It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(URGENT) N. Korea threatens preemptive nuclear strike against aggressors

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I'm wondering if China is secretly backing North Korea in all of this? Any leader who makes public threats to the world is asking for trouble. It's obviously apparent, Kim and his military are only interested in war not PEACE.

In this case, it is North Korea who is the aggressor. Does he really want to start a nuclear war?
Sadly, it seems this is his mission......

If we are to have any realistic future for the survival of mankind, we need to work together and unite as a collective conscious for world peace. Oil, gas, coal, nuclear power and war are not means to sustain our planet, we call HOME.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com... 80&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=[%22442481895826480%22%3A513637722015586]&action_type_map=[%22442481895826480% 22%3A%22og.likes%22]&action_ref_map=[]

Pentagon to beef up missile defense in response to North Korean threat, sources say

sounds like the u.s. is taking it seriously
edit on 14-3-2013 by severdsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightsoul
I'm wondering if China is secretly backing North Korea in all of this? Any leader who makes public threats to the world is asking for trouble. It's obviously apparent, Kim and his military are only interested in war not PEACE.

In this case, it is North Korea who is the aggressor. Does he really want to start a nuclear war?
Sadly, it seems this is his mission......

If we are to have any realistic future for the survival of mankind, we need to work together and unite as a collective conscious for world peace. Oil, gas, coal, nuclear power and war are not means to sustain our planet, we call HOME.

Sanctions are an ACT OF WAR.

The West are the aggressors! The US has thousands of Nuclear Weapons and North Korea is not able to have just a few but, Israel gets a couple of hundred and the West says Shhhhh.

No! Just No!

P

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Yes I found that strange.

For days now, most MSM has been reporting pretty much a "No need to worry, this is the same old same old from NK, we're not worried at all."

Now, the WH has just approved adding 14 more missile sites in Alaska and CA, that had been originally planned, but canceled by Obama back in 2009.

Now they're going forward with it (and at a much higher cost too now), raising the amount of missile defense sites from 30 to 44.

Why? I thought there was nothing to worry about? Just hot air from Jr.?

Considering the amount of money it's going to cost, and how they are saying they will be doing this in a short amount of time (vs. a longer period), does make me raise my eyebrows.......

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

The world is and has been going to Hell in a hand basket for some time now..Many parts of the world have been posturing against the U.S. due to our meddling in affairs everywhere, and the only thing stopping all out WWIII is the world economy IMO.

Sad thing is, I REALLY do think the NK leadership is nuts. If nukes did fly, I'm sure our trustworthy govt would still be telling us everything is fine. I'm not scared of what the future holds, but I'm sure tired of the lies/downplaying/acting like we are all little children they don't want to scare bs.

edit on 14-3-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

The world is and has been going to Hell in a hand basket for some time now..Many parts of the world have been posturing against the U.S. due to our meddling in affairs everywhere, and the only thing stopping all out WWIII is the world economy IMO.

Sad thing is, I REALLY do think the NK leadership is nuts. If nukes did fly, I'm sure our trustworthy govt would still be telling us everything is fine. I'm not scared of what the future holds, but I'm sure tired of the lies/downplaying/acting like we are all little children they don't want to scare bs.

edit on 14-3-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

Your post brought this to mind:

"Caught on video, you can see the smoke trail as an object streaked in over Anchorage, Alaska this morning, as another smoke trail rose up to meet it, ending with a brilliant fire ball, and a blast wave that blew out windows, set off car alarms and cause some panic amoung the people in the city.

The WH held a press conference in which they said:

'Everything is okay folks. This was another meteor, like the one in Russia not too long ago. It was actually two meteors that crashed in to each other.'

When asked about the sudden raise in back ground radiation, the WH declined to answer........

Mean while in sports......"

edit on 14-3-2013 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
well this is not over yet from the Experts point of view form this news link nwww.koreaherald.com...

Thailand advises tourists not to buy ivory products

The Korea Herald > National > North Korea
N. Korea likely to provoke South this year: think tank

Published : 2013-03-15 10:07
Updated : 2013-03-15 10:07

North Korea is likely to launch a provocative attack on South Korea this year, a top analyst said Thursday at the launch of his think tank's annual report on the world's military capabilities.

The International Institute for Strategic Studies said North Korea's "military first" doctrine remained clearly intact under youthful leader Kim Jong-Un.

Mark Fitzpatrick, director of the London-based IISS's non-proliferation and disarmament program, said world powers were increasingly concerned about the threat emanating from Pyongyang.

"North Korea presents a significant threat because it has ballistic missiles that can hit Japan and all of Korea," he told AFP.

"It has nuclear devices that it may or may not be able to put on the warheads of those missiles.

"It combines that with a rhetoric that has exceeded all dimensions and a propensity to fire first."

While firing first in the next few weeks would be "dangerous" due to the ongoing US-South Korea joint military exercises, "over the course of the year, most analysts do think that North Korea will follow through with some sort of provocation," said Fitzpatrick.

He said the risk of escalation from there was "serious" because South Korea feels the need to establish deterrence credibility.

The next time North Korea attacks, "it's pretty clear that South Korea is going to respond... and where it goes from there is anyone's guess."

