It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eric Holder Admits Some Banks Are Just Too Big To Prosecute

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Eric Holder Admits Some Banks Are Just Too Big To Prosecute

www.huffingtonpost.com

When the Attorney General of the United States admits some banks are simply too big to prosecute, it might be time to admit we have a problem -- and that goes for both the financial and justice systems.

Eric Holder made this rather startling confession in testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Wednesday, The Hill reports. It could be a key moment in the debate over whether to do something about the size and complexity of our biggest banks ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
thehill.com[/ url]
[url=http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2013/03/06/holder-banks-may-be-too-large-to-prosecute/]blogs.wsj.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
FBI Informants Speak Out: Eric Holder's DOJ Is Ignoring Child Sex-Trafficking Victims
Holder: Drone strike against Americans in the U.S. possible
Eric Holder Begs Court to Stop Document Release on Fast and Furious

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Here, we have the obstructionist AG who's refused to produce documents to Congress, stonewalled investigations into DoJ corruption and misconduct, and who wants to gut Justce's investigative abilities by closing the Atlanta, Cleveland, Dallas and Philadelphia field offices (more than 1/2 of regional offices), who either cannot or will not prosecute Obama's biggest beneficiaries and contributors. His budget for litigation and prosecutions is $15.7 Billion, yet he claims a lack of resources and power to try such easy cases as HSBC money-laundering.

Before you shrug this off as just another anti-Obama rant, note that the link is to huffington Post citing non -partisan reporting from The Hill.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6-3-2013 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I disagree. These banks need to be held accountable for the damage they've done and their evil practices!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

No they are not "too big to prosecute", no one has the balls to try to bring anyone to court. Think about it they have soo much money that they can afford the world's best attorneys.

Plus Washington gets it's kick back.

-SAP-
edit on 6-3-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by peaceful1oflove

For some "unknown" reason, it is taking citizens to file "whistleblower" cases to bring giant wrong doers to justice.
Holder has completely abdicated his responsibilities and is an embarassment to justice and Justice.

Worst AG ever?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by peaceful1oflove

Worst AG ever?

I think Operation Fast and Furious says it all. Some of his better work.

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I don't know who I can't stand more -- Eric Holder or the Banks. Eh, what's the difference?!

I know first hand what it's like to fight BofA. I found an attorney who would take my case and believed that they could win, but they said flat out that the bank would bury them in paperwork, keep getting the hearing delayed, and continue hedging some more until I was bled dry of my finances. Shame on our government for allowing these criminals to get away with this! Oh, wait. Silly me! Why wouldn't criminals help other criminals avoid justice?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
If they are "too big to prosecute" how about the government invoke anti trust laws and split the companies up?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Explanation: S&F!

@Mr Eric Holder ... You Sir are a :w: unconstitutionalist
:shk:

Personal Disclosure: YOU MAKE ME WANT TO PUKE MR HOLDER!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

I agree with you on that. Makes a great idea, but I still think that Washington gets what they want out of the deal. That's really the only reason why they haven't OR the banks are really the ones in power.

Reality, as sad as it is, is money equals power.

-SAP-

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
No bank is too big to prosecute Mr. Holder.

The problem lies in your testicular fortitude, which you have none.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I have been watching this story. It goes outside of logic for Eric Holder to say this. He is exposing the US Justice Department to charges of gross negligence and disregard for the public good they are intended to serve. I find them so grossly negligent I would venture to say that charges of collusion should be investigated at the AG office level of administration. If as most people I know expect that the Justice Department and the bankers are in collusion to allow these abuses of power and resources without legal recourse for the American people then we have a serious problem that will be hard to fathom how to solve within a corrupted legal system at the highest levels.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by jdub297

I don't know who I can't stand more -- Eric Holder or the Banks. Eh, what's the difference?!

I know first hand what it's like to fight BofA. I found an attorney who would take my case and believed that they could win, but they said flat out that the bank would bury them in paperwork, keep getting the hearing delayed, and continue hedging some more until I was bled dry of my finances. Shame on our government for allowing these criminals to get away with this! Oh, wait. Silly me! Why wouldn't criminals help other criminals avoid justice?

Of course, it wasn't that long ago that the US Treasury was the largest shareholder of BofA, Citi and AIG.
Whose side do you think DoJ would take in claims such as yours?

This is the "most transpsarent" administration ever. Of course, they can now proclaim that they are utterly "Transparent" in their corruption!

jw

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Indeed.. As others have so well noted. We don't have banks to big to prosecute. We have an Attorney General too small to meet the challenge. What scares me on this is that the Attorney General of the United States is also the man first and most responsible for chasing corruption and wrong doing across areas of Government or specific officials.

So...Mr Holder... Who is too important, powerful or just special to prosecute, aside from big banks?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So...Mr Holder... Who is too important, powerful or just special to prosecute, aside from big banks?

That's too easy!

Answer: Anyone who can support his boss's agenda.

BATF, Chinese hackers, Mexican cartels, HSBC, BofA, GE, UAW/AFSCME/SEIU and GM all get a "Get Out of Jail Free" card from this bought-and-paid-for administration.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
No bank is too big to prosecute Mr. Holder.

The problem lies in your testicular fortitude, which you have none.

Couldn't have said it any better myself. It's really sad when a country's Attorney General says something like this. Really really sad.

*shakes head*

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Well..he can just divert one of those drones from striking U.S. Citizens on American soil...to one of those big old bad Banks.....problem solved....

Des

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Banks are corporations. Corporations are people (apparently).
People can be prosecuted. Therefore, banks can be prosecuted. QED.
Can't have it both ways.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Big Banks too big to prosecute? Then forgive all debt owed to the bank and let the people wanting their money back from the bank, prosecute the bank.

I'm sure Citi won't miss my $25,000 second mortgage - or anyone else's credit card bills - since they're just TOO BIG - and have SO MUCH MONEY.

Let the shareholder's try to get back what they "invested" by themselves.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
So we have;
"Too big to fail"
"Too big to prosecute"

What's next?

This document is "Too wordy to read" (Constitution)
This document is "Too complicated to understand" (Bill of Rights)
Obama is "Too eager to step down" (After 2 terms)
The law is "Too confusing to obey" (Fast & Furious)

In my humble opinion, Eric Holder is "Too stupid to work as AG!"
edit on 6-3-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join