It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your go to sandwich?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I love a good sandwich for lunch esp roast beef. Nothing better imo! I am not a big lunch person but if I do have lunch it is usually going to be a sandwich of some kind be it grilled cheese or bologna lol but my favorite is roast beef by far.

There is something about a roast beef sandwich that is filling for me and quite tasty and addicting! I prefer my roast beef on toasted rye bread. I will eat it on white but there is nothing better than roast beef on rye...mmmmm!

I prefer romaine lettuce and slices of tomato with a couple slices of cheese. The cheese varies depending on the cheese I have stocked and I stock a FULL cheese drawer. Friends and family joke about my cheese collection but you never know what kind of cheese you will need! I prefer Havarti Dill on my roast beef and 2 slices please!! MMMM! I also have to have Grey Poupon on it as well or some kind of deli spicy mustard. I get the roast beef at the grocery store deli, it's sirloin roast beef from Boars Head. It is so darn good but a little pricey at $12 bucks a pound so it's not something I stock weekly. I have been splurging lately while pregnant. It seems little Liam loves the roast beef too
I always joke and say he is pulling on the "womb service" for roast beef or a steak which makes my fiancee look at me funny then laugh.

If I make a sandwich I like to have something like corn chips or crackers with it as well as some fruit, usually strawberries or a banana.

Lunch today:

So ATS what is your favorite sandwich and how to you prefer it be served?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Another Roast Beef fan here. I like mine grilled on Rye with American White Cheddar Horseradish Cheese, add fresh onion & mustard after it comes off the grill.

edit on 5-3-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Oh wow you just got my mouth watering
I LOVE a good sandwich!

My ultimate fav sandwich is on long roll.... soft on the inside and crusty on the outside (semolina roll)
with the addition of my homemade roasted red peppers in olive oil and basil and garlic.. a good amount of fresh mozzerella and
Capicolla Ham (red peppered) and Prosciuttini Ham (black pepper ham) then sprinkled with more extra virgin... then wrapped in foil and heated in the oven till it feels just a bit crispy....... and the coldest possible Labatts Blue!
Ahhh .....

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

well,

Bacon.

3 strips extra crispy, 3 still chewy.

melted cheese on top. I like the 3 cheese approach. mozzarella if you have it, melted manchego cheese, and charred goat cheese are the best combo...

I have come to love switching the type of sauce I put on the slightly toasted bread. I have a new preference for garlic/ olive oil sauce.....that or smokey mild hot sauce. If I do the hot sauce I wont use goat cheese. I like just regular melted american cheese and cheddar then.

or just a regular projucto, or preferably Jamon Serano (Spanish version that is a little saltier and better aged.)
with olive oil on fresh bread....

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by starlitestarbrite

That sounds really good and I'm not a big ham fan but that sounds wonderful!

I recently did find a ham that I like thanks to the deli manager at our local grocery store. lol She suggested it to me and I wasn't too sure but I tried it and it was delicious. It's a roasted parmesan pesto ham that I think is from Boars Head. I'm not sure. It didn't taste anything like the ham I've had and it was tastey. I made a grilled cheese with gouda, gruyere and tomato the other night with this ham and it was really good. I thought of making another one but I didn't want to get up lol

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tadaman

well,

Bacon.

3 strips extra crispy, 3 still chewy.

melted cheese on top. I like the 3 cheese approach. mozzarella if you have it, melted manchego cheese, and charred goat cheese are the best combo...

Ok I'm drooling! This sounds really good! I like bacon of course. I mean who wouldn't?!

I have never heard of manchego cheese and I haven't seen it before either. What kind of cheese is it? I want to find it and try it. I am a HUGE cheese nut. I have one crisper drawer dedicated to cheese. I have all kinds of cheese in shredded or brick format. Some i have in both. I always have cheese on hand because you can make a lot of dishes with cheese. I can make a cream sauce with just a little or I can make homemade mac and cheese. I never know what cheese I will use so I make sure I always have at least 5 different cheeses lol. Friends and family have commented on the amounts of cheese I store lol

I love goat cheese! I like to stuff chicken with it or make raviolis with it. MMMM.

I have come to love switching the type of sauce I put on the slightly toasted bread. I have a new preference for garlic/ olive oil sauce.....that or smokey mild hot sauce. If I do the hot sauce I wont use goat cheese. I like just regular melted american cheese and cheddar then.

Ohhhh garlic and olive oil sounds good. I'm gonna have to try this.

