It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holder: Drone strike against Americans in the U.S. possible

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Wow.

Attorney General Eric Holder Tuesday stopped short of entirely ruling out a drone strike against an American citizen on U.S. soil—without trial.

Holder’s comment came in a letter to Sen. Rand Paul. Paul had sent a letter to President Obama’s CIA director nominee John Brennan asking for the administration’s views on the president’s power to authorize lethal force.

In the letter, Holder said “It is possible I suppose to imagine an extraordinary circumstance in which it would be necessary and appropriate under the Constitution and applicable laws of the United States for the President to authorize the military to use lethal force within the territory of the United States. “

Without trial by a jury of his peers, King Obama now has taken the next step.

What happened to Posse Comitatus?

For you who dont know what that is:

The Posse Comitatus Act is the United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385, original at 20 Stat. 152) that was passed on June 18, 1878, after the end of Reconstruction and was updated in 1981. Its intent (in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807) was to limit the powers of Federal government in using federal military personnel to enforce the State laws. Contrary to popular belief, the Act does not prohibit members of the United States Armed Forces from exercising Law enforcement agency powers within a State, police, or peace officer powers that maintain "law and order"; it requires that any authority to do so must exist within the United States Constitution or Act of Congress.[1] Any use of the Armed Forces under either Title 10/Active Duty or Title 10/Reserves at the direction of the President will offend the Constitutional Law also known as Public Law prohibiting such action unless declared by the President of the United States and approved by Congress. Any infringement will be problematic for political and legal reasons.

The Bill/Act as modified in 1981 refers to the Armed Forces of the United States. It does not apply to the National Guard under state authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within its home state or in an adjacent state if invited by that state's governor. The U.S. Coast Guard, which operates under the Department of Homeland Security, is also not covered by the Posse Comitatus Act, primarily because the Coast Guard has both a maritime law enforcement mission and a federal regulatory agency mission.

I am ashamed of my country.

What's next ATS'ers? Will we march in line to kiss the King's ring next?

SOURCE

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
But wait! There's more!

I thought there was 'not going to be any armed drones in the US, according to DHS and other government officials'?

All the arguing and back and forth on this during the Dorner incident, the mere mention of armed drones brought down wrath upon thee for even suggesting such a thing.

Now, only weeks later, an admission it is culminating into a truth.

Fascinating thing, that.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I don't have the words to describe the feeling...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Remember the bystanders shot by police because they "thought" they were Droner? Per chance you'll see strikes by mistake. Just hope you're not in the wrong place at the wrong time huh? Anyway drones are surely being made a household name, an everyday thing. You'll be so used to you won't flinch, also because you won't see it, will be too late.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

In the letter, Holder said “It is possible I suppose to imagine an extraordinary circumstance in which it would be necessary and appropriate under the Constitution and applicable laws of the United States for the President to authorize the military to use lethal force within the territory of the United States. “

Where the hell are they selling the copy of the Constitution these clowns are going by? Pelosi actually has found the whole 'Constitutional Basis' question funny by outright laughing when asked to justify something.

Now Holder sees...somewhere in that and decided issues like Posse Comitatus, the theoretical circumstance?!? Well, perhaps in the event of FOREIGN INVASION but that is quite literally the ONLY circumstance Federal Troops are supposed to EVER be using lethal force inside the U.S.. Ever. .....EVER. Every "but but but" exception weaseled since has been a little chip away at our rights to reach THIS outrageous point.

We need a new Attorney General who KNOWS the law. First it's Mexican citizens he doesn't care about putting in harm's way for an agenda. Now it's Americans. Umm.. Huh?!

You'd think all these educated men would know things like this were decided downright decisively after the Civil War, in particular. No, No and just for good measure....No again, says this citizen.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This is impossible because members of this site assured us all that there would never be armed drones used on US soil!
Welcome to the USSA where you are guilty until proven innocent, you have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of popular opinion, you have the right to death by predator drone strike, if a predator drone is not available a different drone will be chosen accordingly.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
A pilot made a report of seeing a drone at JFK airport, too. What was it doing there? Looking for a domestic terrorist?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Do any of us REALLY believe that the government hasn't been arresting and imprisoning citizens under spurious or secret detention programs?

For the last..oh I dunno..60 or so years?

I certainly think they have. Anybody who doesn't think that domestic surveillance and 3 letter agency domination isn't a prime factor in foreign policy, or a war on terror, is well, wrong IMO.

It's just interesting that they've started talking about it at all. The thing about authority is that unless somebody asks you if you have it, you usually just assume you do. In the case of governments even more so.

SO let's remove our rose colored glasses for a second and think critically about our governments and it's various agencies. Let's look at their operating history, the mistakes they've made and those that they attempted to cover up.

That's probably a better indication of what will be the reality moving forward, than whatever the hell Eric Holder says.

It's probably safe to assume that Obama does have some sort of "National Security-Esque" declaration that would allow him to do this, in secret.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Where the hell are they selling the copy of the Constitution these clowns are going by? Pelosi actually has found the whole 'Constitutional Basis' question funny by outright laughing when asked to justify something.

Now Holder sees...somewhere in that and decided issues like Posse Comitatus, the theoretical circumstance?!? Well, perhaps in the event of FOREIGN INVASION but that is quite literally the ONLY circumstance Federal Troops are supposed to EVER be using lethal force inside the U.S.. Ever. .....EVER. Every "but but but" exception weaseled since has been a little chip away at our rights to reach THIS outrageous point.

