It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion in Great Pyramid... Is this the 'Smoking Gun'?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Greetings ATS,

Was there an explosion in the Great Pyramid in antiquity and, if so, what might have caused it?

As mentioned in both my and Chris’s book, the King’s Chamber presents several anomalies. There are cracks in the granite beams on the southeastern ceiling of the room. I first noticed these cracks in 1992. Egyptologists have explained the cracks away as being the result of an earthquake, but there is no evidence of seismic damage in either the Descending Passage or Subterranean Chamber, which would have been closer to the epicenter. The SCA (Supreme Council of Antiquities) attempted to repair these cracks in 1998 but they are still evident today.

The walls of the King’s Chamber can be seen separating from the floor and seem to bulge out, suggesting that an explosion or powerful energy pulse acted upon them. Chris Dunn is also the only investigator to remark that the stone box in the King’s Chamber (erroneously referred to as a "sarcophagus") is today a chocolate brown color, not the original rose color of the Aswan granite it is from. The color change could be due to tremendous heat, which could indicate it was chemically altered by an explosion or fire in the chamber in antiquity....

There are other anomalies to be found in the Grand Gallery. First discovered by Chris Dunn in May of 1999 when we were in Egypt together, the upper wall of the Grand Gallery, near the entrance into the King’s Chamber, is made of granite, not limestone. The entire wall shows deep dark stains that may be the result of being exposed to tremendous heat, perhaps from an explosion... – Stephen Mehler

Chris Dunn speculates on energy amplifiers (Helmholtz Resonators) or some other device as perhaps being the root cause of this hypothesised explosion in the King's Chamber.

But we need not seek such exotic science in order to get ourselves a big bang in this chamber. Outside of nuclear and petrochemical substances, there is another substance known to man that can create powerful explosions - an explosion strong enough to account for the perceived damage in the KC. Were this material to have been stored in the KC or Grand Gallery and were it not handled with care, it could easily turn into one massive bomb.

So, what is this mysterious substance that can so easily turn into a bomb strong enough to damage the King’s Chamber of the Great Pyramid?

Grain. Simple grain - wheat, barley, corn etc.

'Scientist explains likely cause of grain elevator explosions'

When grain dust mixes with oxygen and it meets fire, the results are explosive.

"It's very similar to a bomb," says Robert Henry, a science instructor at Wichita State University. "Basically, it ignites just like gun powder would."

In a demonstration, he filled the bottom of a straw with grain dust and blew it into an open flame a few inches away. It resulted in a fireball. He says this is identical to what could happen inside a poorly ventilated grain elevator when there's a spark.

"Most of the material that you see in a grain elevator is inert, it's packed. But in the process of milling the grain and transporting it around on belts and so on and so forth, you get these tiny particles that begin to float in the air. That's when it becomes dangerous."

He says the explosion is by a physical reaction as opposed to a chemical one.

"When you get a little bit of it and you disperse it in the air, there's a tremendous amount of surface area and that surface area being exposed to oxygen makes it extremely flammable." – Source.

Explosive Properties of Agricultural Dusts

Here's a Youtube video showing an explosion with just one teaspoonful of dust: Grain Dust Explosion

So, just be careful folks next time you plan in grinding grain to make your very own pyramid-cake!

Regards,

SC

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Scott Creighton

Why would there ever have been grain in the pyramid? it certainly was not built for that, are you suggesting it was later used for storage of grain? Would be hard to get the grain inside wouldn't it?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

So were they storing grain or they built the Great pyramid for the purposes of processing grain?

If they were storing grain in the pyramid then surely we can stipulate that even back then they did not really know what the Great Pyramid was for?

I'm still thinking energy generator of some sort.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Interesting theory Scott...

Has there been any evidence found in the chamber that would help substantiate the theory? This has been talked about on ATS as a possible explanation for other sites as well. S&F.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Jeez, you had me going there for a second, I thought this was a Breaking News item.

It may surprise a lot of people how close the pyramids and the Sphinx are to the city itself, maybe a quarter of a mile away. From all the iconic photos it looks to be out in the middle of the sandy plains, but those are taken from the angles showing the surrounding sand. The site itself could be reached from the busy streets in seconds on a vehicle, in a couple of minutes by foot.
edit on 7-3-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'm quite fond of the 'Rainbow Serpent' theory which incorporates the teachings of Ra and Nikola Tesla.

I'm a firm believer in the Ra spirit complex:

www.llresearch.org...

I also believe in the natural energies harnessed by the pyramid, by using *relatively* simple technology, the likes of which Nikola Tesla RE-discovered.

www.subtleenergies.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-3-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Here is a great site with actual photos of the cracks. While it is possible to have been caused by an explosion, it is a bit far reaching of an idea. Conditions would have to have been just right. Now, the explosion may also have been caused by an alternate source, say, perhaps, methane?
www.gizapyramid.com...
edit on 7-3-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Hi Char-Lee,

SC: Grain in the pyramids? Absolutely yes. Massive quantities of it. But not just grains.

You might wish to read my thread here: The Recovery Vault Theory (RVT)

Regards,

SC

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
why would a god need an amplifier ?

edit on 7-3-2013 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
why would a god need an amplifier ?

edit on 7-3-2013 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

SC: So consensus Egyptology would have us believe. The elephant in the room, however, is that the king's soul didn't need a tomb to reach heaven since the king's soul (i.e. his Ba) had wings and could fly there.

