talk again or hang out or whatever, reach for the aloe and lanolin whenever you see a hottie and- oh wait, no, not that. Ok Maybe its not such a good idea. I thought maybe it was the key to securing a future for humanity, but, I was wrong. It's definitely not the key guys. Nothing to see here. My bad.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join