However, North Korea would probably not want to trigger a fully-fledged war because it would inevitably mean the end of their regime due to the huge advantage held by South Korea and the United States.

North Korea confirmed Wednesday that it had shredded the 60-year-old armistice ending the Korean War, and warned that the next step was an act of "merciless" military retaliation against its enemies.

Military tensions on the Korean peninsula are at their highest level for years.
so no reason to get out the BOB's yet DPRK has with in a year to do something, could be nuke , conventional or bio/chem or all mentioned.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
as expected

north koreans are all talk

cowards

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
well I said it before, the DRPK isn't as dumb as some of you think they are. They cancelled the armistice agreement themselves, so now they are basically able to shoot whenever they want. Why would they want to strike when the US and ROK are on their heighest alert and combat readiness? In the past the DPRK waited a few months and then attacked.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

I think our govt, and our population should take this much more seriously,
if they are willing to spend that kind of cash in that short amount of time.
Their is much more to this than they are telling the general public.

Our govt wont spend cash on defense systems if there is no need.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
BREAKING: NORTH KOREA LAUNCHES SHORT-RANGE MISSILES ON EAST COAST

SEOUL – North Korea has tested short-range missiles in the Sea of Japan (known as the East Sea in Korea), in an apparent attempt to counter-act joint U.S.-South Korean military exercises, South Korean news agency Yonhap reported.
“North Korea test-launched a short-range missile in the East Sea [Sea of Japan] this afternoon, amid the ongoing security crisis on the Korean peninsula following Pyongyang’s third nuclear test last month,” Yonhap news said.
The source, Yonhap said, was a military source within the South Korean government. The North Korean military launched two KN-02 short-range missiles into international waters, the report said.

and the conflict still keeps heating up, interesting news.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Start it already

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
They claim that every Tuesday and Thursday, on Mondays they usually threaten an invasion, and on Saturdays they threaten to destroy the USA in a fire storm. Something to that effect at least.

Wake me up when something really important happens.

My sentiments as well. The media always need a boogie man to scare us into more taxation.

Divide et impera: it's been working for a couple hundred years now.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
If N Korea actaully fired off a nuclear missle at us it would be no holds bar. We would turn the entire country into a glass factory. Once one country fires a nuke, it opens up this type of combat to all countries. Russia should be our main concern. Russia has warned the US to stay out of Syria. Syria holds a key navy base for Russia. So the Russian most defintly do not the regime to fall in Syria. They feel like we are helping to cripple their navy. Not because we care of the human factor.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tattiio
If N Korea actaully fired off a nuclear missle at us it would be no holds bar. We would turn the entire country into a glass factory. Once one country fires a nuke, it opens up this type of combat to all countries. Russia should be our main concern. Russia has warned the US to stay out of Syria. Syria holds a key navy base for Russia. So the Russian most defintly do not the regime to fall in Syria. They feel like we are helping to cripple their navy. Not because we care of the human factor.

Yes of course you would. South Korea and parts of Japan would have 90% casualties due to radiation poisoning. Well done, you sure showed them varmints!!

P

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
If you are going to go down this road then ask yourself why no one mentions China's nuclear arsenal. Just like Israel it is hush hush situation. China only built their first nuke in the 90's. Yet no one tried to stop them. N Korea is more about the front line than anything. N Korea is definitely guided by China. China fears the US sacking N Korea. We would be the Chinese border if we took N Korea. So China uses N Korea to keep us away and to pull our attention from other issues, like the escalating China and Japan issue.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I could not say it anymore perfect than you did, trust is the one thing we do not have with our goverment. We need to pull the majority of our troops back to the US and stay out of foriegn affairs for the most part. These small wars are expensive and build resentment of the US. Every time we engage in a small conflict we add one ally to Russia and China.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
What a joke, 14 new interceptors. Russia has 8500 nukes, we need have more interceptors than they have nukes. It is plain stupid to not be building as many of the interceptor bases as possible. They will also be the first target in a war. Guam will be wiped out completely, possibly Hawii an Alaska as well.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Tattiio

Er no, China has had nukes form the early 60's www.fas.org... short , from the link

China made remarkable progress in the 1960s in developing nuclear weapons. In a thirty-two-month period, China successfully exploded its first atomic bomb (October 16, 1964), launched its first nuclear missile (October 25, 1966), and detonated its first hydrogen bomb (June 14, 1967.
and yet no one thinks that the DPRK can not do the same? Get real the DPRK is the sane as China, just does not have the Big land mass.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Tattiio

That is if China comes to the aid of the DPRK, when the new DPRK SK war starts , lets just hope China stays out of it, or like the last time, limited amount of troops if you can call 2.9 mil yes 2.9 Million troops as a limited amount, www.china.org.cn... from the link

Xu said in the article that from October 1950 until July 1953, a total of 2.97 million Chinese soldiers fought in the War to Resist US Aggression and Aid Korea, as it is known in China.
that is the current amount the DPRK has, and Un thinks he can win, keep in mind they fought the Korean war with WW2 weapons, few new tanks, and big guns. not to forget the whirlybird.

edit on 16-3-2013 by bekod because: line edit

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join