It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ to Begin Crackdown on Conspiracy Theorists, Equating them to “Terrorists”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
This could coincide with reports of numerous “conspiracy” websites being hit with bruit attacks to slowdown/ crash servers.

The SPLC today issued a call for Eric Holder to begin a crackdown on conspiracy theorists and to mobilize all available federal resources to “devote to this threat.”

“As in the period before the Oklahoma City bombing, we now are seeing ominous threats from those who believe that the government is poised to take their guns,” SPLC President Richard Cohen was quoted in the press release. Cohen is a member of the Department of Homeland Security’s Countering Violent Extremism Working Group.”

Read more at investmentwatchblog.com...

So now it starts and its being aired out to the public. If's you ask questions about the "Official" story, you’re a conspiracy theorist, a enemy of the state, and a terrorist with links to commit attacks to the equivalent of the Oklahoma city bombing.

Their agenda is clear. Obey, step inline, or you’re a conspiracy theorist/ terrorist because you question the official story. God it scares me when the Alex Johns crowd is right.

Lovely country we all live in now.
edit on 6-3-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Seems as if $h!#'s about to get real. I knew this was coming.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
So now it starts ...

Started about 16 hours ago...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

A question about this: Is it conspiracy theorists in general that are seen as a threat or is it a specific type of conspiracy theorist?

The reason i ask is that, if i am being honest, some of the things i read from certain posters (naming no names!) on here frankly scare the s*!% out of me. Seriously, some people are so far out there that i understand where such a policy comes from.

However, i have always ATS to be generally full of your better class of conspiracy theorist (snob alert!). In point of fact, i wouldn't even call most members conspiracy theorists, more "people interested in things" (could be religion, politics, space, the planet, history, etc). Compared to sites like GLP i would go as far as to say that ATS is more like a Post Graduate discussion forum!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

A question about this: Is it conspiracy theorists in general that are seen as a threat or is it a specific type of conspiracy theorist?

The reason i ask is that, if i am being honest, some of the things i read from certain posters (naming no names!) on here frankly scare the s*!% out of me. Seriously, some people are so far out there that i understand where such a policy comes from.

However, i have always ATS to be generally full of your better class of conspiracy theorist (snob alert!). In point of fact, i wouldn't even call most members conspiracy theorists, more "people interested in things" (could be religion, politics, space, the planet, history, etc). Compared to sites like GLP i would go as far as to say that ATS is more like a Post Graduate discussion forum!

The problem is the government is setting persistence. They take baby steps to set up their agendas. First its “were only going to use drones for recons.” So they can get the planes in the air. Now drones are ok’ed to strike targets deemed a threat, per what Erik holder said yesterday. So now the drones are armed.

The problem with this is now conspiracy theorists are on the radar. “but only the militia groups”. Well that’s just for now. Note they use the term “conspiracy groups” not militia groups first. It’s a baby step to start to discredit all future “conspiracy groups” in the future as threats to the state.

you cant give the government in inch, they'll take a mile.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I understand that point - get a foot in the door so they can then yank it open at a later date. Equally though, i can kind of understand where such a policy position could come from.

For example, take the Chelyabinsk meteor the other week. We have video of it flying overhead, we have footage of the shockwaves, etc, etc. And yet we have people claiming it was missile attack, etc, for days and days afterwards. This is on a forum (internet) that is open access and available to everyone (rightly so) so the potential for creating mass panic is all to real. The real fear is that mass panic can cause societal unrest and breakdown, hence the potential need for legislation.

Personally, i think that is heavy handed but i do understand it. I would instead go down the enforcement route of anyone found guilty of such offences gets a massive jail sentence. Having said that, i am now preparing for being called a Nazi and fascist, etc, etc by fellow members!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

This could coincide with reports of numerous “conspiracy” websites being hit with bruit attacks to slowdown/ crash servers.

The SPLC today issued a call for Eric Holder to begin a crackdown on conspiracy theorists and to mobilize all available federal resources to “devote to this threat.”

“As in the period before the Oklahoma City bombing, we now are seeing ominous threats from those who believe that the government is poised to take their guns,” SPLC President Richard Cohen was quoted in the press release. Cohen is a member of the Department of Homeland Security’s Countering Violent Extremism Working Group.”

Read more at investmentwatchblog.com...

So now it starts and its being aired out to the public. If's you ask questions about the "Official" story, you’re a conspiracy theorist, a enemy of the state, and a terrorist with links to commit attacks to the equivalent of the Oklahoma city bombing.

Their agenda is clear. Obey, step inline, or you’re a conspiracy theorist/ terrorist because you question the official story. God it scares me when the Alex Johns crowd is right.

Lovely country we all live in now.

