It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The worlds bestest interactive net based game and my new hobby, Scambaiting. Anyone here involved?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I just tell em' I've contacted such and such a company and they have contacted Interpol and that they better stop this unless they want a bullet through the head and that usually shuts them up for a few days.
edit on 7/3/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

I used to do this when I had too much time on my hands..

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by votan

any stories or trophys you can share that dont violate the T&Cs LOL

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Ebolamonkeyman dot com has been doing this for 10 years or more. On his site you can buy tshirts and cups to celebrate his genius. Yes, it is an hilarious game, but nothing new.

He also has a book about it - calle Greetings in the name of our lord Jesus - or something like that, I forget.

I highly recommend www.ebolamonkeyman.com... He is a genious! He has had people recite whole books into MP3, carve wooden statues, travel all over the country - he is the original and the best.
edit on 7-3-2013 by nothingwrong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I'm not gonna get into it too much, but when I was 15 or 16, I actually got the scammers to send me money on more than one occassion. I made about $500 total. Then I got a little paranoid and stopped. Of course these people are criminals, and some are dangerous. So, like my father used to say: If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen...

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Wow, they actually have trophies and leagues? Maybe I should get involved again... I could start my own team, but its not too likely that many people would be willing to go in as deep as I have. But then again, I may be wrong. I'll have to check out these sites and see what kind of stories people have. Thanks for the awesome thread, and all replies. Brought back some memories.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Sounds like fun, I wish I had time for that.

By the way, I knew a guy from Canada who did this extensively. He convinced many scammers that he has a bar called "The Manhole" and he got a dozen or so of them to take pictures while holding a sign "I love the manhole". I thought that was pretty funny. He also pulled that thing with the "Church of the burning breast" or something off, and the scammers had to pledge themselves to the church and paint a cross on their breast in order to "get the money".

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I usually scam them along long enough to get a check from them (always fake) or in the rare instance actual money. you know to cover shipping and such. so far I have 13 checks. Made out to all kind names. clark kent, daniel superman, mike litoris, adolf hitler, and such. I also have $22.50 so far in real money. I keep it all in a shoe box so one day when i have enough i guess ill donate it to something. But it is a hell of a sport lol.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Nice to hear others are having fun also.

Last scammers that I dealt with is on the geo engineering forum here on ats. There is a few of them here but I think easily delt with.

Back to you Q, I have found the best of them get testy after being stuffed around long enough, I love the money has been sent line, gets them all excited.

Have fun but be careful, there is always a degree of danger.
edit on 7-3-2013 by fireyaguns because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by fireyaguns
Nice to hear others are having fun also.

Last scammers that I dealt with is on the geo engineering forum here on ats. There is a few of them here but I think easily delt with.

Back to you Q, I have found the best of them get testy after being stuffed around long enough, I love the money has been sent line, gets them all excited.

Have fun but be careful, there is always a degree of danger.
edit on 7-3-2013 by fireyaguns because: Spelling

What???

theres scammers here on ATS?
Are you sure you mean scammers and not trolls?

Do you actually mean there are people on this forum trying to get money out of other members?

To anyone who is interested I just got 2 emails, 1 from a aldy who saw my profile and thinks we would connect and 1 from a guy who has an investment opportunity. Im currently dealing with 6 and its hard work LOL.

Anyone wants their contact details to have some fun let me know

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Gosh this brings back memories. It must have been fifteen years ago now, but I recall having tracked some of them and giving their specifics to FBI. Other than the actual handoff of information I wasn't involved, and never heard of any investigations or prosecutions resulting. It was right when the "Help me get my money out of Africa..." scam started. I don't know how people are still getting away with this after all these years. I guess scum will always find a way to float.

I just want all you scambaiters to be careful. I love what you're doing, just be. careful.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Sounds like damn fine fun. I took a phone call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft telling me that he could see that my pc had a virus that needed fixing. Reallllly??? Didn't tell him I run a Mac so decided to play along for a bit. Sure enough he soon started to ask for log in details and such so I stop him and asked if I could speak his supervisor. Surprisingly (or maybe not) his 'supervisor' came on the line and have the same spiel. At this point I let him know that I thought his intentions were to scam me; it didn't go down too well.

I won't repeat what he told me to do with my phone, but it sounded quite painful and I'm not that sort of guy!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
A couple of years ago, I thought it might be fun to set up a 1-900 number to give out (in case I'm being too culturally US, that's a phone number that the caller has to pay when they call).

Maybe that could be a useful way to get some money for a good cause?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Another time I'm only mildly proud of was when I was alone and bored at home when a pair of young devotees of a well known western religion called at the door.

I couldn't resist; I'm slightly ashamed but I kept them talking for 45min. They tried their best on a number if occasions to get away, but I needed the company. I did eventually sense something nearing fear in them, so thought it was best they were on their way.

Their faces as they walked up the street kept looking back were a treat!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimble

LOL How long did you keep them talking?

Should never let them know your onto them, helps them refine their game and sound more legit.

I find it hilarious how upset they get when they realise they have had their time wasted, these people scam desperate people out of money for a living yet if you make them write a few emails or take some pictures your evil and your whole family is going to burn in hell LMAO

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimble

I always do this LOL

I always ask them about the inconsistencies and contradictions within their book of choice, they never have a decent answer and they never come back

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Ive just spent the past hour reading this

Baiting guidelines

I had no idea how involved this is, its almost professional the dedication and ingenuity these guys have.

I seriously recommend anyone with free time get in on this, Im having an absolute ball with my Lads.

Anyone wanna play a conniving and thieving lawyer who is gonna help a scammer rob my recently rich but mildly intellectual disabled character out of $3 million he just received as an inheritance?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I suspect that fireyaguns, a chemtrail believer, is referring to those with whom he has had differences of opinion in the geo-engineering thread, such as Phage and Aloysius the Gaul.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The anti-scammer who said he was David Lee Roth is the best EVER! Too bad the entire story of his was on Geocities and was erased.

If any of you can find it that would be awesome!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Diamon Dave and Scammers

A bit of info there about it.Again,if anyone can find the entire story,that would be wonderful!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join