I too like to try different mixtures of sauces you could say on my grilled cheese. I will mix a few different condiments or herbs and spread it on the bread. I like basil with mayo and a little spicy mustard. This is good on a turkey sandwich or chicken sandwich. I haven't tried it on roast beef because I pretty much only want deli style spicy mustard on my roast beef. I will have it with mayo if I Don't have the mustard but it just isn't the same for me.

or just a regular projucto, or preferably Jamon Serano (Spanish version that is a little saltier and better aged.)
with olive oil on fresh bread....

I haven't heard of that one either. We do have some Spanish markets here I can see if they carry it. I wouldn't mind trying this on grilled cheese.

CX

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Gotta be bacon for me, 3 strips, crispy enough so the rind is not chewy, topped with a poached egg.....white cut off as its ewwwwww.

Washed down with a cuppa, glorious.

Failing that, crusty rolls from the local bakery filled with fresh honey roast ham from my local butchers. Washed down with another cuppa.

CX.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I'm waiting for the Mblah cooking show soon to be seen on your local tv station.

Then it will be Baby and Me, nutritional foods for your toddlers.

Ok, I'm hungry now.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Grown-up Grilled Cheese

2 thick slices of italian or french bread

3 slices extra crispy bacon

2 slices of a nice ripe tomato

1 slice each of provolone and cheddar cheeses

Assemble and grill with butter, like your standard grilled cheese.

If it wasn't snowing like crazy, I would be at the store buying all the stuff, because, it sounds really good right now!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

That sounds yummy.
My favorite is a homemade meatball sub with melted mozzarella and thin slivers of red onion on a hoagie roll.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I'm torn between two.

1) French dip with carmelized onions and pepper jack and au jus. There's just something really comforting and tasty about dipping a sandwitch in de jus. ... wheat bun, roast beef, onions, pepper jack *slobber*

2) The classic Reuben sandwitch. Hard to go wrong...... pastrami (none o' that freaky turkey stuff, either... ew!), grilled rye, swiss cheese melted over sauerkraut, thousand island dressing on one side, and mustard on the other, side of potato salad.

3) Okay, I lied. One more: Wheat roll, mustard, mayo, lots of thin-sliced lettuce, turkey breast slice SO thin, avocado -- salted and peppered -- dash of vinegar in the lettuce, sliced jalepenos and tomatoes.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Grilled PB&J

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
If I make it myself, a grilled ham and cheese...preferably with some chicken noodle soup. (I love dipping the sandwich in the soup...don't know why).

If I get one somewhere though..I love Subway's Turkey sub..the Italian Herb & Cheese Bread, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, green peppers, pickles, oil & vinegar, salt & pepper....yum.

The other go to one...a French Dip sub...oh yeah.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
fried chicken breast sandwich, and not the steroid fed chickens. just the regular size frying hen.
with lettuce, tomato, pickles and swiss or mozzarella cheese.

man it's hard to beat.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Liverwurst Club - 2 thick cut slices of liverwurst (or 3 thinly cut slices), 4 pieces of bacon, thick slice of yellow onion, Guldens Spicy Brown mustard, lettuce, tomato, on 3 slices of white bread cut into 4. It gives a bad case of zoo breath, but man it's good.

.................and a side of salt and vinegar chips, washed down with a Sunkist orange soda
edit on 6-3-2013 by UnBreakable because: added chips and soda

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I had a waitress beg me to try this because she claimed to eat one every day.

Grill Chicken Strip Sandwich

Grilled Chicken
Two slices of toast
Onion
3 pickle slices
3 strips of bacon
3 fresh spinach leaves
One sunny side up egg
Honey Mustard.

It was very good! I get this sometimes while eating out. The runny middle egg sounded gross but, something about the taste of it combined with the honey mustard is very good.

edit on 6/3/13 by toochaos4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Roast Beef is great, but there's one thing I like better. Meat Loaf with Miracle Whip on a homemade bun. I usually eat mayo, but it's not the same without the Miracle Whip.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I am a man... Picking a favorite sammich is against my genetic coding. I am a victim of sammich promiscuity.

Having said that... pulled pork, on a fresh kaiser roll, smothered in Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce does sound tempting.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Aww ya sandwhiches are awesome! I like lumberjack sandwhiches (like the ones at safeway here in Canada) they have lots of meat and veggies and are soo good with melted cheese and peppered to perfection.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join