It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea ro exercise its right to a PREEMPTIVE NUCLEAR STRIKE !!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Just heard on Sky news, this cant be good, they are effectively forcing South Korea's hand into beating them with its own preemptive strike !!

NEWS NOW BREAKING ALL OVER THE INTERNET

North Korea Preemptive strike
edit on 7-3-2013 by paulmac because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by paulmac
Just heard on Sky news, this cant be good, they are effectively forcing South Korea's hand into beating them with its own preemptive strike !!

Aren't you supposed to give us some details rather than just post 1 line?
Tc and Cs anyone?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
can we at least get a linky? This is pretty sensational of a claim to make.

second line?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Its on Sky Breaking news ticker tape along the bottom of the tv screen, no other details as yet and nothing on the internet, This is a preemptive warning of a preemptive strike.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Here is the link guys

North Korea Nuclear Threat BREAKING

It is only breaking news so there is hardly any information at all as of yet.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Wow... I mean, normally they are tough guys with big talk and little action. But them saying this... you have got to wonder. Do they really mean it?

They must surely have some pretty good, yet insane!, reason as to say something like this?
Are there things happening in South Korea that we are not being told? Troop movements... whatever?
Last time I checked they were only being pressured with UN talk and sanctions?

This could get really ugly really fast.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Well... I see now that this is big enough news for the Danish national news agency to report it, and they are usually picky.

So it's being taken seriously. Let's not hope anyone makes a jumpy move :S

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

The North has been angered by the possible sanctions and over upcoming US-South Korean military drills.

enemy at the gates

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
My suspicion is that this is more posturing and bravado from the Northerners. It is for domestic consumption. And possibly to put the wind up the South. Nothing will come of it.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
are you sure its not a retaliating from sanctions, who wouldn't be mad about sanctions?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Now news is breaking all over the internet :-

North Korea preemtive strike

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by chishuppu

This would be the 4th round of sanctions. They are becoming more and more meaningless, and generally only punish the already impoverished people that the government seems to show nothing but disdain for any way.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
NK would really have a problem if they would try to do the first strike.

I bet even before they could deploy the nukes, China and Russia would already be at Kims door to knock and convince him not to do it.
USA is the last thing China and Russia want to have in their region.

And furthermore, how do they want to do the first strike? Intercontinental rockets?
The nuke would end up in their own country or the ocean

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
The only thing NK can make is Incontinent-al rockets (they have a habbit of breaking up).

They can build them but seem to have a problem directing them and even then that's if the rocket works past 50 seconds.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Strategically, the whole point of a preemptive strike is to catch your enemy in a state of unpreparedness such that you deal a total win sucker-punch.

Threatening a preemptive strike defeats the entire purpose of the strategy of preemptive striking.
It then just becomes first blood (if it's actually done), but blowing horns, making noise, threatening is more a tactic of instigation, or attention-getting.

NK is well known for its noise making.
Thy have all of how many nukes anyway?
Sure, they'd put some serious hurt on SK, but, depending on what's left over after whatever kind of retaliation takes place, NK will no longer be a country its own, but land parceled out to China, US, and any other big guns in the area.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
NK has a few nukes.

Maybe several at most.

They'll start something they cant finish.

But maybe Russia and China will come in and start something with US.

Then, US will be finished.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I doubt the North is going to follow thru on anything, especiallysince the Chinese are on board with the sanctions as well.

I doubt China is going to allow a nuclear winter on their southern border all because Kim Jong-un wants to play his sharks and jets routine with the West and Soul.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I guess its time for lil Kim to fill his begging bowl
They've been repeating this rhetoric since a long time. I'm sure they'll get some money or some form of aid that will keep him quiet for a while...you know. Sorta what you give a doggie when it barks a lot. Throw a piece of bone.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I for one, am sick of NK and it's threats. Stand up in a bar and threaten me and I will hit you first, every single time. Most likely with a bottle or a pool cue. How many times are we gonna put up with this tiny little pecker of a man making threats before we kick his ass?

Let stop this pecker from droning on anymore, with a drone.....
edit on 7-3-2013 by Mamatus because: Gwammer and speeeeling

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

For those that understand it, the world political theater is not a simple matter of a bar brawl.
Were it that simple, all the lumbering juggernauts on the planet would own the whole planet where there'd be a total of 4 - 6 super-nations and that's it.

No, there's big nations with big sticks and little nations with big mouths and little nations with big mouths and even bigger friends plus nasty primitive nukes up their sleeves that would garner temptation to retaliate also with nukes which in turn would cause some certain big nations to get un-friended on the international Facebook regardless the justification of any such response while the big friends of big-mouthed little nation gang up for re-retaliation.

In other words, NK has friends.
We have friends too.
If we go try giving NK a fat lip or a broken head with the equivalent of a beer bottle or pool cue, NK will likely launch it's nukes.
If NK launches nukes, regardless of whether we launch nukes back, or not, we're going to lose friends because we just started a poop-storm.
If we ignore the nukes and simply respond with space based kinetics, and other 'conventional' material, there's still the matter of China, and Russia, plus anyone else throwing in on the coat-tails rolling in to respond with their own one-good-turn-deserves-another.
By this time it won't be a proxy war, but, what UN forces haven't bowed out + US going toe to toe, face to face with China and Russia.

World War III

No one really actually wants that.

WWIII happens and the Middle East will Erupt in a Free For All for control of oil, as well as any and every bit of dirty sniping potentially even including nuclear to take or destroy Israel, and it won't stop there.
In the power vacuum left by no longer having Jews around to hate, new shifts in power and alliances will embroil the region further for control of all the black gold.

As a fall-back, the US would be forced to forcibly annex/occupy Venezuela and any other opportune oil producers outside the Middle East to continue attempting to balance hostilities in Asia.

Pakistan and India without the rest of the world eye-balling them will open hostilities again and with nukes already tossed around on the world stage will both be sweating fingers over big red buttons.

That would just be the start of it.

How's your Russian? or Chinese?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join