It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cranked-Up Earbuds Next On Mayor Bloomberg’s Health Hit List

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Apologies if this was posted already. I did a search in the new search engine and didn't find that it was...

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — After launching campaigns against the Big Gulp, “big” salt and “big” junk food, Mayor Michael Bloomberg is embarking on a new target. He wants to stop New Yorkers from going deaf, so he’s put in motion an attack on ear buds, CBS 2’s Marcia Kramer reported Wednesday. Now hear this … there’s a new enemy of the nanny state: people who choose to listen to loud music on their favorite devices.

Full article here

What is with this guy? Did he not get word that humanity has thrived for thousands and thousands of years without his telling us all how to live properly?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

Stupidity will be proven, if and when the people of New York City reelect this tyrant!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
What is this guys problem? Seriously............... I don't think I have ever seen such a one man parade made up of over inflated narcissism. The guy is not only a raging fascist, he's a blatant d-bag who has way too much time on his hands making up other peoples minds for them.

I have some advice for Bloomberg but, I'll keep it too myself for now.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

Wait until he makes a law requiring "safety paper" because infections kill people, and paper cuts are notorious for getting infected.

I know, I kid, but honestly, it seems like somthing he would do.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Do people actually call them earbuds!?

They are headphones, thats it.. earbuds are made of cotton and for cleaning the wax out of your ear

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
What his relationship with his kids like?

Is he feeling lonely and useless since they're adults?

Did they not listen to him so now that he has his own "army" in the NYPD he has to parent all the people of NY with force of law?

He cant be in his right mind with the things he does.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
"Puritanism - the haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy." i think that quote sums up what Bloomberg is up to,he wants to limit our right to choose what we do with our own lives and seems to enjoy meddling in other states election processes.....one big control freak is what he is and whats worse is he is one that has power...star and flag op wonder how many people are gonna move out of ny over stupid laws like this

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Bloomberger is incredibly too personal with his decree's against other peoples choices. He is definitely a dictator and hopefully done with his political career. You can only buy so many votes until your lunacy surfaces and removes all doubt that this guy needs psychiatric help. Money and power is the root of all evil.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

I never understood the attack on "Big Gulps". Fountain drinks are pretty watered down, especially with all that ice. A six pack of Pepsi would be a lot more dangerous. Strange how someone can get so rich and be so breathtakingly stupid.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Not NY, but along the same lines in CA.

Personally, I dont like to be in a room of smoke and will avoid being around it. However, IMO, for those who choose to smoke, should be able to do so in their own home.

California Smoking Ban Would Prohibit People From Smoking Inside Their Own HomesText

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

What the hell is wrong with this dude? Doesn't he have even an elementary understanding of the word "liberty"?

If someone wants to blow out their eardrums with AC/DC..

LET THEM!!! It's their eardrums for pete sake.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SinMaker
Bloomberger is incredibly too personal with his decree's against other peoples choices. He is definitely a dictator and hopefully done with his political career. You can only buy so many votes until your lunacy surfaces and removes all doubt that this guy needs psychiatric help. Money and power is the root of all evil.

Yep, just another dictator who's missing a military and charisma.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Bloomberg must be on a one man quest to cause a mass exodus in the city of New York. This is ridiculous. I guess I'll just add NYC to my list of cities to never go to again. It's a pretty short list too.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
If that guy would be mayor here I'd be a serial offender and probably would get a life in prison. Basically every time I go out I blast music as loud as my player allows. What a little bitch.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
While all of this sounds completely asinine I bet a dollar to a doughnut that he is reelected Mayor.

I don't begrudge the dolts who live in NYC their choice of idiot Mayors. Reap it sow it....

I do however take issue with his putting his hands down the pants of the other States with his influence peddling.

Let the people of NY State and NYC elect a nanny in Schumer and Cuomo and Bloomberg if they so choose.

Just for the love of all that is unholy please stay out of other States business.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Bloomberg is the epitome of the "I know what's best for you" politician. He's gone after trans-fats, salt, sodas, and now earbuds? What is it with some people that not only think they know what's best for everyone, but that they have some sort of divine right to force it on others as well?

new topics

top topics

join