Can Fake people really exist?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
This thread is slipping into fakeness. People hiding their true intentions.

I suppose that makes these posts on topic
edit on 7-3-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

Come to thinks of it, we have different personalities online..

Peace

Maybe the key is to take our online personality and apply that to real life. Laugh easily, say what you are thinking, admit and apologise when you're wrong, constantly correct eachothers grammer and sp- oh wait that's a bad idea... but other than that, the internet is a perfect social model, we can debate with eachother until you get to the meat of an issue, but if you don't like how the arguement is going, just vanish suddenly into thin- oh wait can't do that...but you know, tell someone when you have their back and give out contact info if they ever want to talk again or hang out or whatever, reach for the aloe and lanolin whenever you see a hottie and- oh wait, no, not that. Ok Maybe its not such a good idea. I thought maybe it was the key to securing a future for humanity, but, I was wrong. It's definitely not the key guys. Nothing to see here. My bad.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
If you think about it, pretty much every one we meet are fake.
From the simple fact that when we are at work we represent the cie we work for.

The cie is in fact a fiction, so is your caracter with in it.

The only real people you know are the people who are close to you
and you see in your comfort zones.

Even then they might be playing a role...
We all do it

P.S my avatar is not really what i look like
edit on 8-3-2013 by mkkkay because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Actually no, some people are completely identified with their roles and take themselves seriously and have no idea what it would mean to be wholly authentic and real.

Some in fact are hard as rock and completely unchangable and without any degree of flexibility whatsoever, both in their persona and in terms of their closely held and cherished opinions.

Such a one would resent the very implication that they are not real or authentic.

You see them everywhere, even in the mirror, but the fake person, he's the one who refuses to see it, and that's kind of funny, if only they could be persuaded to laugh at themselves and at the absurd and ridiculous nature of their own inauthenticity or fakeness.

Pardon me for hopping on the bus in regards with your reply, as I feel i can add a little something to back your premise.

I think the characteristics of fake people can be linked to a state of close mindedness regarding all aspect of their identity. If an individual refutes the idea of constantly questioning their identity to some form of adaptation in any social or professional environment, in my eyes, can be regarded as fake. Considering the notion of adaptation and the blatancy of constant change with ones views towards the internal and external, constant change linked towards progression of life ensues with the open-minded individual .

One can regard a person with the mindset of a permanent identity in the natural world as a phony or fake. People constantly change whether it is aimed at minute or major aspect of their lives. Identity is permeable and will always be. That is how we interact and survive between each other.

Just my 2cents, PS, I enjoy your style of writing very much.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

They may argue because of the rushing rapids of egoistical activity rummaging through the consciousness and a block off for the soul energy to flow downstream, but it really comes down to an ancient egyptian belief in the afterlife. Most of these people are athiests, beleive it or not. It takes a lot of work to be real and you would need to learn it from a group of people who inspire you enough to become real. One cannot become real if they consider themselves in the 90% of the world who are fake. You have to be able to see that the evolving world is not up to good standards or you are lying to yourself. That is what's happening - you can't argue with them because they are lying to their own selves.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
All I know for sure is...

The Cake is a lie!

But I have met some very dull Fake people. Loads of makeup and silicon...

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Fake people are all over the place.

First fakers: TV and movie personalitites. A lot of actors have stage names.

Second fakers: crooks, or identity thieves. Look at your wanted posters and your missing person posters. You don't think all the ones alive are using other names while they are unfound? Some of them are using multiple phony or stolen IDs, going through the system - hospitals and jails too - hiding from their real name and reputation. It is not okay because thry get one face to live with, and they lying catches up with them, adding another problem. Also, fake names on ballots and bank accounts. Fraud happens.

Third fakers: Internet personalities. You don't really believe my name is Sandalphon do you? There are places online where it is safer to fake because you don't want to share too much with predators. Sometimes it is good for people to think you are a woman when you are not, or to think that you are 50 years old when you are not.

I was thinking about maintaining an online Artificial Intelligence robot instead of a typical webpage, so that would be a fake personality.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Fake people exist all the time. Unfortunately, the reason behind it is usually far less worthwhile than you would hope.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Fake people are liars.

The truth will set you free.

A real person will try to be as honest as possible, or if they don't want you to know something, they simply won't tell you.

A real person probably isn't tell you the truth 100% of the time, but they will make it their strongest effort to do so, not for YOU, but for their own FREEDOM and LOVE of being THEMSELVES.

A real person will tell you how they feel instead of making up lies because they love themselves and feel no need to hide how they truly feel.

Manipulation / Deception has nothing to do with nature/reality, because nature reveals truth.

It is from the words of the human mouth that a "lie" is passed on from one mind to another. A lie is just a fantasy, and idea, a concept. Nature/Reality only expresses truth.

a lie never happened in reality, if it did, then it isn't a lie, it is truth.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The "Fake People" idea generally stems from individuals who are shallow or pretend to be something they are not or make a mockery of themselves in public. It became a generalized term.