We need a new Attorney General who KNOWS the law. First it's Mexican citizens he doesn't care about putting in harm's way for an agenda. Now it's Americans. Umm.. Huh?!

You'd think all these educated men would know things like this were decided downright decisively after the Civil War, in particular. No, No and just for good measure....No again, says this citizen.

Here are the events that I see that have lead us to where are today:

1. Creation of Homeland Security
2. Fema purchasing tens of thousands of caskets and body bags
3. DHS purchasing 1.6 million rounds of ammo
4. DHS purchasing 2700 armored vehicles
5. Deployment of Drones

Add to that Louis Farrakhan calling for all black men to arm themselves, Obama wanting to form a national security force as equally strong as our military, "and as well funded," and a run away president and government spending money like there is no end.

That all adds up to Civil Unrest if you ask me.

We are all trapped like mice. There is nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Now Holder sees...somewhere in that and decided issues like Posse Comitatus, the theoretical circumstance?!? Well, perhaps in the event of FOREIGN INVASION but that is quite literally the ONLY circumstance Federal Troops are supposed to EVER be using lethal force inside the U.S..

So wouldn't it be okay for the government to use the drones in this case?
I think it was likely he was talking about situations like that. I don't think he was implying they were going to start using drones to bomb people who frequent ATS....

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Do any of us REALLY believe that the government hasn't been arresting and imprisoning citizens under spurious or secret detention programs?

For the last..oh I dunno..60 or so years?

I certainly think they have. Anybody who doesn't think that domestic surveillance and 3 letter agency domination isn't a prime factor in foreign policy, or a war on terror, is well, wrong IMO.

It's just interesting that they've started talking about it at all. The thing about authority is that unless somebody asks you if you have it, you usually just assume you do. In the case of governments even more so.

SO let's remove our rose colored glasses for a second and think critically about our governments and it's various agencies. Let's look at their operating history, the mistakes they've made and those that they attempted to cover up.

That's probably a better indication of what will be the reality moving forward, than whatever the hell Eric Holder says.

It's probably safe to assume that Obama does have some sort of "National Security-Esque" declaration that would allow him to do this, in secret.

~Tenth

I agree with you bro. The fact that they are so brazenly open about it means to me that they fear nothing. What scares me the most is that we don't have anyone in congress with the gonnads to stand up and do something about it...and the administration knows it.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
So are they laying the ground work to put down a civic uprising of some sort?

They are bulking up on the ammo and equipment. Now they are putting out to the media that they could circumvent the constitution when ever they want.

This is the exact tyranny that our found fathers warned us about.

I hate to say it, but like someone stated -- we really need to remove the rose colored glasses.

My question is, how many will fight, versus how many will cower?

Are we too consumed with our iPads, Facebook, and American Idol to put down our Cheetos and so something ?

We have been conditioned, and perhaps the take over of this country will occur without any blood being shed whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

It's the fact they've started talking about it that bothers me the most. They're always doing several times more than they talk about. So, when this level of action WAS the 'deep dark' secret, there were at least limits to how deep the bottom could be to the abyss. Now that this is what they're willing to publicly note in even a casual way? Oh... That gives me a real bad feeling.

@Ghost

I figured someone would mention the one outside possibility....and so it's a fair one, albeit the sole one. What business is it of Holder's and where does he have any place or knowledge to comment on what ought to be VERY sensitive areas of Military planning? Foreign invasion won't be Holder's concern. He'll have his hands full with things like Counter-Intelligence and domestic law and order, even while such a thing was going on. Those roles are what the D.O.J. are supposed to be about ....... so I don't trust he just meant a Red Dawn movie type scenario. They're all blurring the lines far too much.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Here is the letter that CNN is referring to:

LETTER

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

By the looks of it, and after reading the letter, Holder completely avoided the question and uses two examples, i.e. Pearl Harbor and 9/11 where American's were not involved in the attacks.

I find that interesting how he circumvented the question apparently asked by Senator Paul.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Lol were they not ready to shoot down the passenger airlines on 9/11? If I remember correctly they scrambled a few F-16s that day to intercept and possibly shoot down the airliners if they entered a restricted air space.

I'm not advocating the use of lethal force against us citizens without trial, but the article does mention that it would be possible under "extraordinary" circumstances.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Lol were they not ready to shoot down the passenger airlines on 9/11? If I remember correctly they scrambled a few F-16s that day to intercept and possibly shoot down the airliners if they entered a restricted air space.

I'm not advocating the use of lethal force against us citizens without trial, but the article does mention that it would be possible under "extraordinary" circumstances.

In this case, the shoot down was to take out a non-US terrorist, with collateral damage being the lives of the Americans on board.

What Holder is saying is that he would kill a known US Citizen, without being tried in a court of law.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
So, someone wanna run past me again why Obama is such a great man for the US, and Bush sucked soooo badly?

Just askin'.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
I find that interesting how he circumvented the question apparently asked by Senator Paul.

Because Holder is clownshoes, that's why.

The same set of clownshoes that supplied weapons to Mexican cartels, yet wants to take weapons from law-abiding US Citizens.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
He should not be allowed to do anything until his fast and furious mess is taken care of.

Why does he even still have a job?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join