Regards,

SC

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Very good post and food for thought, as the video you posted showed it does not take much grain dust to erupt into a violent explosion if the conditions are right.

Perhaps due to the size of the Great Pyramid they had a grain and such in there complete with a bakery with would mean an ignition source as well.

I am fairly certain it was a long walk down to ground level during construction, therefor it would make sense to have food available to the workers in the upper levels and hence not loosing production time due to lunch/dinner/breakfast breaks taking hours on end instead of a shorter time.

My thoughts only, thanks for posting this.
S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

So the King's soul had wings? When he was on earth he was like a caterpillar or something, and then when he got out of body sprouted wings?

If grain was stored in the King's Chamber it makes sense that at one time or another the thing would explode. It must have gotten pretty hot in there. How many years or centuries did the pyramid house grain? When it exploded it must have been quite a shock to the first guy to walk in there, and then a few hundreds slaves would probably had to form a line to dig the stuff out of there. When it happened (it it happened) do you think they stopped using it then and there?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

So were they storing grain or they built the Great pyramid for the purposes of processing grain?

If they were storing grain in the pyramid then surely we can stipulate that even back then they did not really know what the Great Pyramid was for?

I'm still thinking energy generator of some sort.

Yes, i'd go along with that.

The shafts have been thought to have essentially been 'cable runs ' for electrodes and conductive cables in the form of metalic rods which were located part way along the shaft leading to the myserious doord with the two copper rings fitted side by side. The shaft and door could also have been a 'pressure relief ' device, leading to the outer pyramid.

If lightning conductors were placed around the outside of the pyramid, this may have directed massive electrical energy down the shafts and into the Kings chamber, and a similar arrangement in the Queens chamber.

The box could well have not contained grain or grain dust, but an electrolyte of water and acid, which when connected to the electrodes and fluid inside the box, may have beed a method of electolysis, to originate Hydrogen and Oxygen...what hey used it for would have to be a wild guess, but Hydroxy is a very potent gas and explodes readily, with a small spark.

Perhaps the plan was to have one pole Gold and another base metal, to electroplate ther objects i don't know, maybe they were unaware of the explosive effects of the gas that was being released into the chamber and it ignighted.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Hi,

MysterX: ...The box could well have not contained grain or grain dust, ...

SC: The CHAMBERS stored the grain and other items. The "stone box" was the archetype of the 'Osiris Bed' and would have been filled only with earth, representing the Ka aspect of the soul of Osiris. This is precisely what was found in the 'stone box' of the second pyramid (G2) at Giza. No coffin, no mummy, no sarcophagus. Just a plain, uninscribed stone box filled with earth, the symbolic Ka of Osiris, the original 'Osiris Bed'.

Regards,

SC

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
That is a interesting theory. Very simple and very explosive. When you watch the movies with tomb raiders avoiding deadly traps the worst one would be a bucket of flour over the door rigged to dump when the door is opened. In a dark chamber the only light back in the day was fire. Boom. Not a good way to protect what you are trying to hide.
Do you think this explosion was accidental or on purpose?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Hey Scott,

Great find!
This further validates your theory, as expressed in a few threads (also a great book).
I can see this explosion happening after years of being used as a storage facility.
Just years of grain storage alone with no cleaning will cause an explosion.
I bet these people learned the hard way about powdered grain...and torches.
I can just imagine that these people only wanted to make a safe storage civilization starter kit for the future and probably didnt realize what happens when you mix powdered grain, air and fire in an enclosed area.
Apparently there is proof with the heat damaged interior...
Makes alot of sense!

Excellent find and great write up as well!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Has there been any evidence found in the chamber that would help substantiate the theory?

Oops sorry. By evidence I meant evidence that grain had been stored there in sufficient quantity. But you've now answered that in another post. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I still believe the Pyramids are ancient batteries, and the that the Arc of the Covenant was the original power supply holding only enough power to last 20 or 30 years, i cant remember what the exact time frame was that they said when the pyramids had to be finished by.

Batteries explode, power plants explode.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I feel some of the handicap in understanding the pyramids is the Egyptians themselves. We are locked in the notion that the Pharaoh's etc were the one's who built them, as such we just can't figure anything out without running into conflict because we have to start with good old Tut etc. as the foundation of the understanding.

The pyramids are far older then they Egyptians. The Egyptians moved into them, kind of like folks moving into a gated community thousands of years after the home builder and the original owners left. Think of how confused the new tenants are, the new tenants don't know what the tennis courts, or volleyball courts are for, so they just used the areas for dining. Then, 1000 years later, after these folks moved on, new people stumbled onto the remnants of the gated community.

Folks then looked a the dining area/tennis courts and figured the seating was arranged by geometric system of hierarchy, then formulated a perfect system of seating based on the way the chairs were found, the tables were placed and the bbq was left. The problem is, having seen only the most recent tenants has clouded their understanding of the tennis court, and in our case, the pyramids.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
There is evidence that hydrogen was produced, due to the smell of the components left behind.
My theory is that the hydrogen was being used for an energy source of some kind.
This energy was needed to kick start the electrical process of energy into the earth and then you get energy out.

This is what I believe cracked the beams.

The energy was needed to keep the atmosphere up (in a long winded way). It syphons off excess earth energy and beams it into space, like the lightning spirites.
All the other pyramids did this too.

I believe you can do this with a car battery and two iron rods. Energy into the soil=energy out.

It is a pillar like Atlas.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join