However, if you go much deeper, there is a philosophical basis for it that was touched upon by Socrates, Buddhism, Hinduism, and many more systems of thought and philosophy.

The basic premise being that anyone who lives by The Mind/Ego and Impulses of the body alone is a fake person living in Illusion. This type of person is not aware of the Soul, Pure Subjectivity, and the Source/God and the majority of people in this world are this way.

A Real & Genuine person is One who knows themselves thoroughly, has self mastery, does not abide by the illusions of the Ego, and is in touch with Soul/Heart/God/Source. This Premise goes WAAaaaaaaayyyyy Back!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Originally posted by dominicus
The basic premise being that anyone who lives by The Mind/Ego and Impulses of the body alone is a fake person living in Illusion.

Another way to look at it would be that anyone who is living by the impulses of the body is a true human that is living in alignment with nature instead of long-held beliefs.

----

If a person wants to follow the impulses/urges of their body. Go ahead. Allow the body to be human. Let the human body have its human experience. Allow nature to be natural. As for balance, I believe we should have compassion for other people's suffering - this is what will help us as a specie to survive as whole.
edit on 8-3-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
People are already living according to nature. How can something live not according to nature? If one is being 'fake,' it is in their nature to do so. Paradoxically, any one who is being fake is doing so genuinely.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
All I know for sure is...

The Cake is a lie!

Depends on which Cake you're talking about..

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
Paradoxically, any one who is being fake is doing so genuinely.

Most people aren't aware of it and think that the person they generally pretend to be is who they really are.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Another way to look at it would be that anyone who is living by the impulses of the body is a true human that is living in alignment with nature instead of long-held beliefs.

Might what to read this first:

Can We Be Free if Reason is the Slave of the Passions?

The come back and reply

If a person wants to follow the impulses/urges of their body. Go ahead. Allow the body to be human.

If I was to follow the Impulses of the body, I'd have about 100 kids by now with a 100 different women, I'd be drunk all the time, doing drugs, getting into fights, being completely all about myself and what the impulses want, and nothing would get in my way for any of it.

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
People are already living according to nature. How can something live not according to nature? If one is being 'fake,' it is in their nature to do so. Paradoxically, any one who is being fake is doing so genuinely.

Hahahaha

That's AWESOME. "SHe might be fake, but at least she's genuinely fake!" Great Stuff!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

The come back and reply

I'm not sure what your point is. That website seems to be about Humes and his ideas on human nature, government, etc. But that does not prove the idea that following the body is just natural instinct and the human body will respond in a very human way, making it natural human nature...

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

The come back and reply

I'm not sure what your point is. That website seems to be about Humes and his ideas on human nature, government, etc. But that does not prove the idea that following the body is just natural instinct and the human body will respond in a very human way, making it natural human nature...

You missed the point. Reason is a slave to the passions and impulses of the body, i.e. typical animalistic instincts. If i was to head to the body, i would have 100 kids with 100 different women.

However, since there is work on self mastery and not falling for these impulses and illusions, i am not in that situation and many others.

What separates us from monkeys is high levels of logic, reason, art, intuition, all of which are extensions of soul. However, the fakes revert to the monkey based animalism.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The ego is willing to go to great lengths to justify itself and maintain it's supremacy.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I wouldn't commend somebody for being fake.
Fake implies being deceptive and that usually doesn't go over well in most circumstances.

It really depends on what your being fake about. Its ok to be disingenuous if its better to keep your true feelings at bay, if it the truth would hurt another person. Some things ate better left unsaid.

Its not ok to be a fake and rip somebody off or to pretend you're a nice person just because you want something in return for it, these types of fakes are usually quite transparent. They all seem to use the same tactics, caught up in their own selfish thoughts of how they will be rewarded. Its all about them. They can't even come up with their own ideas on how to fake it they're just copycats.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I see your point but after a certain period of time having to be that other person usually ends quite abruptly. Many times when dealing with the general public I just tried to be "real". I found rather than living in a fantasy just being "real" is a positive thing. I'm glad at this point that I can look back to the past and present knowing there are a lot of people who appreciate me. Not saying that I am different than any of you, I just let the real me show in life whether it was at work, home or out somewhere.

The downfall to this is always having to be on your toes due to the ones who take advantage of this trait. Maybe you have to be fake to protect yourself.
I would then say just try to not let the real you show to the ones you do not trust. For protective purposes.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
People who consistently "put on a show" for others are the fake ones you seek.

They are posting on facebook and twitter all the time, such a high value of there own opinion. It makes me sick.

Talking about everyone else, never worrying about themselves.

Then there are the ones who arent quite this bad, but still play along and subtly give credit to what these people say

If you knew some of the people I use to call friends, you wouldnt have to ask if fake people really exist lol.

They are the ones you grow up with your whole life, and then for small victories of popularity and attention, will throw you under the bus and publicly criticize every move you make.

They will take the things and people you love in life and make them out to be something totally different, harass them and step all over them.

You dont know any of these people? Seriously?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join