It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CENSORED! Conspiracy Theorist May Be Getting Blocked. The End Just Might Be Nigh After All

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
Please, go drink some tea and think about the social hazards of taking things entirely too literal, and/or personal.

You should have done that before posting your own speculations. The source of the attack is already known (not by you, obviously.) I took the title of the thread to be ironic. I took your posts to just be tasteless ridiculing...as per usual.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

If you only just sent me a 'respected foe' notice like so many others tend to do, it would have hurt my feelings oh so much more.

I swear. Does anyone here have a sense of humor?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Well, you know your stuff, and that's great. There are members I agree with and some I don't, and that's part of ATS. But ridiculing others is not necessary. There is nothing to respect about that.

But I am off-topic now. I will report myself to the mods. Carry on.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sirhumperdink

I did indeed notice a continuous stream of attack patterns popping up on the Interface in Aachen Germany.

The question is, is it the only German honeypot they have, or is this a sophisticated attack on some infrastructure.

There are a couple huge hosting centers and a technical University down there, my bet is the honeypot is located in the TU Aachen.

Concerning the obviously ongoing attack against ATS, I still have neither experienced downtime nor delays.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Perhaps this was designed to look like a bunch of kids in a basement doing all of this. Who knows. It could be a test. It could be kids, but regardless of who is doing it, they obviously have a problem with these sites and want to take them down to cut off the flow of information. Maybe something is about to happen and someone just wants to see how cutting off these sites will go.

As I mentioned in another thread, it doesn't matter if they shut down these sites, it's not going to stop anyone from talking. If anything it will make people get out of their chairs, get together, and figure out what's next.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by UltraVision

Yep, I avoid the mine field of mind traps around here. If I get caught up in this bs, I get distracted. Some people want to distract.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Godlikeproductions and Luniticoutpost are controlled by the same "Powers That Be" if one bans you the other will ban you for no reason. I had posted Anti Israel threads on LOP and they have now banned my IP, as I'm no longer able to access the site, the next day GLP banned my IP (Not banned me but banned my IP as I'm no longer able to even pull up their site) and I never posted anything on their site.
Both sites are doing massive agenda purging..something evil this way comes

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
GLP is an extortion site...sorry, I said it. You can participate in posting for free but many options are only for paying members. They regularly ban blocks of IP numbers...aka...free participants... and then you get a message that if you want to "upgrade" to a paid membership your membership/account will be reinstated...where I'm from, that's called extortion. I have been caught in more blocks of IP bans than I can count. Check back in a month and you can post again.

If someone is attacking conspiracy sites, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a bunch of teenagers...it might also be those that are railing at CT sites because of some of the more sensitive topics...Sandy hook and the cop Dormer thing has offended some of the more thin skinned folks out there.

Just a thought...

And screw GLP...that place is a joke anyway. The only redeeming quality is you can post whatever foul language you want...if you feel that it's necessary....there is zero censorship but the content reflects that as well...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Hey, Heff...
I just clicked on the link one of the members referenced as from a thread of yours,
and a "HoneyNet" security map popped up. As I was looking at it trying to figure it out a new red blob appeared on the USA, very near where I live - the ONLY red blob in the USA....

what did you do to me!!??

I have noticed ats having some trouble responding quickly enough and my ISP just says "unavailable." I lost a couple of posts when I hit "post" the screen went totally blank and I couldn't retrieve my text. The next time I copied it just in case that happened again, and it did.

Sorry if this is off-topic, or, is it? I'm confused. Did I just get myself put on a hacker list or something?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Nope.. Just a coincidence. The red dots are mapping cyber attacks. If you didn't launch a DDoS at that very moment - nor get hammered by one? Just a coincidence.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Yeah, SURE it is.......

(I'd do an eye-rolly face here, but I'm really only kidding ya. Coinkydinks can be somewhat alarming when one doesn't know much - only a tiny superficial bit - of how the internet works anyway.)

Thanks for the reassurance. We do have a Federal Reserve here, though. Maybe it's them being attacked?

EDIT: Honestly, I wouldn't know if I got hammered by one...I don't even know what it is. ... hmmm.
edit on 6-3-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
There is 1 website that has been down for almost 2 weeks. An oddity people have noticed is if you are in the military and login to the military computers....you can type in that website and it WORKS....

