It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Goes On Strike !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
That's the final straw... DHS, the Dept that swore to protect the United States after 9/11 has now made the purchase of 2,717 Tanks to defend the streets of the nation. Lets go ahead and add that to their current stockpile of Manpower, Drones, and Bullets. Are you beginning to see the picture here?

Now I'm not calling out to you as a Republican, a Democrat, or any related political party. I'm reaching out to you as a concerned US Citizen that would like to see a better tomorrow.

We're the Band-aids for the Corporations that literally bleed money everyday. We're the SLAVES that work our asses off for a living so some greedy executive can lounge in one mansion or another. But most of all, we're the very blood that pumps through the veins of the world today. After all, if the Queen doesn't have her worker bees, there isn't a hive now is there?

Buying guns didn't get anyone's attention, peaceful rallies didn't get anyone's attention, spamming Facebook with pictures and comments designed to rouse the average sleeping man or woman didn't do anything.

WE NEED TO GO ON STRIKE!!! If everyone, the world over, refused to work, we'd have their attention. We'd have their balls in a juicer.. those massive corporations that work feverishly into the night to make an extra buck would SCREECH to a halt. I guarantee you, we would have their attention then.

Please share this and pass it on until everyone the world over sees what must be done to stop these tyrants from destroying the world. Thank you.

edit on 6-3-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Well, considering I'm a full time college student who hasn't been able to find meaningful work for over 2 years? I don't know what I'd have to strike from??

I'm with ya in spirit though! I'd sure support any such call with my presence on the protest lines, without question.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mrdeadfolx

Nothing can prevent what's coming. You just have to let it be.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Well, considering I'm a full time college student who hasn't been able to find meaningful work for over 2 years? I don't know what I'd have to strike from??

I'm with ya in spirit though! I'd sure support any such call with my presence on the protest lines, without question.

Thanks Wrabbit! The great thing about this protest is that its non-violent but it has to be done with willful determination. We can't give an inch and we certainly can't expect the media to help us out. We'll have to do it ourselves, spread the word like wildfire and tell your friends. If we could get everything to screech to a halt in one day, then I'm sure it'll be enough to rattle their cage and give us the floor.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I refuse to believe that randyvs, thinking that we as people are powerless is ridiculous. We outnumber them, we do all the work. Without us, their money stacks will shrivel and die. Think of the effect this sort of peaceful revolution would have on the stock market, corporations would be crippled. They'd have no choice but to hear us out. Just because the government claims they're elite and above us doesn't mean a damn thing to me, we're all human beings and I think its about time we start treating each other as equals. What do you have to lose? If there's nothing that can be done to change anything?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I wish this could become a reality. I would live to skip work this morning, LOVE IT, but I don't think my wife would let that fly.........

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

What do you propose we do with all the hungry people this will create. Don't you see, there are logistics that would be serious issues if everyone sat on their butts and did nothing. What about all the farms with crops to seed and harvest that keeps our food chain running.

I own my small home based business...am I supposed to stop producing....I don't make a lot of money, but I do count on it.

Just giving some reality check factors to think about.

Des

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Or ya know people could vote for some one different there might of been a chance with Ron Paul . Whatever as I have said before the majority of people are happy with how things are the way they are in your country and mine some people are afraid of change afraid of the unknown and will always want things to stay the same and seem content with subtle change that they don't really notice.

Until there is a tipping point where the majority want change or what ever we will still be seen as the dude holding a sign on the street corner ranting about the end of the world

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

If is the question.... I hope something can get going because the time is far past, to be sure. Occupy should have done this...but it didn't. I was there though and I damn sure tried. I'll try again ..and again..and again, too. Why not? The alternative is to pick up a gun and do stupid things to hurt innocent people. That's NO option and I don't quit easily ... So...you're approach is the path until I have the education behind be to join the system and work the inside out.

I wish truckers could have done this....and that's where I doubt it happening. In trucking, it was our livelihood. Millions of us. Matters like low rates, high fuel and crap pay rates while big companies hauled at a loss to run people out of business should have been enough to strike ..but never was. If truckers had been able to strike, the nation would have been on it's knees within 10 days. They'd have gotten anything they wanted ..within reason.

Even that wasn't enough motivation. I'll hope though..and I'm dead serious about being willing to help if anything ever looks promising. You can make a note to U2U on that promise.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The US won't go on strike, just like my England wont go on strike, or any other nation. The people have been so dumbed down, things that would have seemed horiffic 30 years ago are just accepted as a normality.

Over here, we have lost more than the US could ever imagine, arguably, we have more to strike over, but we wont. It is so very painful for me to watch

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

We outnumber them, we do all the work.

I agree we out number them. And still they beckon us.
SnF BTW

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

What do you propose we do with all the hungry people this will create. Don't you see, there are logistics that would be serious issues if everyone sat on their butts and did nothing. What about all the farms with crops to seed and harvest that keeps our food chain running.

Des

If we can effectively spread the word that we as Americans have had enough, we can start/finish this strike in a matter of days. A few days isn't going to hurt people to the brink of starvation, it's a small sacrifice sure, but isn't everyone already prepared for this kinda thing with oodles of canned food?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrdeadfolx

WE NEED TO GO ON STRIKE!!! If everyone, the world over, refused to work, we'd have their attention. We'd have their balls in a juicer..

