It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recomend me a Good Hunting Bow

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Some shameless self promotion here
check out my thread on the subtleties of shooting a bow(or slingshot) instinctively:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Happy shooting and best of luck

Thanks...checking out right now..

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Yeah, you'd probably be able to draw more than 60lbs.

My girlfriend is slim, petite and well able to draw a 40lb bow.

Strong arms and shoulders are a plus but the muscle groups on your back are just as important.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
50lbs is sufficient to kill anything you'd be shooting....

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I use a BowTech TomKat, this is a review here:
compoundbowchoice.com...

It's light, quiet and damn accurate, I can pretty much hit a target with no problem up to 40 yards away.
Learn to do basic maintainence on your bow, mainly waxing your strings, which will help them last a good 2-3 years, I have a video I posted on YouTube about basic bow maintainence, I'm on my iPad right now so I'll post it in a little while

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Ok, i see a nice bear compound bow for sale on ebay...i messaged the seller asking a few question about the bow as the detail was a bit sketchy...ie...no draw weight, why is there a release aid in the picture but not advertise as part of the package...he replied that the bow had only been used twice..looks new. still waiting on the answer about the release aid..

Also i noticed that the bow in the picture was missing the cable Guard/rod....I asked the seller about this, I'm still waiting on reply...how hard is it to get a hold of a Cable guard/rod and slide for a Bear Encounter Compound bow.

If he says he doesn't have it i'll be deeply suspicious as i have googled and ebayed for this part and nothing showed up that i could see...
I hope he's not breaking it up to maximize his profit...

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Bump...
how hard is it to get a hold of a Cable guard/rod and slide for a Bear Encounter Compound bow

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join