But everyone else around the world can't type in that website and get it to work.....nobodies figured out whats going on there....unless its the Government keeping that site from being accessible to the public.

I just think we're seeing our Gov do what the chinese have always been doing.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeriousIndividual
Godlike Productions, YES I SAID IT,
Also, is it a felony to mention that website's name here?

No, it's not.
And we generally don't remove links to GLP unless the linked content is overwhelmed with offensive material (which sometimes means we have to remove links often).

As far as we know, "someone" felt wronged by the staff of GLP to the extent they went on the warpath, and perhaps recruited others who felt the same way. At around the same time they started experiencing trouble, our DDoS mitigation solution saw suspicious activity and started sending alerts and blocking access. Apparently we're part of some group target, but our defenses are a bit more proactive and professionally planned than most sites our size/type.

Hopefully, this ends soon and everyone is back online.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
For the last week when I've tried to access ATS, the attempted connection has regularly timed out really quickly on the first go. And I've had to refresh the page to get to the site.

Is this part of it do you guys think? It's only been happening with ATS where I have to refresh the page because on first go it times out after .1 seconds

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
"conspiracy theorists" is a durogatory title to give those who basically question something to the point of it being taboo to the average person.

I think one should consider the movie the Matrix, the trilogy actualy not just the first movie. In the Matrix, it is found out that zion was actually created by the machines as another system of control. The machines failed many times to try and harness 100percent of all human minds and eventually realized that there would always be a small percent of human minds that for whatever reason reject the Matrix, and for that reason they created zion as a controlled system that would in the end be harnessed just the same.

What is known as 'conspiracy theorist culture' I see as the exact same. You have people like Alex Jones and major websites that gather conspiracy theorists. Common people discussing common topics tend to learn from one another, without knowing, and generally grow together and adapt similiar states of mind. For example if you watch Alex Jones too much you'll end up developing a similiar 'exuberant attitude' towards things
. I don't mean that in a negative way, I just mean to present that the idea of gathering and centralizing all conspiracy theorists is a genuine tool to end up making all conspiracy theorists thinking and acting in the same direction - controlled opposition.

Going further on that thought, there are many conspiracy sites. One thing I have noticed is that all have different levels of censorship for their members. Because of this, each conspiracy site caters to a select conspiracy theorist archtype. Now, with control over all centralized archtypes of the conspiracy theorist culture, all one has to do is begin to tamper with the avaliability to share and post information. A 'site down' for a day or two, a couple times a year.. Once or twice a month the site being unreliable. The rules and regulations for posting being vague at best so that sometimes you say something that doesn't get you banned, and sometimes you say something less and do get banned.

Once the common conspiracy theorist has developed his state of mind in this circumstance long enough they will be a drastically different person than if they had spent a number of years in a more reliable setting. A reliable setting would be a site that caters to members professing knowledge and wisdom on subjects and willing to adjust the rules and regulations according to the sharing of information and interest in new topics, truth and denial of ignorance. A setting much like what 'college schools' are suppose to be, a place to develope a sound open mind and learn new things in the correct ways.

This is negated when the archtypes are separated, censored, posts and moderation abused as well as the sites being nonfunctional.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I think the disgruntled post ATS member is probably the source, just as Heff has informed us. He is in the know after all, and it's reasonable to assume that the ATS owner and moderators do have a pro-active system in place to identify these sorts of attacks.

What is the ultimate revenge to a conspiracy geek gone bad? How about create a whole new conspiracy, directly revolving around your own hack. Then watching in glee as membership starts pointing the finger at the big bad wolf - government. All the while, it's just a dissident looking to create more conspiracy.

Don't react at this point, just observe and gather the facts. Hacks happen, and what better way to incite panic than get all the paranoid, looking for signs (patterns) people all in a fury and up in arms. It's best to stay rational at this point and not start yelling "the sky is falling, the sky is falling", just yet.

Peace,
Cirque
edit on 6-3-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirhumperdink
also maybe someone can shed some light on why the ip (50.77.6.11) being attacked is shown to be in germany but when i do a lookup it comes up as arkansas graphics inc based in little rock arkansas

Maybe the IP is proxied?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I don't know about tampered with but the amount of videos on the Internet is growing yet nearly every thread about it on ATS has been closed.
The amount of flaws in the story from the media and authorities is just getting larger.
Yet I haven't seen a new thread on ATS for a while.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join