Just a couple of problems with this. After a period of time, what would we eat. The average American grocery store has only three days of food on the shelves. What about those in need of medical care, who'll take care of them? A strike would take a lot more than days...it would have to be a long term thing to actually have a impact.

I think it would get violent quickly. Those in charge would just sit back and watch us destroy each other.
edit on 6-3-2013 by TDawgRex because: spelling

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrdeadfolx
reply to post by randyvs

I refuse to believe that randyvs, thinking that we as people are powerless is ridiculous. We outnumber them, we do all the work. Without us, their money stacks will shrivel and die. Think of the effect this sort of peaceful revolution would have on the stock market, corporations would be crippled. They'd have no choice but to hear us out. Just because the government claims they're elite and above us doesn't mean a damn thing to me, we're all human beings and I think its about time we start treating each other as equals. What do you have to lose? If there's nothing that can be done to change anything?

I used to think like that too until I have had a family to support ya know mouths to feed , shelter to provide , electricity to cook and to heat our place in the winter .Diapers, formula . what about clean drinking water , who will man the water treatment centers . I hope you do see the flaw in this idea of yours ? I hope ... As Des had said what about logistics , your Idea would cause more death and famine that what these greedy executives could ever achieve by low balling minimum wage
edit on 6/3/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yes, and that's a very big IF. I don't feel like I'm not at work, I'm trying to spread the word everywhere I can, chat rooms, facebook, etc.. if you guys could copy/paste the OP to FB or other places that would help this more effectively than anything I could ever do by myself. It'd be like that montage in Green Hornet where two people tell two people, etc, etc. I really wish there was another way =\ Marching to DC will get me shot with rubber bullets, and I agree that violent revolution isn't the way. HOPEFULLY if we stir enough of a ruckus, the media networks that aren't slaves to the Government's will might help spread the word too. But I'm not holding my breath.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

What makes you think the millions of people in inner cities have *oodles* of food. What is reality, they don't have anything stockpiled. What your idea for change will instigate is exactly what TPTB want...civil unrest to the max.

Looting that snowballs into the very situation they want. If anyone has *oodles* of supplies stockpiled, it's the government and wealthy who'll just sit it out, while the rest of us turn on each other.

You are probably very young and idealistic. I lived through the Rodney King riots days...it won't take much to set off an opportunistic cluster-**** in a lot of big, economically depressed cities.

I applaud your enthusiasm...but, it wouldn't be all Unicorns and Rainbows like you envision. I hope you are ready for all out civil war...because that is what you are looking at, with your scenario.

Des

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Thanks Wrabbit! The great thing about this protest is that its non-violent but it has to be done with willful determination.

We can’t get even half the country to vote, so how could we get them to strike? Besides, with unemployment and government assistance at all time highs, I think a large segment of the population started this strike long ago! The rest of us are trying to keep our heads above water.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

You sound much like me, actually.

At the heart of it...it's what drives my efforts online. Oh I enjoy the web design work and I love the social aspect of all the friends I'm made here and elsewhere. In the end though and before those factors came to make it enjoyable, it was about seeing something in this nation change. Little bits..here and there. Facts where appropriate and good debate to counter bad points otherwise. Still...always in the same direction for change. If just a few people over the whole time I'm online are motivated to learn more on subjects and, on their own, come to a more active position in life? Then all the effort is worth it and then some. Just as nothing was going to be accomplished with 200 people in a park at St Louis (Occupy). I was there though because it wasn't about 200 people in a park. It was about 300 million SEEING those 200 and the people in cities all across this nation at the time ...and joining the crowds.

Some did.. most didn't. It was worth the effort though. We HAVE to try. Otherwise, what do we tell our children in future years when they ask us with deep searching eyes....'Why did the world come to be like this'? 'Why can't we live like you did when you were a kid?'. How do we answer these things....if we haven't even tried to stop this all?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

What about the little girl who waits for the school bus everyday, unaware of how many sex offenders drive by her each morning on their way to coffee up.? What if she locks her self out of the house everyday, because both mom and dad have to work ?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
It would have to be world wide or it wouldn't work. If just the USA did it, the corporations would just punish us by moving the few remaining production facilities overseas.

A worldwide protest/strike sounds kinda nice but there are just too many variables that would make it ineffective.

You have people that want to participate but cannot out of need.
You have people that say they will and won't do it to score points with 'the boss" and undermine the idea.
You have some countries where the people would be imprisoned and/or beaten for even considering something like that.

Nice fantasy but completely impossible.

TPTB, over the last few decades, have quietly created a system that won't be so easily undone. Even here in the USA, laws and ordinances have been passed that, while at the time seemed harmless, but now in conjunction with newer laws and security proclamations...suddenly have teeth.

It was a slow and deliberate take over. We slept and they quietly implemented their agendas...and there is not much we can do about it now other than just let the whole thing fall completely apart...

ETA...

If you are wondering what things passed and seemed harmless and then new info came out that gave them teeth, think of this example.

After 9/11, we were told that any terrorist, dissident or traitor to the USA could be held without trial indefinitely. Most patriotic folks said "yeah!...get those b@stards!"...then later...they released a list of what is considered "suspect" activity which included stockpiling food, guns, ammunition etc..They included survivalists, preppers and...believe it or not...anyone that was missing a finger..."might be a threat"...

Put this broad description along with what they can do to said "defined threat" and it takes on a whole new meaning...

See how this is being done?
edit on 3/6/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join