When it comes to anti-government stances most of the people here are talking out of their backside. Unemployed basement dwellers. The people you need to worry about use sites like this to network. They don't make their intentions clear on the web. They may be crazy but they're not stupid. The fact that the SLPC doesn't seem to know this shows how much credibility they DON'T have. But go ahead, buy all the guns and ammo you want and shoot your mouth off about how the "Big G" is gonna take your guns. Nobody's taking anything people. The good thing, I guess, is that peoples' paranoia is pumping money into a limp economy.

It's a good thing people like me, a good number of us, don't "question" official stories. We know most of it's BS, we pay it no mind and don't even bother trying to change the Government. We live outside of those conventions and get by just fine among others who do. Our priorities lie elsewhere. Besides, shut down one site and another will come back up. Call me crazy but I just think that no one in charge has the capability to censor the web to the point where peoples' government stances will be censored. Or changed.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

I understand that point - get a foot in the door so they can then yank it open at a later date. Equally though, i can kind of understand where such a policy position could come from.

For example, take the Chelyabinsk meteor the other week. We have video of it flying overhead, we have footage of the shockwaves, etc, etc. And yet we have people claiming it was missile attack, etc, for days and days afterwards. This is on a forum (internet) that is open access and available to everyone (rightly so) so the potential for creating mass panic is all to real. The real fear is that mass panic can cause societal unrest and breakdown, hence the potential need for legislation.

Personally, i think that is heavy handed but i do understand it. I would instead go down the enforcement route of anyone found guilty of such offences gets a massive jail sentence. Having said that, i am now preparing for being called a Nazi and fascist, etc, etc by fellow members!

you have a great point. The fear itself will cause panic and unrest. but the panic and unrest come from those who are blindside by the news, pick your meltdown topic, and not prepared.

People need to understand that the government as a whole is not your friend. That its stealing your money to fund wars and give fat checks to there friends. If the government was for the people, the FEDs would not be printing 40 billion dollars a month to give to the bankers. All economics aside, that 40 billion a month could buy tons of goods for the poor. yet we give it to the bankers?

Is that a government for the people?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

No one is taking anything? there is a history of the "big G" taking from the people. Like the peoples wealth, gold, in FDRs Executive order in the 30's under threat of fines and imprisonment.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
ever hear of the pot calling the kettle black, this is it. It's odd that to defend a country they must themselves become conspiracy theorists in order to create contingency plans in order to defeat national crimes, but instead they seem to be creating a big one. it just shows that true evil has infected this country like a plague, and conspiracy theorists have more moral fiber than a fiber optic cable.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Come on. It isn't the conspiracy theorists that are a threat. It is the exposure of real discrepancies and corrupt policies that is a threat to the people controlling this.
Oh oh, we're in trouble here.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

This is terrifying! The Government knows that sites such as this one are great places for people who are tired of the Government's lies to come and help discover the truth (of course you have to have a good BS detector as well). They know that information is power and any information that we have takes power away from them. If they can shut down our centers for organizing this information it becomes harder for us to know what is going on.

However the most terrifying thing of all is that this is being told to the public and they don't care! They have been so brainwashed to think that we are a bunch of fringe crazies that they could care less if we are taken out.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
If all that was posted were lies and half-truths the .gov would not care. Now it is going mainstream thanks in part to the Sandy Hook incident. It appears that they woke up the sleeping giant of millions of gun owners. That means that they can no longer discount the radical right.

I recently saw a "poll" that said that people thought the republican party was too radical. If that is the case why can you no longer find firearms or ammuntion in quantities.

All hell is about to break loose. The people have tried the soapbox and the ballot box. What comes next will destroy the country.

Why are those that are trying to preserve the constituion now considered terrorists? Why is reading and quoting a government document anathema? Why is it wrong to call a politician a liar, when you have the tape to prove your accusations? Why is it wrong to question the government?

The founding fathers, bless their conspiritorilal souls, knew this was coming. Those that thought themselves to be in control are being backed into a corner. They have to act and squash this quickly and harshly. We have to act just as quickly to preserve our freedom. Remember they aren't the Bill of Suggestions!

respectfully

Reluctantpawn

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Well, it already started awhile back, you were already on a list if you were being vocal against the official story, it is just now they are going to start being active in rounding us up.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I think a lot of this new government activity is, in part, a byproduct of this.

Hillary Clinton: US Losing Information War to Alternative Media

The US is losing the global information war, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton declared while appearing before a congressional committee to ask for extra funds to spread US propaganda through new media.

Link

I realize that this is from 2011, but I feel that it relates.

Controlling the lines of communication and information is of the utmost importance, esp in times of war.

edit on 6-3-2013 by occrest because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Until cyber-crime created by the government to justify legislation for the abolishment of free speech has succeeded, in the meantime they can use cyber-crime to silence the opposition. The opposition will not have any legal recourse against the government.

new topics

top topics

join