It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snipers deployed to tackle giant mutant rats

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Gigantic rats have been plaguing Iran's capital Tehran after being exposed to radiation and chemicals.

The troublesome rodents have grown to the size of cats and there are now more of them than humans in the city. University professor Ismail Kahram has stated that the changes in the animals would have normally taken "millions of years of evolution". With rat poison alone proving ineffective, authorities have started to send specially trained marksmen units out at night to hunt down and shoot the rodents.

Tehran has deployed snipers to fight an invasion of hyper-evolved "mutant rats", which officials say grew freakishly big after being exposed to radiation and chemicals. The cat-sized rats now outnumber humans in the Iranian capital.

www.ibtimes.co.uk...

edit on 5-3-2013 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
eww..

That rat is huge.

gross.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

There are bigger Rats than that in our Nations Capital.
Hopefully this is a trend that is carried overseas.

But holy Cripes , that Rat is a Monster.
Could be a Food Source if the War on Iran ever gets under way.
Wouldnt be the first time.
edit on 5-3-2013 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Pest to one Country...viable source of food to another.....ship them to N. Korea....

Des

edit on 5-3-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
And in the death,
As the last few corpses lay rotting on the slimy
Thoroughfare,
The shutters lifted in inches in Temperance Building,
High on Poacher's Hill.
And red, mutant, eyes gaze down on Hunger City.
No more big wheels.

Fleas the size of rats sucked on rats the size of cats,
And ten thousand peoploids split into small tribes,
Coveting the highest of the sterile skyscrapers,
Like packs of dogs assaulting the glass fronts of Love-Me Avenue.
Ripping and rewrapping mink and shiny silver fox, now leg-warmers.
Family badge of sapphire and cracked emerald.
Any day now,
The year of the Diamond Dogs.

"This ain't Rock'n'Roll,
This is Genocide."

--David Bowie, "Future Legend"
edit on 2013/3/5 by heyitsok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Pssht. Our New York rats will eat those Iranian rats for breakfast.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Eeh
The rat in the picture is a normal size rat, big, yes, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Sounds like an excuse, cause nothing has ever been done to the rat infestation, and they are now exploding in numbers.

But sounds cool, like Godzilla

edit on 5-3-2013 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

They have mutated from American depleted uranium ammunition so the kids are probably deformed also!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

They have mutated from American depleted uranium ammunition so the kids are probably deformed also!

seriously if thats a mutated rat , im president lincoln..........thats a normal size rat...........

Rats are large.......mice are not..........thats a rat.......

More bullcrap outa Iran.... if its anyones Uranium its THEIRS , we dont fire into Iran.......
edit on 5-3-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Did I miss something? When did we start firing DU into Iran?

For that matter, when has America ever fired any ordnance into Iran? Like, World War I maybe, before Iran or depleted uranium even existed?

Wait, did we even fight in Arabia during WWI, or was that just the British...

Oh yeah, now I remember, it was the British and the French who really screwed you guys over. With the Sykes-Picot agreement. Wow, if I was a Middle-Eastern citizen, I would be *really* pissed at France and Britain, since *they* were the ones who screwed up the Middle East. Not that America hasn't gone and screwed it up even more, but...

Oh wait, I just remembered something. There just might be American depleted uranium in Iran. We might have given them some when they demanded weapons in exchange for our hostages. Dang, now if I was president of the United States when the Iran Contra happened, I, personally, would have considered it an act of war and crushed Iran under the weight of American tanks. But. That. Never. Happened.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Immediately thinks FUKUSHIMA and what has been exposed / altered down there for the water medium allows for larger more complex growth as opposed to air particulate fallout exposure these creatures possibly received.
The true beast can actually be a real beast remember the weapons dropped or stored undersea in those water fills
Wishes Iran luck with managing this infestation if that's the true reason for sniper deployment. And hopes nothing ill grows from the waste deposits from these creatures and the predators that fly feeding off them crossing country borders..

NAMASTE*******

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The rat in that photo looks bigger because the lens of the camera. If you check again, you will notice the oversized hand of the person holding it too. Just an effect used for propaganda.

It's as big as those ones in the NY subway.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
No mutant rats my friends, just a "Gambian pouched rat".

www.buzzfeed.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

This is probably where they came from :

Giant African pouched rats are being used in Africa to locate landmines and help diagnose tuberculosis because of their acute sense of smell.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 5-3-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I have been looking around in arabic websites using google translate, lol, and it seems that this may have some truth to it.

Here's a link:

Arab site

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Nah ... come on guys, we all know better!

This is an Iranian top secret weapon. I'm actually surprised it's finally getting out.

Let's remember that Iran claimed to be training a bunch of women in the art of Ninjitsu...for sure, those mutant rats that have been trainined in the arts of the ninja.

Mutant. Ninja. Rats.

It's been a closely guarded secret, but for years Iran has been training these mutant rats. The cartoon "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" was social programming for us kids in the 90's to accept seeing big mutant rats, and assure us that America has something equally awesome: Mutant Ninja Turtles.

I've heard rumors from my sources that soon they might put them on a rocket ...then we'd have:

Mutant Ninja Rats in Space!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Once a friend was sleeping in a tent when during a cold night, she began to have the most lucid type dream of an overflowing of love from her heart region. She felt the warmth and energy of love like she had never felt before. As morning came she opened her eyes to discover a lone , giant rat had cozened up on her chest in the night.

This is the short version of her amazing story.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Must be CIA/MOSSAD/MI6 or MEK agents...they only giant rats I know.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Once a friend was sleeping in a tent when during a cold night, she began to have the most lucid type dream of an overflowing of love from her heart region. She felt the warmth and energy of love like she had never felt before. As morning came she opened her eyes to discover a lone , giant rat had cozened up on her chest in the night.

This is the short version of her amazing story.

Bra size?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I like the way the guy holds the rat out towards the camera to make it look bigger as compared to his body.

That is a strange looking rat though, I wish I could see it's true size though. S&F

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
...and the freaky thing about these rats is that they've mutated their FOXP2 gene, aka the "Language Gene".

fMRI analysis of these individuals performing silent verb generation and spoken word repetition tasks showed underactivation of Broca's area and the putamen, brain centers thought to be involved in language tasks. Because of this, FOXP2 has been dubbed the "language gene."

Yes, these giant mutant ninja rats can also talk. Iran pulled it off, they made a talking ninja rat.

I really need to stop, but I'm having way to much fun with all of this. Talking, mutant, radioactive, ninja rats -- possiblty in SPACE!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join