It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CENSORED! Conspiracy Theorist May Be Getting Blocked. The End Just Might Be Nigh After All

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Ok so I just read a thread that is discussing how conspiracy oriented sites including ATS are having some "technical difficulties" Heres the thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here my initial reply in thread (I might go edit and say i made thread now.)

reply to post by CUBD1

Yes Iv'e been experiencing the same problem..it seems the juicer the thread I'm in the more it acts up..but that was earlier it seems find now.

Anyways I'm going to address the Elephant in the room, that could possibly turn into an elephant size conspiracy, I'm not making my own thread for this, because, it feels like it goes hand and hand with the OP so since we our already on the same page/topic I believe it doesn't derail thread but add more substance, so without further adieu my point is:

What event is going on right now or about to happen that sites like these are being "tampered" with?

ps: I just thought of real life ats example...MSM just announce earlier that hugo chavez just died on tuesday due to cancer etc etc..but tell me why I already literally read about it on here that hugo chavez was dead weeks ago...When I read the news link I was like Why is this breaking news if I read about it weeks ago?

heres the link to thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

now I'll admit when i first saw it i was like meh idc this is prob fake and if its true i stilll don't care since it was him, and i went on with my ats lurking..but now that i just read this threads OP and replies and the "breaking news" www.foxnews.com... correlations, I'm thinking to myself something must be going on..

Soo whats going on

I put this in the gray area for obvious reasons, but I honestly think something could be going on, so
good people of ATS have at it Whats going on?

My Main question is

What event is going on right now or about to happen that sites like these are being "tampered" with?

I welcome all replies whether its from the hardcore skeptics,instant believers,the trully curious, and even the dis ifno agents
Well HAVE AT IT ATS lets get to the bottom of this.
edit on 6-3-2013 by HumanitiesLastHope because: Headline change..

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Godlike Productions, YES I SAID IT, has been experiencing major problems for about a week+ and the administrators of that site claim to know who is behind the attacks. They've claimed to have already contacted the authorities, whoever that may be, and are close to shutting down whoever is behind the attacks. From what I read these people threatened to cause major problems to conspiracy websites.

Also, is it a felony to mention that website's name here? If so, guilty as charged. As of now, when I try to access that website it tells me my IP is banned. What a bunch of...............
edit on 6-3-2013 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SeriousIndividual

Hmm that is very interesting, could you tell me what type of content this site godlike productions provides? If its juicy stuff I have a feeling that something is going on..not to mention the US gov arming to the teeth,the pope stuff, north korea stuff and more

Also if saying a name is a felony then we are living in a world where thought speak is already in acted..I guess I shouldn't be surprises since this is already an orwellian dystopia...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanitiesLastHope

I am not the sharpest tool in the shed but if I wanted to limit the flow of information this is what I would do. Maybe something is about to happen or maybe they are testing the system for when they need to turn off the flow.

If it walks like a duck............. Many strange stories in the past few weeks from reporters being threatened to this.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanitiesLastHope

On the other thread Hefficide brought this link. Its a real time map showing attacks in yellow. One of the blips in Europe is lit up like a christmas tree!

Heres another: internettrafficreport.com...

And: www.isitdownrightnow.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
This is always amusing.

Conspiracy sites + either end-user related, or other technical difficulties almost always seem bring chicken little out to run around screaming about government attacks, or ... something conspiracy related.

Same thing with n00bs and hacker-related websites. "OMg, i gotz teh hax0r!".

I swear. Some people should just wear those high absorbency adult diapers the propensity they have for eagerly peeing themselves while running around in circles yelling about secret government agencies, aliens, prophecies of doom, hackers, or any other fruits of delusional paranoia.

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Well, except that this is a verified DDoS attack and has been going on for the better part of a week, off and on. So it's not entirely hyperbole.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Certainly, but, is it deh alienses? or teh black helicopterses? or teh super secret ninja robot zombie alien MIB government?

Internet attacks happen. It's part of internet security.
Have a website with any sort of controversial topic(s) under discussion and someone is going to (attempt to) hack it, and/or bomb it with packets.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Actually the indications right now point to a group of teenagers from a chan. But this is ATS... so....

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
The conspiracy nut in me does find it strange how ATS seems to be unaffected by these attacks.
I mean Sites like CIA and banks cave under the pressure of DDOS attacks... yet Ats shows some lag on refreshing.

So i'm thinking either ATS wasn't attacked at full power, or ATS has some pretty strange defense mechanics in place. Which brings me to the price tag along with it. ( for a site which barely survives to pay for server etc
)

Either way that's just me tho ^^

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Actually the indications right now point to a group of teenagers from a chan. But this is ATS... so....

exactly.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

I remember years ago i visit that site one time, never posted anything and got banned the next day for no reason. I had to change my ip just to read the trolling comments on that site. Till this very day, im still banned.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Well ATS is very slow today and locking up a few time But ???????
I'm prety sure the NSA will switch us too there main server any time now.

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

What are you blabbering about ? No-one here mentioned "T3h black helicopters" or "alienses" except you. Obviously your knowledge about the attack is comparable to a cows knowledge about making pancakes, so you might as well refrain from delivering even more unqualified comments.

This appears to me like a small scale D-DOS attack, and as already pointed out may as well be originating from a disgruntled member. A single person with access to a handful zombie PCs would suffice.

There is no way of protecting against a professional large scale DDOS attack ( Large meaning a couple TB/sec traffic pumped into a single load balancer or WAN interface ), and seeing no downtime on my end so far, I go with the disgruntled script kiddie.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

yeah tons of attacks in germany right now
....impossible to tell where theyre really coming from but those md5 hashes are linked to a list of what was actually found and what found it....lot of worms

also maybe someone can shed some light on why the ip (50.77.6.11) being attacked is shown to be in germany but when i do a lookup it comes up as arkansas graphics inc based in little rock arkansas

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I don't think they need to block the websites or attack them with DOS or whatever attacks they have - that would call too much attention to their agenda. All they need to do is pass laws in effect of or get the website to make rules that stop the free flow of certain information and threaten the website if they don't enforce it. I don't believe even ATS is big and strong and secure enough not to cave to the man in black if they can really shut down the website. Conspiracy websites would need to be located and run from foreign countries with strong internet freedom values that the US Government cannot touch.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I don't think they need to block the websites or attack them with DOS or whatever attacks they have - that would call too much attention to their agenda. All they need to do is pass laws in effect of or get the website to make rules that stop the free flow of certain information and threaten the website if they don't enforce it. I don't believe even ATS is big and strong and secure enough not to cave to the man in black if they can really shut down the website. Conspiracy websites would need to be located and run from foreign countries with strong internet freedom values that the US Government cannot touch.

At the end of the day, in my opinion, this will be the outcome.

Sites like ATS will just vanish.

One day we will go to log on and bam.... 404... The whole site.

Not unrealistic to think otherwise.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join